Premium Ticket Package Merchandise

I was wondering the same thing. I kind of feel conned in a way....the 'glittering prizes' are turning into endless compromises. I almost bought the doc at best buy last night even though I have 2 supposedly coming in the mail wacko.gif Also, when I saw that the two new songs would be included as a promo CD in the package, I felt like I was going to be in an exclusive club by having the songs.....but I don't have them yet, and bought them online anyway. Sooooo, yeah, the e-mail asking what size I wanted my shirt was a ruse I tell ya...... I told them what size I wanted. Still waiting...... I'm coming to the point that I will never participate in a VIP package again. Too much waiting and hassle. Thanks anyways rofl3.gif

I'm mildly disappointed as well. Then again, I purchased the VIP package primarily for the seat I got on my first try at that price level, after an hour of throwing back sucky seats at the $100 price point. It was way too good to pass up.

Yeah, at this point I'm feeling as if I'll be the last person on this board to finally see the documentary. Having to download the songs didn't bother me - I mean, $1.98 is negligible.

It'd be nice to at least get some kind of an e-mail confirming ship dates.

Still haven't gotten a thing, and I emailed them the other day, asking when I will get the documentary and have gotten zero response back. To say I am disappointed would be an understatement. Those of us who pay that much money should not be sitting on our hands waiting for the documentary, while anyone and their brother can stroll over to Best Buy or amazon.com and buy it just like that. We were done wrong.

QUOTE (yyz98 @ Jul 1 2010, 10:32 PM)
I was wondering the same thing. I kind of feel conned in a way....the 'glittering prizes' are turning into endless compromises. I almost bought the doc at best buy last night even though I have 2 supposedly coming in the mail wacko.gif Also, when I saw that the two new songs would be included as a promo CD in the package, I felt like I was going to be in an exclusive club by having the songs.....but I don't have them yet, and bought them online anyway. Sooooo, yeah, the e-mail asking what size I wanted my shirt was a ruse I tell ya...... I told them what size I wanted. Still waiting...... I'm coming to the point that I will never participate in a VIP package again. Too much waiting and hassle. Thanks anyways rofl3.gif

Same here...nothing yet! I actually bought the DVD at my local Best Buy, just so I could see the bonus features!

Also, I noticed that you are gonna be at the Vegas show! So am I!! I am really stoked! I will see them in SLC about a week before, but something about seeing them in Vegas! Totally excited for that! 1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif

QUOTE (The K Man @ Jul 1 2010, 11:05 PM)
Still haven't gotten a thing, and I emailed them the other day, asking when I will get the documentary and have gotten zero response back. To say I am disappointed would be an understatement. Those of us who pay that much money should not be sitting on our hands waiting for the documentary, while anyone and their brother can stroll over to Best Buy or amazon.com and buy it just like that. We were done wrong.

I have a friend who would like the doc, but wouldn't buy it themselves. Since I got a copy already, I will take the one I get from the "Music Today" shipment (or tomorrow...or maybe next week...or next year...) and give it to them. So, I guess it's not a total lost! Just think of it as "re-gifting," I guess! cool.gif cool.gif

QUOTE (Rushchick10 @ Jul 1 2010, 11:09 PM)
QUOTE (yyz98 @ Jul 1 2010, 10:32 PM)
I was wondering the same thing. I kind of feel conned in a way....the 'glittering prizes' are turning into endless compromises. I almost bought the doc at best buy last night even though I have 2 supposedly coming in the mail wacko.gif  Also, when I saw that the two new songs would be included as a promo CD in the package, I felt like I was going to be in an exclusive club by having the songs.....but I don't have them yet, and bought them online anyway. Sooooo, yeah, the e-mail asking what size I wanted my shirt was a ruse I tell ya...... I told them what size I wanted. Still waiting...... I'm coming to the point that I will never participate in a VIP package again. Too much waiting and hassle. Thanks anyways rofl3.gif

Same here...nothing yet! I actually bought the DVD at my local Best Buy, just so I could see the bonus features!

