Filming The Time Machine

losingit2k

+1 for WPB baby!

There is no way they are not going to record this tour. Look at the cost of this stage and set! You can't let that go to waste for 40 dates.

Edited by briremo

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (WIDE-ANGLE WATCHER @ Jul 2 2010, 07:26 PM)
I hope they film MP on this tour at several venues (7, one for each song) and make a Live MP DVD.

Hoping they record one song at Irvine Meadows. Alex has said he really likes this venue and when it was the last stop on the '90 Presto Tour the sound and energy was epic.

A Live Moving Pictures album would sell on it's own accord or help the Clockwork Angels sales as a bonus DVD.

I really have myself believing in this now....great. Now I expect a LIVE MOVING PICTURES DVD. (with some new song bonus tracks).

RUSH....please make it happen.

I love Irvine Meadows, every Rush show I've seen there has been awesome. I always thought they should shoot a DVD there.

QUOTE (briremo @ Jul 2 2010, 08:18 PM)
+1 for WPB baby!

There is no way they are not going to record this tour.

+2.. but they won't use that venue IMHO because the seating section is comparitively small.

So record Tampa Oct. 1.. I'm still good laugh.gif

I agree that this tour is designed for a DVD release... all of MP with the never (officially) recorded live TCE and hauling 3 more never-on-video songs out of the vault (TSS, Stick It Out, Presto) plus a previously unplayed S&A tune (Faithless) and the 2 new songs. That's 7 total songs new for the DVD.

Of the 24 non-drum-solo songs, 13 weren't played on either S&A leg.

TCE

Vital Signs

LVS

LTTA

CTTH

Working Man

Marathon

Presto

Faithless

Stick It Out

Caravan

BU2B

Time Stand Still

Well it seems like they would have to at least record a show even if they dont release it as a full on DVD. I think it would be super cool if they released a live video of the new songs Caravan and BU2B. I am sure we will see some video from the time machine tour somewhere in the future even if its not on a full scale dvd.

They have been filming the last few tours during the last show on the tour. And not in the US. Much bigger audiences at the large places in Europe and SA (everyone has to go to that show if its the only show they are doing).

If they do film this tour likely be in Florida at last show. More shows before filming = more rehearsal. And the more DVD's they put out the more money they make.

Although it would be great to do a lot of shows and pick the best versions of each song, like they used to do on the older live stuff.

QUOTE (The Main Monkey Business @ Jul 2 2010, 08:35 AM)
They won't film this mini tour.

They'll do a full concert dvd on the main tour next year after they've finished clockwork angels, most likely at a european venue.

Yep,..they can film things cheaper in other countries than the US

QUOTE (NaturalScientist75 @ Jul 3 2010, 02:23 PM)
They have been filming the last few tours during the last show on the tour. And not in the US.  Much bigger audiences at the large places in Europe and SA (everyone has to go to that show if its the only show they are doing).

If they do film this tour likely be in Florida at last show.  More shows before filming = more rehearsal.  And the more DVD's they put out the more money they make.

Although it would be great to do a lot of shows and pick the best versions of each song, like they used to do on the older live stuff.

I'm sure they are going to film the first leg of the tour.

Edited by nobodys hero

I actually spoke to some crew about this at Summerfest. The thinking is to "try" and film in the U.S. a show but they want to film in South America. Then hold onto the filmed footage and then tour for Clockwork Angels and then release a package with the different songs on the Clockwork Angels tour on a separate disc.

Kinda what they did with the Alpharetta show for S&A.

I actually think they will record this tour. Next years tour is going to be different in many ways. This one has a total concept all of it's own. The stage set up and all the quirky equipment for the Time Machine. Also, I remember reading an interview with Alex some time ago and he said it was their goal now to film and record as much of their catalog as possible for posterity.

I admit. it would be nice to see a RUSH concert filmed at Red Rocks!

