A Question For Those "IN THE KNOW"

worthog

I am in the group of people who are fine and excited about the setlist, but I am curious if any of you "in the know people" have info or have heard why Jacob's Ladder was removed from the setlist, or whether it's just being held for the 2011 tour. I am curious to know if they rehearsed it and it didn't work out, if they didn't have enough time to get it ready, or really the reason because I truly believe half the people complaining about the setlist would shut up if after the last song of the first set they played JL. I am just curious so if you have a clue and don't mind sharing just post it here please. biggrin.gif

I'm very curious about this as well.

I do hope we get some kind of closure as we were all (mostly) looking forward to this song more than any other.

I hope FOH or Score Out, or The Sphere can shed a little light on this.

QUOTE (worthog @ Jun 30 2010, 07:29 AM)
I am in the group of people who are fine and excited about the setlist, but I am curious if any of you "in the know people" have info or have heard why Jacob's Ladder was removed from the setlist, or whether it's just being held for the 2011 tour. I am curious to know if they rehearsed it and it didn't work out, if they didn't have enough time to get it ready, or really the reason because I truly believe half the people complaining about the setlist would shut up if after the last song of the first set they played JL. I am just curious so if you have a clue and don't mind sharing just post it here please. biggrin.gif

You certainly hit the nail on the head. This setlist is 1-2 songs away from everyone shutting up. Jacob's Ladder alone would ease about 95% of the bitching, and another song from pre-PW (any song, I think) would ease the other 5%. People are wanting the old stuff, but even a song like The Analog Kid or Kid Gloves would suffice for most of them. (Or at least it would for me.)

QUOTE (Merely Space @ Jun 30 2010, 08:58 AM)
I wouldn't be suprised if Alex simply slipped up, meant to say Camera Eye, and accidentally said Jacob's Ladder instead. Just a guess, though.

^^^This. ^^^

You might be onto something here. They are similar in some ways.

You certainly hit the nail on the head. This setlist is 1-2 songs away from everyone shutting up. Jacob's Ladder alone would ease about 95% of the bitching, and another song from pre-PW (any song, I think) would ease the other 5%. People are wanting the old stuff, but even a song like The Analog Kid or Kid Gloves would suffice for most of them. (Or at least it would for me.)

I Agree, Jacobs Ladder and any other song would probably suffice!

yes.gif

Amazing how the absence of one song can conjure up such childish belly-aching. The entitlement complex some around here have is just staggering.

Reminds me of my own children...

"We'll stop and get ice cream on our way home."

"Yay! Ice Cream! Ice Cream!"

"Sorry. Change of plans. No ice cream this time."

fists crying.gif rage.gif fists crying.gif rage.gif fists crying.gif

I wouldn't be suprised if Alex simply slipped up, meant to say Camera Eye, and accidentally said Jacob's Ladder instead. Just a guess, though.

I don't think that is the reason because Alex specifically mentioned both The Camera Eye and Jacob's Ladder in the same interview

QUOTE (bscsmkr @ Jun 30 2010, 09:22 AM)
I wouldn't be suprised if Alex simply slipped up, meant to say Camera Eye, and accidentally said Jacob's Ladder instead.  Just a guess, though.

I don't think that is the reason because Alex specifically mentioned both The Camera Eye and Jacob's Ladder in the same interview

Ah, you could be right, then.

Maybe he just likes to f*ck with us.

I have a feeling it's being held back for next years tour which is likely to be a drastically different set list to this tour. Remember, they will have a new album to promote so they won't be playing all of Moving Pictures.. so, that being said, I would doubt if they will be playing The Camera Eye again next year.

Matt

QUOTE (irish_matt @ Jun 30 2010, 09:38 AM)
I have a feeling it's being held back for next years tour which is likely to be a drastically different set list to this tour. Remember, they will have a new album to promote so they won't be playing all of Moving Pictures.. so, that being said, I would doubt if they will be playing The Camera Eye again next year.

Matt

Yeah, I agree. The Ladder next year makes sense and is probable.