How many Time Machine Dads (or moms) here?

NeilBeart

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Taking both of my kids who will be 12 and 15 at the time. This is their 2nd Rush show they were both at R30 but they were quite young. This time they get front row with me.

They both like Rush and my son (12) has really gotten into them loading all of their albums on his MP3 player. His favorite album: 2112, that's my boy! biggrin.gif

I wish we could take our son - but at 20 months he's just too young to go to a concert at this point. He can barely sit through going to see his Papa play at a 90 minute outdoor summer show. My older brother and sister took me to my first Rush show in 1994 ( heart.gif ) and we've always at least hooked up at shows even though we've not been sitting together since smile.gif

QUOTE (LakesideMaiden @ Jul 7 2010, 02:24 PM)
I wish we could take our son - but at 20 months he's just too young to go to a concert at this point.  He can barely sit through going to see his Papa play at a 90 minute outdoor summer show.  My older brother and sister took me to my first Rush show in 1994 ( heart.gif ) and we've always at least hooked up at shows even though we've not been sitting together since smile.gif

Nice. We are heading out in an hour for the BIG SHOE....complete with homemade banner "Rash Rulz"

common001.gif

QUOTE (NeilBeart @ Jul 3 2010, 02:44 AM)
I was first introduced to Rush by my older brother (passed away in 2003) back in 1978 when I was 10. He had Hemispheres, Caress of Steel and 2112 on 8-Tracks.

Fast fwd 30+ years, and now I'm bringing my 10 yr. old drummer son to see Rush at the Chicago show on 7-7. I can't wait to see his reaction! His drum instructor (college drummer buddy) will also be across the way with his wife.

Just wondering how many Rush fans/parents are doing the same (circle of life) thing with your kids this tour?

2.gif

This will be the second show for my 12 year old son. He's a drummer too.

My daughter is 9 (10 in September)and there is no way I would take her to a concert with me. These nights are for me to regain the sanity I lose being a parent. Its a night for me to cut loose with friends and be me instead of dad. Maybe someday I would take her to a show, but certainly not now! no.gif atickhum.gif Edited by tick

Taking my son to his first Rush/rock show. The kid is pretty amazing in the patience department and is a budding drummer already at his young age of almost 6 years old. He has been begging to go to a rock concert since 4. I told him only Rush would happen.

We are sitting 17th dead center for West Palm so it will be a lot of fun for him. If he gets tired.....he sleeps in the chair. And he knows this. But I have a good feeling he makes it through all the way. The only thing is I think we may take off during the last tune to beat the herd to the car. That has never happened before...but it's only one song...no biggie.

I am going the night before to Tampa so I am getting in my own show too. If he does well at this show he will go again in 2011.

Rush and Kiss would be the only 2 bands I would take him to a show period. All other concerts start at age 13 (just like dad).

QUOTE (NeilBeart @ Jul 7 2010, 04:14 PM)
Rained out tonight sad.gif  ....rescheduled?  confused13.gif

We were able to get 2 of Alex's guitar pics from Tony Geranios (Geddy's Keyboard Tech)

http://www.spenweb.com/images/Alex_Guitar_Pics.jpg

August 5th will actually be my 10 year old son Alex's third Rush concert. Don't worry, we always make sure he has hearing protection. He has really enjoyed them. He has always been very mature for his age, so I made the decision on the '07 tour to bring him along. He had a great time and still remembers that, as well as the show we went to on the '08 tour.

He finally decided that he wants to play guitar. He went through this stage where he was only interested in drums, but now guitarist/bassist mommy has won out over drummer daddy! cool.gif

Now, he can play guitar...just like that one dude that I named him after... tongue.gif

I took my little brother who was 12 at the time to the R30 tour at Tinley Park, IL. It was his first show and we had front row seats from the Rush.com contest. I took him to Milwaukee this tour. I never pushed RUSH on him, he has made all the effort on his own and is an avid bassist, guitarist, and trumpeter. :-)

QUOTE (spacement @ Jul 8 2010, 01:52 AM)
We are taking my daughter to Vegas and Red Rocks. Although she's not due until Nov. 21. Does that count? My wife got me the Signals onesie for Fathers Day to match my Signals shirt. th1245.gif

laugh.gif well, if that's the case, Niall went to 2 shows on the S&A tour, Mansfield, MA and Manchester, NH 1022.gif

I am taking my wife to her first Rush show. We've only been married for 25 years. My first Rush show was Moving Pictures tour 9/25/80 at the Spectrum in Philly. We're going to see the Time Machine @ Red Rocks since there's no Arizona stop this time.

2.gif

Well I basically got myself into Rush a couple of years ago.(I was one of those guitar hero nerds for a little while and fell in love with YYZ. My friend's dads took me onto his man-cave to give me the official introduction;made me listen to 2112.) It'll be my first show 9-29. If I'm lucky maybe I'LL be taking my dad on the clockwork tour. My family enjoys listening to them, which makes me feel proud and happy that they can appreciate something I love so much.

First took my son to see them in Austin in 2008 when he was 13. He's 15 now, and we just saw them in KC. We're going to St. Louis in a little over a month to see them again. He's hooked... Edited by bhuie

QUOTE (Lerxt1fan @ Jul 11 2010, 12:10 AM)
I took my 19 year old [then] daughter to Snakes and Arrows in 1997 and I'm taking my 19 year old [now] son to the Time Machine concert in august. I'm 47, and I've been listening to Rush since 1977.

You sir (or ma'am) appear to be magic. It takes great dedication and commitment to see a tour that won't happen for another decade. You have my deepest respect. ph34r.gif

QUOTE (pedro2112 @ Jul 3 2010, 03:20 AM)
QUOTE (NeilBeart @ Jul 3 2010, 12:44 AM)
I was first introduced to Rush by my older brother (passed away in 2003) back in 1978 when I was 10.  He had Hemispheres, Caress of Steel and 2112 on 8-Tracks.

Fast fwd 30+ years, and now I'm bringing my 10 yr. old drummer son to see Rush at the Chicago show on 7-7.  I can't wait to see his reaction!  His drum instructor (college drummer buddy) will also be across the way with his wife.

Just wondering how many Rush fans/parents are doing the same (circle of life) thing with your kids this tour?

2.gif

We are bringing my 10 and 11 year old daughters for their first Rush show!

We're bringing our 16 year old twins to their first show this year as well. trink39.gif

QUOTE (Test4Eggo @ Jul 9 2010, 02:45 AM)
Well I basically got myself into Rush a couple of years ago.(I was one of those guitar hero nerds for a little while and fell in love with YYZ. My friend's dads took me onto his man-cave to give me the official introduction;made me listen to 2112.) It'll be my first show 9-29. If I'm lucky maybe I'LL be taking my dad on the clockwork tour. My family enjoys listening to them, which makes me feel proud and happy that they can appreciate something I love so much.

Very cool.

QUOTE (In A Tidewater Surge @ Jul 11 2010, 04:26 AM)
QUOTE (Lerxt1fan @ Jul 11 2010, 12:10 AM)
I took my 19 year old [then] daughter to Snakes and Arrows in 1997 and I'm taking my 19 year old [now] son to the Time Machine concert in august. I'm 47, and I've been listening to Rush since 1977.

You sir (or ma'am) appear to be magic. It takes great dedication and commitment to see a tour that won't happen for another decade. You have my deepest respect. ph34r.gif

laugh.gif