Prices of merch?

QUOTE (Some Half-Forgotten Stranger @ Jul 2 2010, 06:51 PM)
If the price of the merchandise is reflective of the ticket prices...better take out a second mortgage.

Ya, we were lucky here in Minnesota with the best seats being only $70

Also, I thought I read that on Iron Maiden's tour, tour shirts were $50 so it wouldn't surprise me if it's the same for Rush.

QUOTE (fonzbear2000 @ Jul 2 2010, 06:59 PM)
QUOTE (Some Half-Forgotten Stranger @ Jul 2 2010, 06:51 PM)
If the price of the merchandise is reflective of the ticket prices...better take out a second mortgage.

Ya, we were lucky here in Minnesota with the best seats being only $70

Also, I thought I read that on Iron Maiden's tour, tour shirts were $50 so it wouldn't surprise me if it's the same for Rush.

Holy crap....I won't be.....wait a minute come to think of it I havn't bought a tour shirt in years...since...like counterparts...I only buy programs.

QUOTE (fordgt99 @ Jul 2 2010, 07:37 PM)
With the top shirt on Rush's website being $39 (so far), I hope prices are similar at the show. Having said that, I think the prices we have seen online are a little too high.

They may go down after the tour is over. I was doing work with a very established musician that kept his internet merch prices the same as he was selling them at the shows for. He wanted to keep an even playing field for the fans so if they purchased something at the show they wouldn't be disappointed to find out it would have been cheaper if they waited and bought it online. Also keep in mind that most venues take 40-50% of the merch sales and that doesn't to help keep merch prices low.

I've seen other bands with shirts in the $25 range and some others in the $60 range (Spyro Gyro).

I will NOT be buying a tour book because all the photos are from the last tour, which is asinine if you ask me. I know it would be impossible to sell pics from this in this tour's tour book, but I want pics from this tour.

QUOTE (fonzbear2000 @ Jul 2 2010, 06:29 PM)
So, what are the prices of the various goodies being sold? Also, any pics of the merch booths so we can see what everything looks like?

Most of the new t-shirts are $35, but two are $40.

Judging from what you said in your post, it seems you don't know about the official merchandise website, where you can order official Rush swag year-round. It's here:

http://www.rushbackstage.com/rushbackstage/index.html

Edited by GeddyRulz

Last shirt I bought was on the presto tour. I thought that it was expensive then. Besides, I am too fat to wear one now. Come to think of it, I was too fat then.

QUOTE (GeddyRulz @ Jul 2 2010, 08:25 PM)
So, what are the prices of the various goodies being sold? Also, any pics of the merch booths so we can see what everything looks like?

Judging from what you said in your post, it seems you don't know about the official merchandise website, where you can order official Rush swag year-round. It's here:

I see that, but what I'm wondering is what shirts are being sold at the shows and how much are they going for? At the shows that is. Surely someone on here who's been to one of the shows so far must know.

QUOTE (fonzbear2000 @ Jul 2 2010, 09:30 PM)

I see that, but what I'm wondering is what shirts are being sold at the shows and how much are they going for? At the shows that is. Surely someone on here who's been to one of the shows so far must know.

Out of the 100+ views this has gotten, none of those people have been to any of the shows so far and can answer my questions?

What you see sold at the Backstage Club is what's sold at the gigs and at the same price, at least the newer t-shirts supporting the new album/tour. (The t-shirts for older albums at the Backstage Club aren't usually brought along for sale at gigs, just the new stuff.)

QUOTE (PuppetKing2112 @ Jul 3 2010, 01:25 AM)
Is there no water bottle? I swear I read somewhere that they were selling a stainless-steel Starman water bottle this tour.

Sean,

No water bottles at the show in New Mexico, but thanks for the reminder.

I bought a couple of those bottles months ago on the Live Nation Website.

I never got them.

Typical.......

QUOTE (fonzbear2000 @ Jul 2 2010, 09:30 PM)

The site only has 4 shirt designs for the tour up so far. I would image there are a few more (and shirts for the ladies too).

Also on the comment about the tour book, didn't the S&A book have some pics from the R30 tour? I'll have to look at mine later, but want to say it does have R30 tour pics.