Time Machine Appreciation Thread

Echoes

Here we can discuss how much we like the setlist and how much we're looking forward to seeing Rush. This is for appreciation only please. If you're dissatisfied with the tour, kindly take your negativity to one of the other thousand threads.

kthanxbai

Anywhoozle.....when I first saw the setlist, I thought it was pretty odd. But after listening to the songs and seeing some videos from the first show, I'm actually very pleased with what they're playing and am pretty excited to see the show

1022.gif

I will admit that it has potential to be better live. I think most of the knocks have been more about what's not on it as opposed to what is, so it's not like people are going to go to the show and have big chucks of time where they aren't interested. I think most people just wanted another couple of songs, or at least one good one they can check off of their "wish list". If we knew nothing about the set going in (not even MP), we'd have been shocked and amazed to see that they were doing MP in its entirety. I think part of it, too, is that so much of the setlist was known going in. I think the band may have felt like Vital Signs and The Camera Eye were a couple of those checklist songs, but we already knew they were playing those. While I could easily complain about this set (and have), there is also a lot to like. I'll still be psyched when August 22nd rolls around.

I've only had the opportunity to see Rush twice in 30 years of being a fan. Granted I was born in 1980 and by the time I was old enough to actually see them, they weren't touring and were in an indefinite hiatus. I saw the Vapor Trails tour and the S&A tour; unfortunately I missed out on R30. I am thrilled almost to tears to see them play whatever they choose. My father has been a die hard Rush fan since the day they came out and it's what I was raised on. I pretty much love everything they've done, with albums like Signals and HYF and GUP and S&A being some of my favs. I'm speechless with joy that I actually get to see them again! From what I've seen from the videos on YouTube it sounds like they are tighter than ever and the stage set and light show look outstanding.

I really like the set list:

I get to hear new songs.

I get to hear one of my favorites never performed before.

I get to hear MP, start to finish.

I get to hear my #1 favorite song.

I am VERY appreciative of all that is happening with my favorite band right now. They're pushing their late 50's, they're all healthy (as far as we know), they don't hate each other, they've still got the creative juices flowing, and another album is in the works (and then another tour).

When I take all the above into consideration, it's VERY difficult for me to be 'disappointed' with the setlist, or the band, in any way.

But that's just me.

Edited by DetachedandSubdivided

QUOTE (TullSkull @ Jul 1 2010, 09:49 PM)
I was at open and want to go again... The show ripped right down to Stick it Out!!! 2.gif trink39.gif 1287.gif

Love Stick it Out, love the setlist. No complaints, except mild dissapointment due to JL being a rumored song.

But this setlist rocks, I like every song theyre playing a lot.

I. Cant. Wait.

This is my first show and I am so pumped! I really can't understand the backlash against this tour. I dont think people realize that as a touring band you want to appeal to as many people as you can, and this set list has the perfect balance of the rarities as well as the classics. People are getting mad this isn't a "B-Sides" tour but how could they expect that knowing that they are playing MP in its entirety? Its such a beautiful balance of both the rare and the amazingly popular. They have to appeal to us hardcore fans just as much as people who have only seen Rush from "I Love You Man" its just how it works and I think the boys are doing a fine job!

QUOTE (By-Thor @ Jul 2 2010, 12:54 AM)
I really can't understand the backlash against this tour. I dont think people realize that as a touring band you want to appeal to as many people as you can, and this set list has the perfect balance of the rarities as well as the classics. People are getting mad this isn't a "B-Sides" tour but how could they expect that knowing that they are playing MP in its entirety? Its such a beautiful balance of both the rare and the amazingly popular. They have to appeal to us hardcore fans just as much as people who have only seen Rush from "I Love You Man" its just how it works and I think the boys are doing a fine job!

this

2.gif ROCKS!

Edited by EveryNerveAware

QUOTE (By-Thor @ Jul 1 2010, 11:54 PM)
This is my first show and I am so pumped! I really can't understand the backlash against this tour. I dont think people realize that as a touring band you want to appeal to as many people as you can, and this set list has the perfect balance of the rarities as well as the classics. People are getting mad this isn't a "B-Sides" tour but how could they expect that knowing that they are playing MP in its entirety? Its such a beautiful balance of both the rare and the amazingly popular. They have to appeal to us hardcore fans just as much as people who have only seen Rush from "I Love You Man" its just how it works and I think the boys are doing a fine job!

pretty much exactly what we were talking about in your garage today haha. LttA and La Villa are my 2 favorite rush instrumentals, and SnA was my first tour so I haven't seen either of them, pretty stoked on that. plus TSS and Marathon? Hell yea!