How many Time Machine Dads (or moms) here?

NeilBeart

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I took my daughter to see Rush during both legs of the Snake and arrows tour! She became an instant Rush Fan. Hell she's been listening to rush since the womb. My wife was 6 months pregnant when we went to the T4E tour! She was kicking all over the place!

Now she's pissed she can't go to this tour! Thanks to the extremely high prices!

Thanks 2.gif !

angry.gif

I took my son (almost 13) last night to Jones Beach. Great Show. Truly enjoyed it. I think he was the most excited fan in the place. I have not seen them since the Presto Tour, and before that the Moving Pictures Tour (hey ... being a student and father takes you away from that stuff), but I always bought the albums. From what I remember back then, they were much tighter and there stuff sounded like the record , only live (sort of like Yes, which is my other favorite group). Now they seem to be more relaxed and have fun with themselves. Makes the atmosphere a lot of fun.

My son loved RB, TCE, YYZ, 2112 and most of all Caravan. For me, it was TCE and Caravan; that new song kicks a_s. The vids were great. While the sound could be better, the dynamic view overlooking the Atlantic Ocean (we sat high up in the middle so it was perfect!) truly was awe inspiring. Can't wait to go to the next tour with him. While we both love Yes, Rush writes new music, and incredibly good music at that! Can't wait for the new album!

Dammit, you don't bring a three year old to a rock concert.

Last night at the Robert Plant show, there were two people with their kid sitting right in front of us. The kid was no more than three, guaranteed. He spent the show whipping his teddy bear around, annoying everyone else around him, and getting smoke blown in his face by his asshat father. His mother spent most of the show ignoring him and texting on her phone. He had what looked to me like gold teeth, and when I mentioned to my wife, she says, "oh no, they're silver. That's what happens when idiot parents put soda or juice in a bottle and let their kids suck on it all day, or if they put milk in a bottle and let the kid take it to the crib at night. They suck on it all night and their teeth rot out by the time they're three. Doctors always tell new parents not to do that."

And these douchebags weren't young, either. Hell, they might have been the kid's grandparents, they looked like they were in their 50's. Maybe early 50's. I don't care about smoking at a concert, I really don't. But this prick pissed me off so much with blowing smoke right at the kid that a few times I tried to get the Staff's attention and point him out. He only got busted once.

So... I'm not bringing by soon-to-be five year old to any Rush tour next year. No rock concerts 'til she's a lot older. They're no place for a young child. Even if those idiots in front of us hadn't rammed the point home, the music is too loud, there's too much smoke/weed in the air, and it's just not worth bringing a really little kid to.

Edited by danielmclark

I am taking my 11 year old daughter to the Aug. 29th show at Nationwide for her first real concert of any kind. Ever since she was a toddler and loved watching "dragon" on my Rio DVD I told myself if I ever had the chance to take her to her first real concert it would be Rush and thankfully that will happen.

Almost didn't because wife wanted to go see Rascal Flatts on Aug. 8th in town but couldn't afford both for all of us. Whew!!!! new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

I will be bringing my daughter, 16, and my son, 13, to their first Rush show this year, Atlanta.

I can't wait--especially to get their reactions...(they've been diggin' on Rush with me for a few years now...)

Their only other rock show of major note was Cheap Trick at the Ryman in Nashville, that did them well.

Good question!

Edited by rushthroughtime

QUOTE (GernTheFish @ Jul 30 2010, 12:38 PM)
I'm bringing my 2 teenage boys (14 and 16) to the show in Bristow for a guys night out.  They've both seen Rush once before.

Who knows, maybe Rush will still be touring when I'm a grandfather and I can bring all 3 generations to a show.

Yeah, and hopefully they'll play I Think I'm Going Bald for us all...

cool.gif