Opening Video Productions

PennSt8r

Maybe this has been talked about already, If so then I apologize, but is it just me or are these video's opening each set getting to be too much? Do they really need a 6 minute video to open the show? That is another song right there that could be in the set list. I know it is just another form of entertainment and they obviously enjoy hamming it up in these videos, but I would rather they cut these to maybe 1 minute tops and add a few songs to the set list. I don't care about Alex in a fat suit and Neil as a cop. Let's hear some more music!

I am still wondering if anyone noticed the girl playing Geddy the bartender's daughter...she looks like Geddy's real daughter...and it would not surprise me if she made a cameo appearance.

QUOTE (druid13 @ Jul 1 2010, 08:47 AM)
I am still wondering if anyone noticed the girl playing Geddy the bartender's daughter...she looks like Geddy's real daughter...and it would not surprise me if she made a cameo appearance.

Yes, I do believe that was Kyla.

I agree, even though they were funny, I think they have gone over the edge with the idea! A Little too much! Keep it short! It's about the music not your acting abilities!

Loose the comedic movies and bring back the lasers~ LOL!

wacko.gif

Anyone know who the three guys in the band were? Sometimes I think the guy on the right with the tuba is Geddy, but it's hard to tell from that YouTube vid. The other two guys are definitely not Neil and Alex. It wouldn't surprise me if they were notable people. I could see someone like Les Claypool sitting in on that, and I think he can play the accordion.

QUOTE (PennSt8r @ Jul 1 2010, 06:15 AM)
Maybe this has been talked about already, If so then I apologize, but is it just me or are these video's opening each set getting to be too much? Do they really need a 6 minute video to open the show? That is another song right there that could be in the set list. I know it is just another form of entertainment and they obviously enjoy hamming it up in these videos, but I would rather they cut these to maybe 1 minute tops and add a few songs to the set list. I don't care about Alex in a fat suit and Neil as a cop. Let's hear some more music!

No, the video's are not necessary. Bring back the Three Stooges intro. Go Nittany Lions!!

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Jul 1 2010, 02:03 PM)
Anyone know who the three guys in the band were? Sometimes I think the guy on the right with the tuba is Geddy, but it's hard to tell from that YouTube vid. The other two guys are definitely not Neil and Alex. It wouldn't surprise me if they were notable people. I could see someone like Les Claypool sitting in on that, and I think he can play the accordion.

those are the 3 teenagers who got chosen from the auditions rush held to find 3 younger versions of themselves to play the roles of them in the 70's for the time machine tour stage videos.

QUOTE (shaun3701 @ Jul 1 2010, 12:34 PM)
QUOTE (Funky Chicken @ Jul 1 2010, 12:33 PM)
Kyla was born in 1994.
As they say on Match Game-
"BLANK-bait".

hmm only a couple more years to go

I can just picture Geddy perusing this forum and then getting to this post:

O_O

QUOTE (Del_Duio @ Jul 1 2010, 04:44 PM)
QUOTE (shaun3701 @ Jul 1 2010, 12:34 PM)
Kyla was born in 1994.
"BLANK-bait".

I can just picture Geddy perusing this forum and then getting to this post:

O_O

Nah - her parents have brought her up better than to fall for one of you lot. laugh.gif

She's far more modestly dressed than the girls who are part of the "terrible pun" video. wink.gif

There's no law dictating how long a show can be. It doesn't start until they hit the stage. The fact that they spend the time and money on these videos to help set the mood for the show is pretty fan friendly I think. U2 spent $100 million on the 360 stage setup and opened the shows by playing Space Oddity over the p.a. House music or a cool video featuring the band? I'll take the video please.

I love the opening videos, to me, it really shows off their sense of humor. I like when there are scenes or lines that only newer Rush fans would get from more recent albums and other scenes that only us old timers catch. They've billed themselves as "An Evening With Rush" for a long time without an opening act and the opening videos to me build up that anticipation factor.

Keep the opening video productions... old.gif

"Last time someone touched my sausage I had to get married again!"

rofl3.gif

trink38.gif

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Jul 1 2010, 02:19 PM)
QUOTE (shaun3701 @ Jul 1 2010, 01:34 PM)
Kyla was born in 1994.
"BLANK-bait".

facepalm.gif

double facepalm.gif

Personally, I'm tired of all the bitching about set lists, Videos, venues played, etc, etc.

They could play every song from every album and there would be people complaining.....enough already. They are who they are, they play what they want to play where they want to play. If you don't like it, don't friggin go.

Peace....

QUOTE (Tarkus407 @ Jul 3 2010, 10:58 PM)
QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Jul 1 2010, 02:19 PM)
QUOTE (shaun3701 @ Jul 1 2010, 01:34 PM)
Kyla was born in 1994.
"BLANK-bait".

facepalm.gif

double facepalm.gif

As an underage girl, I would just like to say...

bolt.gif