**SPOILER** ABQ Review

Ears are still ringing from the sausage fest last night! Beyond the lighted stage went into how most Rush fans seem to be male and I can say that it was a sausage fest. The opening video sequence was full of sausages, it was hilarious and if that was not enought Geddy's "Bass Amp" was actually a sausage maker with links coming out one side during the whole show.

There were some complaints about the set list and it was as stated except that Far Cry was actually in the 2nd set and not the encore. First off I should start by saying that I don't miss a tour. I make at least one show every time they hit the road and this was easily the best sound quality for any Rush show I have seen. I was very loud and still very clear. Geddy's voice was great on most songs, closer to the heart being the one moment it didn't sound quite right.

With five songs never heard live before and several songs greatly rearranged it they kept the crowd on their toes. The biggest rearrangments were in la villa, working man and closer to the heart all being played much different than they had ever played them. I thought the set list was great after hearing it. Presto and Marathon were incredible. Neil's solo was a drastic change and he dropped a drum stick and it took him a few seconds to pull a new one, he didn't look to happy about it. Alex's new acoustic part that lead into closer to the heart was really nice.

The lights were also really nice set up in a spider like array and with legs bending over head. The crowd was really good and moving pictures really got it going a lot more. The Camera Eye was great and didn't even seem that terrible long. I have to say that I'm glad they finally played it but I think I would rather hear Natural Science. Overall though I would have to say that from start to finish they kicked ass as usual. The set list was a pretty damn good ride. The best thing is knowing that they will be finishing the album over the winter and be back on the road next year. They looked great as if they could do this for another 20 year and I hope that they do!!!!

Spoiler**** on arrangments below. I was glad to not know this was coming so don't scroll down and read unless you really want to know!

The beginning to la villa was strange and funny hard explain but enjoyable. I was done in synths in a very good way. Closer to the heart broke into a whole new little interlude before going into the normal live ending and the whole beginning of working man was a funky raggae jam. Pretty cool stuff.

QUOTE (mountaineeroflamneth @ Jun 30 2010, 10:40 AM)
Spoiler**** on arrangments below. I was glad to not know this was coming so don't scroll down and read unless you really want to know!

The beginning to la villa was strange and funny hard explain but enjoyable. I was done in synths in a very good way. Closer to the heart broke into a whole new little interlude before going into the normal live ending and the whole beginning of working man was a funky raggae jam. Pretty cool stuff.

More SPOILERS:

The beginning of La Villa was done in a polka band style to mimic/mock the opening video. Then it dropped into the main theme... Hard!

Nice review, mountaineer!

QUOTE (bhuie @ Jun 30 2010, 10:23 AM)
Thanks for the comments. I see them tomorrow night in KC, and I'm really looking forward to it!

trink39.gif I'll be there with ya!! common001.gif common001.gif

QUOTE (mountaineeroflamneth @ Jul 1 2010, 09:39 AM)
5 never played live before:
Camera Eye
BU2B
Caravan
Presto
Faithless

I'm afraid, contrary to what Neil wrote in the tour book, TCE has been done live before. On two tours, in fact. But Alex's solo was brand spanking new.