1022.gif

QUOTE (farcryoverspilledmilk @ Jul 4 2010, 02:02 PM)
I actually spoke to some crew about this at Summerfest. The thinking is to "try" and film in the U.S. a show but they want to film in South America. Then hold onto the filmed footage and then tour for Clockwork Angels and then release a package with the different songs on the Clockwork Angels tour on a separate disc.

Kinda what they did with the Alpharetta show for S&A.

Makes me wonder how much of a change we'll get this year vs. next in terms of song selection.

New songs will sneak into the setlist next year and they seem more likely to drop some of the rare,unplayed stuff as recent history shows. (Between Sun & Moon-dropped for R30/Entre Nous-dropped 2008 leg)

I would think some songs would be held over for the UK shows in 2011 that hadn't seen them in years or never, like Camera Eye/Presto/Faithless.

Otherwise it wouldn't be very fair now, would it?

QUOTE (farcryoverspilledmilk @ Jul 4 2010, 05:09 PM)
Wasn't fair when they dumped Entre Nous and Circumstances in favor of The Trees and Red Barchetta or Ghost of a Chance if you ask me.

If you were lucky enough to see both legs, as was I, than the A/B alternates were an awesome bonus.

Next year for the Clockwork tour I hope they have 2 or 3 A/B switches, it inspires me and probably many thousands to go to more than one show/leg per tour.

QUOTE (rocketom @ Jul 2 2010, 06:53 AM)
Red Rocks would make sense. Theres an off day between shows, they could rehearse the 6 new songs they have written, film it, release it as a bonus disc when the cd comes out next year.

...and the mini tour will be a bonus feature biggrin.gif

Red Rocks would be great!

I think it would be interesting to see a DVD from a show on an Amphitheater. Starting on the daylight and ending after sunset.

QUOTE (irish_matt @ Jul 2 2010, 09:18 AM)
I actually think they will record this tour.  Next years tour is going to be different in many ways.  This one has a total concept all of it's own.  The stage set up and all the quirky equipment for the Time Machine.  Also, I remember reading an interview with Alex some time ago and he said it was their goal now to film and record as much of their catalog as possible for posterity.

I doubt if they would consider recording their South American leg (not officially announced yet) So I would agree that Red Rocks makes the most sense to record.  Two Shows with a day off in the middle.  That would allow them time to ensure the second day goes off without any technical problems.

Matt

The Time Machine stage set up will be used in 2011 as well. They are not going to invest that kind of money and then use it just once when they are touring again less than a year later.

Just like the 2008 tour was going to be different and it really wasn't, neither will 2011 in many ways. They'll wind up just taking everything out of the crates from this tour, rehearse for only a couple of weeks, switch out about five songs and replace them with new one's and that will be it.

QUOTE (WIDE-ANGLE WATCHER @ Jul 4 2010, 05:52 PM)
Wasn't fair when they dumped Entre Nous and Circumstances in favor of The Trees and Red Barchetta or Ghost of a Chance if you ask me.

If you were lucky enough to see both legs, as was I, than the A/B alternates were an awesome bonus.

Next year for the Clockwork tour I hope they have 2 or 3 A/B switches, it inspires me and probably many thousands to go to more than one show/leg per tour.

yes.gif

Seeing both legs was very sexy. I like them longer too. wink.gif

QUOTE (RUSHHEAD666 @ Jul 5 2010, 08:24 PM)
QUOTE (WIDE-ANGLE WATCHER @ Jul 4 2010, 05:52 PM)

yes.gif

Seeing both legs was very sexy. I like them longer too. wink.gif

You're a lucky man Earl to be seeing BOTH RR shows this time around. tongue.gif

Red Rocks no way! They will be filming at the Minnesota State Fair. Geddy will be eating chocolate covered bacon on a stick, Alex will be eating crocodile on a stick, and Neil will be eating spegetti on a stick while they are playing the camare eye to 17,000 fans. Edited by limbo