A thought regarding....

Echoes

...Jacobs Ladder. I was thinking....maybe they're going to play it on the Clockwork Angels tour. Think about it. TCE and JL being the two most requested songs, why would they play them in the same year? This way, it makes next year's tour just as special. Just a thought (and a wishful one at that)

smile.gif

EDIT: This is in regards to Alex's statement about them playing it this year~

Edited by Echoes

I'm sure it will be played next tour. I'm with you all the way on the thought patterns on why it was ommitted this time around! $$$ JL will sell the next tour as TCE sold this one! I just hope the prices come down!

Please guys I want to take my daughter next time!

rage.gif

pokey.gif I really dont get what's so important about them playing JL. Its a good song and all but what is the big deal. There's no major solo in it. Its a thematically boring song, zero to think about. Edited by briremo

QUOTE (briremo @ Jul 8 2010, 08:18 PM)
pokey.gif I really dont get what's so important about them playing JL. Its a good song and all but what is the big deal. There's no major solo in it. Its a thematically boring song, zero to think about.

Dont get it either. It has 3 short lyrical parts, the rest of the parts arent anything that excites me all that much.

If they never play it I wont cry about it. To me camera eye was a much bigger deal because its more of a full song, not a basic instrumental with just a few lyrics thrown in here and there.

TCE is just as repetitive as JL. I don't understand how someone can say "yes" to TCE but "no" to JL. They are very similar in structure.

I'd love to hear JL next tour. In fact, I hope they play all of PeW!!! A much better record than MP...IMO!

QUOTE (BrightAntennae @ Jul 8 2010, 10:06 PM)
TCE is just as repetitive as JL. I don't understand how someone can say "yes" to TCE but "no" to JL. They are very similar in structure.

I'd love to hear JL next tour. In fact, I hope they play all of PeW!!! A much better record than MP...IMO!

The drumming on TCE is Mt. Everest compared to the Stone Mountain that is Jacob's Ladder.

To hear Jacob's Ladder on the Clockwork tour would be great....but....having heard it live several times before I would rather hear Different Strings or even Natural Science again. Entre Nous was simply epic last tour and I don't believe you could ever duplicate that event. Any song off of PeW would be very much appreciated.

Jacob's Ladder...hmmmmm...isn't that from Permanent Waves? wub.gif Thinking (hoping) they might play that (in it's entirety) on the Clockwork Angels tour!! new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

JL would be nice but does go on for a bit. I'd like to see it segue into Xanadu, if they ever want to resurrect that song. I don't see why not either. The double neck isn't a requirement for Xanadu. Edited by quickfree

QUOTE (BrightAntennae @ Jul 8 2010, 11:06 PM)

Huh? Last time I listened to TCE, there was a healthy amount of singing in it. It's basically just 1 short song, with the 2nd part of it just mirroring the first, but JL is just an instrumental with a few lines of lyrics.

And its not even like YYZ instrumental, its basically a regular song, but with not many lyrics. Im not a big fan of songs like that. I think they pulled it off with JL, but its not something id get all pissed about if they never play it again.

QUOTE (trenken @ Jul 8 2010, 09:08 PM)
pokey.gif I really dont get what's so important about them playing JL. Its a good song and all but what is the big deal. There's no major solo in it. Its a thematically boring song, zero to think about.

Dont get it either. It has 3 short lyrical parts, the rest of the parts arent anything that excites me all that much.

If they never play it I wont cry about it. To me camera eye was a much bigger deal because its more of a full song, not a basic instrumental with just a few lyrics thrown in here and there.

Totally agree.

That said, one thing I LOVE about seeing Rush is how they keep dusting off all these classics that I never thought I'd hear. Jacob's Ladder fits that description, but I do agree with you guys that it's not in the same league as the Camera Eye.

QUOTE (trenken @ Jul 8 2010, 09:08 PM)

Same here. Nothing against JL, but so many people being so emotional about hearing (or in this case, finding out they wouldn't hear) that particular song is mystifying. Of course I never got the panting and slobbering over TCE either, so maybe I'm just weird cool.gif

QUOTE (trenken @ Jul 9 2010, 08:09 AM)
QUOTE (BrightAntennae @ Jul 8 2010, 11:06 PM)

Huh? Last time I listened to TCE, there was a healthy amount of singing in it. It's basically just 1 short song, with the 2nd part of it just mirroring the first, but JL is just an instrumental with a few lines of lyrics.

And its not even like YYZ instrumental, its basically a regular song, but with not many lyrics. Im not a big fan of songs like that. I think they pulled it off with JL, but its not something id get all pissed about if they never play it again.

What??? confused13.gif

I wasn't referring to the lyrics. I didn't even mention the lyrics.

I meant the basic structure of the song itself is repetitive... just as TCE is repetitive.