How many Time Machine Dads (or moms) here?

NeilBeart

I was first introduced to Rush by my older brother (passed away in 2003) back in 1978 when I was 10. He had Hemispheres, Caress of Steel and 2112 on 8-Tracks.

Fast fwd 30+ years, and now I'm bringing my 10 yr. old drummer son to see Rush at the Chicago show on 7-7. I can't wait to see his reaction! His drum instructor (college drummer buddy) will also be across the way with his wife.

Just wondering how many Rush fans/parents are doing the same (circle of life) thing with your kids this tour?

2.gif

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (NeilBeart @ Jul 3 2010, 12:44 AM)
I was first introduced to Rush by my older brother (passed away in 2003) back in 1978 when I was 10. He had Hemispheres, Caress of Steel and 2112 on 8-Tracks.

Fast fwd 30+ years, and now I'm bringing my 10 yr. old drummer son to see Rush at the Chicago show on 7-7. I can't wait to see his reaction! His drum instructor (college drummer buddy) will also be across the way with his wife.

Just wondering how many Rush fans/parents are doing the same (circle of life) thing with your kids this tour?

2.gif

We are bringing my 10 and 11 year old daughters for their first Rush show!

I will be bringing my 11 year old son to SPAC in July. It will be his 2nd Rush show. His first was the SPAC show back in '08 (12th row).

Bringing my 12 and 14 year old boys to their first RUSH show (my 12th). They've never been to any live shows and are only casual fans of RUSH but I'm pretty sure this will seal the deal! new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q224/briremo/Iphonepics092.jpg

Edited by briremo

My daughter turns 5 tomorrow (7/4). If there was a show closer to the home I would probably take her and sit on the lawn. As it is I have to drive to VA for the only show I'll catch this year so it's just not feasible.

Next year if there is an NC show I'll be bringing her.

QUOTE (briremo @ Jul 3 2010, 06:24 AM)
Bringing my 12 and 14 year old boys to their first RUSH show (my 12th). They've never been to any live shows and are only casual fans of RUSH but I'm pretty sure this will seal the deal! new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif
http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q224/briremo/Iphonepics092.jpg

That will be cool....both of them all wide-eyed! Have fun.

1022.gif 1022.gif

Not this year... my oldest is four. I'm tempted to bring her to next year's show though, because... well, not to sound morbid or anything, but the guys aren't getting any younger. If they tour in 2011, it's unlikely they'd get out again until 2013 or 2014 - will they still be willing to go on the road in 2014? I hope so.

On the other hand... the kid will only be five next year, and I have a hard time imagining bringing a five year old to a rock concert.

I want my kid to see Rush, but the ages of everyone involved is a toughie. lol

I'm bringing my 15 year old daughter to the SLC show (her 1st). She swears that she'll like it, and I hope she does.

But, she is a 15 year old girl....

QUOTE (Funky Chicken @ Jul 3 2010, 08:05 AM)
My daughter turns 5 tomorrow (7/4). If there was a show closer to the home I would probably take her and sit on the lawn. As it is I have to drive to VA for the only show I'll catch this year so it's just not feasible.
Next year if there is an NC show I'll be bringing her.

Pretty much where I am at too. My son is 12 and if I did not have to drive to ATL, we would attend. Still sitting on the fence, can't decide. lets hope for a NC date next year.

I did score us a pair of 7th row seats for the upcoming porcupine tree gig though.

QUOTE (micgtr71 @ Jul 3 2010, 06:07 AM)
I will be bringing my 11 year old son to SPAC in July. It will be his 2nd Rush show. His first was the SPAC show back in '08 (12th row).

My oldest brother brought me to my first Rush concert back on the GUP tour. I am bringing my son (8 years old) to his first Rush concert @ SPAC. It will be my third time to this venue, always enjoy seeing Rush play there!!!

My son went to three RUSH shows while still in womb (first leg of snakes and arrows). While a bit to young (2 and 3) to bring to this tour, both my son and daughter love rush. Will definitely be bringing them to a tour in a few years (keep playing guys!).

Will say from shows I've been to, Rush is probably the only band I've seen where a number of fans were wearing diapers, both from being too young and to old to control. Most diverse audience in terms of age and diversity of the crowds.

I'm hoping to take my 12 year old son to a show next year -it just hit me that he'll be 13 by then... He can't make it to the ATL show this year because of school and football.

Heck yes!

Took Zoe to see "Snakes And Arrows" when she was 11.

We just got back from New Mexico with both girls Zoe and Skylar.

Skylar is 9 and it was her first Rush concert. She loved it!

"Subdivisions" and "Closer To The Heart" were her favorite songs.

My 10 year old is attending Milwaukee with me tonight and both Chicago shows. He also went to Milwaukee Live S&A with me in 2008. My older son who is 13 now went to R30 Milwaukee and Milwaukee Live S&A with me. We also saw the Scorpions last night at Summerfest. Edited by EPR66

Dad is taking me to the show in Atlanta, which will be my fourth Rush show and his... tenth(?) show.

Milwaukee was my 15 year old sons first Rush show. My first Rush show was when I was 16...

Saw my first Rush show on the Permanent Waves tour, haven't missed a tour since.

Named my son Rush (still don't know how I convinced my wife who is not a fan) when he came around in 93. Took him to his first show on Vapor Trails, really got into them, picked up the guitar after Snakes and Arrows, and now spends his time learning and playing Rush!

Would love to win a meet and greet for Tampa or West Palm and surprise him.

I am taking my daughter Sam to the Atlanta show. This will be about her 10th show. Started her out on the T4E tour when she was five. This time she is driving up from the University of Georgia and meeting me at the show. Time goes by to fast. Edited by johndyar

Taking my eldest son who is 16 to his 3rd Rush show in Tampa.

This is a good thing, he will be almost exactly one month older than I was when I saw Rush for the first time smile.gif