geddy's basses

zepptrap

Three from what I've seen.

The main black Jazz (with a new neck and pickguard for this tour)

The red Jazz (tuned down one step for 2112)

Another black Jazz (tuned to drop D for Stick it Out)

I'm sure they carry a backup for each bass also.

No Ric and no fretless to be seen this time around.

The "main black" isn't actually his "main black." It's a Custom Shop bass like the others (the video camera actually got a shot of the back of the head, which clearly showed the Fender Custom Shot logo.)

Idd not his usual bass, but a Fender Jazz with a pearl pickguard, and pearloid neck, and a time machine logo on the pickguard.

And ofcourse trough an Orange amp cool.gif

Edited by Razorhead

QUOTE (reimero @ Jul 6 2010, 03:48 PM)
The "main black" isn't actually his "main black." It's a Custom Shop bass like the others (the video camera actually got a shot of the back of the head, which clearly showed the Fender Custom Shot logo.)

That's interesting.

Has it been said that it is an entirely new bass? As attached as he is to the '72 I would be amazed that he would retire it.

I know the neck on the original '72 was replaced for the S&A tour with the neck from a Fender Geddy Jazz. The original neck was very worn out. This was said by his bass tech on the TalkBass forums. I would not be surprised if he had Fender make him a new Custom Shop neck for the '72.

QUOTE (_pete_ @ Jul 7 2010, 07:46 AM)
QUOTE (reimero @ Jul 6 2010, 03:48 PM)
The "main black" isn't actually his "main black."  It's a Custom Shop bass like the others (the video camera actually got a shot of the back of the head, which clearly showed the Fender Custom Shot logo.)

That's interesting.

Has it been said that it is an entirely new bass? As attached as he is to the '72 I would be amazed that he would retire it.

I know the neck on the original '72 was replaced for the S&A tour with the neck from a Fender Geddy Jazz. The original neck was very worn out. This was said by his bass tech on the TalkBass forums. I would not be surprised if he had Fender make him a new Custom Shop neck for the '72.

It's *possible* that it's the original bass, but if that's the case, it has a new neck and a new pick guard. And I seriously doubt they'd put a Custom Shop logo on a replacement head when the body and pickups remain intact. But I could be wrong.

check out some of the preproduction pics, you can see its the orginal body, its got the bridge cover screw holes which are not on the GL jazz thats sold. Unless they made him a relic