BNL and Rush

Huskerspheres

Went to the Bare Naked Ladies show tonight in Council Bluffs, IA...just across the river from Nebraska.

It was a great show and a lot of fun. Outdoor venue and the weather was perfect. My expectations were pretty low because this is the first time I've seen them without Stephan Paige, but they don't miss him as much as I thought they would.

Ed started talking about how nice it was, but last night wasn't and proceeded to tell us how all four band members flew up to Chicago to watch Rush last night. Said they were backstage with the guys when they cancelled the show. They were really bummed, but Jim was able to talk trail mix Geddy and Alex.

They then proceeded to play a little of Tom Sawyer...talked a bit more about the trip and played a bit more, then Tyler said "Rush needs to learn to play in...concert halls" and they went into SOR; then a little Limelight and then Fly By Night. They didn't play the entire songs of course but they were having fun. Ed then said his high school band covered about 20 Rush songs.

During "If I had a Million dollars" they pulled out tons of Rush references If I had a million dollars I'd buy you a "Red Barchetta"; "a Geddy and Alex too." For backup vocals Tyler threw in "time stands still" and "subdivisions."

As they were closing Kevin started to sing Closer to the Heart.

We had to leave for the encore, but I'm sure there was probably another reference or two.

I had on a SA tour shirt and afterwards a few people commented on it...nobody did before.

As a Rush fan, it was a great night. The crowd heard some Rush and cheered loudly. Hopefully some of these folks will hit the show on 8-25.

I saw BNL about 6 years ago & at the end of their show the played some RUSH.

Cool stuff you got to see @ that particular show . . . .

BNL named their group because they thought nobody would come see their show. So to draw people in to the gig they put,

Bare Naked Ladies on the Marquee

Just got through watching the movie Wall-E not long ago, so when I see the title of this thread, I can't help but think of this:

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3391/3278168064_b0fa78c73c.jpg

laugh.gif

QUOTE (Rush Cocky @ Jul 9 2010, 11:08 AM)
Just got through watching the movie Wall-E not long ago, so when I see the title of this thread, I can't help but think of this:

laugh.gif

Me too. I thought BNL was going to start carrying Rush CDs!

QUOTE (Rush Cocky @ Jul 9 2010, 10:08 AM)

laugh.gif

That's what I thought of too! laugh.gif

Archived