Way to fix the setlist...

shaun3701

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (pedro2112 @ Jul 3 2010, 12:23 AM)
IIRC, Time Stand Still was Rush's most popular single ever.

I thought Limelight was

then I heard Tom Sawyer was

then I heard New World Man was

or wait, maybe I just heard that was the highest selling single they had

now I'm hearing Time Stand Still was their most popular song

wacko.gif

QUOTE (Kenneth @ Jul 3 2010, 01:32 AM)

I thought Limelight was

wacko.gif

It went the highest on the charts, IIRC.

QUOTE (Kenneth @ Jul 3 2010, 02:32 AM)

I thought Limelight was

wacko.gif

It doesn't surprise me that a song like that would be a hit single. Look at all the garbage that's on the charts at any given time and then look at all the good stuff that's not.

QUOTE (amish_ashaman @ Jul 4 2010, 03:03 AM)
QUOTE (Kenneth @ Jul 3 2010, 02:32 AM)

I thought Limelight was

wacko.gif

It doesn't surprise me that a song like that would be a hit single. Look at all the garbage that's on the charts at any given time and then look at all the good stuff that's not.

Aimee Mann was in it... a hot chick in the song automatically makes it better tongue.gif

I wouldn't swap out anything they're playing on this tour. I think they did a nice job of playing songs you wouldn't expect. If I were to "tweak" the set slightly it would be to add JL to the end of the 1st set and Xanadu to the end of the 2nd set. I thought both sets just flew by and adding another 7-10 minutes would have made it perfect for me. 653.gif

you guys must be smoking some fat ones. cool10.gif

faithless was a horrible choice, and even though subdivisions is a staple, they need to replace it.

freewill needs to be retired and even though working man was good for r30, please retire that one also. i really hope they have better intentions for the next album tour which will probably be their last.

Edited by ReflectedLight

They said before the tour that they were going to do Jacob's Ladder. I guess it wasn't done at the first few shows. Hopefully they will add it to the setlist. Also, Turn The Page would be great to hear. They only did that on the Hold Your Fire tour.

QUOTE (shaun3701 @ Jul 2 2010, 07:09 PM)
Replace Presto with War Paint

Replace Stick it Out with Driven

Replace Workin' Them Angels and Faithless with Jacob's Ladder

That would have been MUCH better.

I dunno, I like both of them, can't pick one of them.

Hell no. Cut to the Chase, on the other hand...

Drop WTA for JL, but not Faithless.

QUOTE (Silas Lang @ Jul 2 2010, 08:12 PM)
Red Tide for Presto
Cut To The Chase for Leave That Thing Alone
Kid Gloves for Far Cry
Secret Touch for Workin' Them Angels

Edited by Relayer

Instead of doing all of Moving Pictures. They have done all the songs from that a number of times, except for the Camera Eye. They haven't done that since the edited version on the Signals tour. After doing Cygnus X-1 book one, they should have done all of Cygnus X-1, book two: Hemispheres.

Best Setlist:

The Spirit of the Radio

The Analog Kid

Turn The Page

A Farewell To Kings

The Camera Eye - Complete version

2112 Overture/ Grand Finale

Xanadu - Complete version

Manhattan Project

Red Barchetta

Beneath between and Behind

INTERMISSION

Set 2

Limelight

Natural Science

Cygnus X-1 Book One - Complete Version

Cygnus X-1 Book Two: Hemispheres complete

Circumstances

The Trees

La Villa Strangiato

Tom Sawyer

Jacob's Ladder

Edited by Relayer

From requesting they stop playing their best songs (Freewill and Subdivisions) to suggesting that one will sell one's tickets because of ONE song on a set list (Faithless), the level of sheer idiocy in this thread is practically overwhelming.

Wow. Just wow.

QUOTE (pedro2112 @ Jul 6 2010, 01:32 AM)
From requesting they stop playing their best songs (Freewill and Subdivisions) to suggesting that one will sell one's tickets because of ONE song on a set list (Faithless), the level of sheer idiocy in this thread is practically overwhelming.

Wow. Just wow.

Yeah, this is a classic WTF thread. wacko.gif

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Jul 6 2010, 12:45 AM)
QUOTE (pedro2112 @ Jul 6 2010, 01:32 AM)

Wow. Just wow.

Yeah, this is a classic WTF thread. wacko.gif

No doubt. Man if they play Tom Sawyer on the next tour I'm not going...

rofl3.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif

I was just thinking that a Rush set that consists of nothing but tunes they have never played before live would be cool. If that list was short, then they could add songs that have not been played in 20 years, etc...This would mean no TS, Limelight, SOR, Freewill, YYZ, etc...

I can hear the whining already....LMAO

2.gif

dude i've had my say with the setlist. i do realize like any other band, they will play their staples which is 3-4 of their signature tunes, but i'm just at a point where i've seen them many times and get bored easily if the setlist is not shaken up with more than a couple. it is what is but i'm not going to run to the box office and drop my hard earned cash just because it's rush and we must bow before the trio. i would love for them to actually use the word revamped and mean it.

QUOTE (pedro2112 @ Jul 6 2010, 12:32 AM)

Wow. Just wow.

I don't know man, maybe I'm just losing interest.

They have decided to play the worst song on their worst album, well...Bravest Face is outright embarrassing...they are neck and neck. Yeah, I know, just my opinion. I've avoided looking at set list threads so as to be surprised, but stumbled into this one out of uncontrolled curiosity.

With this stellar pick, I guess other barnburners like Leave That Thing Alone or Limbo are coming, or maybe High Water or Presto.

I fear I'm just losing interest. Not much of what they do anymore excites me. Pretty sad thing for me but it is what it is I guess. Its not their job to excite me. But I do miss when they did.

Wow...

The positive spin on this pertains to the fact that in the place of all those "losing interest" will be those with interest or getting interested. IMO, that is a good thing!

2.gif

QUOTE (Pound of Obscure @ Jul 6 2010, 05:56 PM)
With this stellar pick, I guess other barnburners like Leave That Thing Alone or Limbo are coming, or maybe High Water or Presto.

You may want to check the full setlist. I don't think you're going to like set one. no.gif

QUOTE (Pound of Obscure @ Jul 6 2010, 05:56 PM)
QUOTE (pedro2112 @ Jul 6 2010, 12:32 AM)

Wow. Just wow.

I don't know man, maybe I'm just losing interest.

They have decided to play the worst song on their worst album, well...Bravest Face is outright embarrassing...they are neck and neck. Yeah, I know, just my opinion. I've avoided looking at set list threads so as to be surprised, but stumbled into this one out of uncontrolled curiosity.

I fear I'm just losing interest. Not much of what they do anymore excites me. Pretty sad thing for me but it is what it is I guess. Its not their job to excite me. But I do miss when they did.

Opinions like this illustrate how hard it is for them to please everyone. I think S&A is far from their worst album . Power Windows, Hold Your Fire and Presto were REALLY bad, IMO, but a lot of people like them. Roll the Bones wasn't much better. I think they could have skipped ahead straight to Counterparts and been better off. I think S&A is the best work they've done since Grace Under Pressure, but that's just me. And for what it's worth, Faithless is one of my favorite songs on the album.

And yeah, Pariah Dog was right. You may not like the rest of set one...

Edited by amish_ashaman