Also, I noticed that you are gonna be at the Vegas show! So am I!! I am really stoked! I will see them in SLC about a week before, but something about seeing them in Vegas! Totally excited for that! 1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif

Yes, I FAR prefer to see them indoors, the Vegas dealio was on purpose for that reason. (the acoustics indoors are amazing) Where I am located, I am not far from Phoenix or San Diego but the extra 2 hours to vegas will be well worth the drive!!! When it gets closer, I will check in on the meet-ups....will definately like to meet others sickened with the wink.gif Rush fever

I bought the Premium package through Ticketmaster. It doesn't use Music Today it uses Live Nation/Fanfire for the Merch. I emailed them the other day asking where the stuff was and got a response telling me that the merch would ship as soon as the DVD was released. I just checked right now and the order still has not shipped. LAME.

From the confirmation email:

"Please note:

VIP merchandise items will be shipped shortly after the DVD release in June.

Once the above instructions are completed and processed, you will receive an order confirmation email."

So... the DVD was just released three days ago, and it stands to reason that the VIP packs should be shipped any day now - perhaps by next week. That would qualify as "shortly after" to my mind. On the other hand... "after the DVD release in June" is problematic because, well, June's over. Grammatically, they could either mean "shortly after June's release of the DVD" or "[shipped] in June, after the DVD release" (which would only give them 1 day).

Logically, the former explanation is the more likely, and they should be shipping the VIP packs very soon.

Gotta feel bad for people who won't get it before their city's show, though. ABQ, KC - maybe fans would have liked to wear their new shirts to the gigs.

Correct me if I'm wrong but the Premium Package includes the Tour Book too. Is this supposed to be shipped with the DVD, CD, Shirt, etc. or I am supposed to receive this at the night of the show when I go to get my ticket at will call.

I have an earie feeling that the box office will tell me the tour book is supposed to be shipped to me and Live Nation/Fanfire will tell me the box office was supposed to give it to me.

If anyone who has ordered the Premium Package and has been to a show yet where they picked up their tickets at the box office, did you get your tour book at the box office as well?

They are absolutely not being sent to the box office. Many buyers had the tickets shipped to their homes and will not be going to the will call window (myself included). The tickets have already arrived. Just waiting on the VIP packages now.

QUOTE (danielmclark @ Jul 3 2010, 05:56 PM)
They are absolutely not being sent to the box office. Many buyers had the tickets shipped to their homes and will not be going to the will call window (myself included). The tickets have already arrived. Just waiting on the VIP packages now.

So confused. Are you saying that my ticket will not be at will call or the tour book will not be at will call.

I ordered the VIP package via Ticketmaster and will call was the only option they gave me to pick up my tickets.

Please clarify.

Your ticket will be at will call because it's handled by Ticketmaster. Your VIP package, like ours, will be shipped to whatever address you gave when you redeemed your code(s) - because they're handled by a separate company, Fanfire.com.

That's my understanding of the situation.

10 days left 'til the show . . . We still don't have our stuff either. angry.gif

I just sent FanFire a "WTF" e-mail.

Hopefully they will shed some light on the subject.

Tortoise 1287.gif

Just received an email regarding the VIP package (tix and merch). Pittsburgh tickets were already received, but DC tix are a will call dealio. The email went on to add that the other stuff is currently being shipped. Hope this helps!

2.gif

AWESOME!!!!!!!

I found it strange that the DC show was will call only and the Pitt show you could get them by mail. Iron Maiden did paperless tix this time around and I am noot overly joyed with that prospect.

2.gif

I got the same e-mail, complete with explicit instructions regarding ticket pickup at will-call.

Still am not happy with Ticketmaster/Fanfire over this one. I'd have liked some kind of indication regarding when I might expect the package in the mail.

I am not at all happy with the way this has been handled. I dont feel like a VIP at all. It's such a big hassle. And for that much money, it shouldn't be. But of course, like Mara said, the main factor in me getting the package was the actual seat. So, I'm still playing the waiting game....

For me it was about the seat and getting all the merch up front, so I wouldn't be lugging it around the venue and worrying about it getting ripped off. Get it before the show starts and you worry about it all being under your seat, get it after the show, and you have to wait in line while 10,000 people are trying to shove past you to get out (plus they run out of certain items). The prospect of getting a shirt, tour book and other goodies make it worthwhile.

But I sure as **** don't feel like a V.I.P. that's for damn sure.

I just received the merch email that's been mentioned. Weird thing is, it had ALLENTOWN in the subject. I'm not attending that show. I'm going to Camden. unsure.gif

Meaningless mistake or tragic f**k up? wink.gif