**SPOILER** OFFICIAL SETLIST

dilbertyard

I think 99% of us love the set list. And I think 99% of us will always have a tune we wanted to hear but did not. Happens every tour.

You know let's think back to the Power Windows - Roll the Bones tours. The older fans were not getting nearly what they have been getting since the CP tour. Go look back at the setlists. I loved them all because I love new music and they focused on their albums they toured for and the recent material of the time. They really supressed older signature songs for a long time. But since the CP tour we really have been treated to the best parts of their catalog big time.

This setlist is really strong. I don't think some fans who are being really negative about this setlist realize how insane the run of

Faithless

BU2B

Freewill

Marathon

Subdivisions

Tom Sawyer

Red Barchetta

YYZ

Limelight

The Camera Eye

Witch Hunt

Vital Signs

Caravan

Is going to be. Seriously I have a huge woody thinking about this run of songs (be it separated by an intermission)and how amazing it is going to be.

The show will be fantastic.

I can't judge a show till I see it and experience it for myself. So far in 27 years of seeing Rush live the 2007 Snakes and Arrows tour has been my favorite setlist. VT is second and T4E third. Signals 4th and R-30 5th.

"The evening with" format has been a huge gift for us.

And it keeps on giving!!!!

Peace.

Edited by Todem

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Someone said that this setlist is one or two songs from being really good, and I totally agree. If they had dropped "Stick It Out" or "Workin`Them Angels" and put "Jacob`s Ladder" (or another obscure older one) towards the end of the first set, I think this setlist would be so much better right away. I`m still gonna enjoy my trip to Toronto and the two shows there! 1022.gif Edited by Freeze

QUOTE (Jaminbenb @ Jun 30 2010, 09:54 AM)
Wow....whiners! it's 2.gif it's LIVE fing.gif

Ok...would it kill them to play Lakeside Park? rofl3.gif

For real!

I don't understand the complaining and whining. You're getting old songs that have never been played live, new songs, and new arrangements of some staples.

I for one am damn glad they still want to tour. They could have easily hung it up years ago.

Jeez, be thankful that you're getting anything at all.

QUOTE (Tigershark2112 @ Jun 30 2010, 04:04 PM)
I have a new found love for T4E, so I think Time and Motion would have been a perfect choice for this tour.

Actually, I have too. I always liked T4E, Driven, and Time & Motion but Color of Right and even Totem are growing on me.

And dare I say it: The lyrics for Virtuality are getting less stupid-sounding over time. I guess it helps that the music is so great. 1022.gif

The Second set and the encore kicks ass!!! it makes me wish I would of bought tickets. The first set is hit and miss for me. WTF is with Time Stand Still as the second song? Does that seem out of place to anyone else? I never liked that song anyway but it seems odd to have a slow song as the second song.

I think it's strange that they chose Stick it Out over a same-era song like Time & Motion, which I think would fit very nicely in this setlist.

Don't understand the lack of love for Marathon, that's a tune I'd love to hear them crank.

If this is the set list, I'm cool with that. But, I really was hoping for Jacob's Ladder being in there. meh. I don't bitch when I'm there watching them deliver every single time. They are the best live band I've ever seen in my life. Period.

Not complaining. I am going to love this show.

But I must say I'm a little surprised with no Main Monkey Business and no MalNar. And a little disappointed with no Jacob's Ladder. I suspect all 3 of these will be in next Summer.

Vegas, here I come! common001.gif

QUOTE (ReflectedLight @ Jul 1 2010, 12:59 AM)
i can't wait for them to use "revamped setlist" for the next tour.

They'll be touring behind a new album on the next tour. I'm sure a lot of us will be complaining about them playing too many songs from Clockwork Angels!

QUOTE (ReRushed @ Jul 1 2010, 12:00 AM)

They'll be touring behind a new album on the next tour. I'm sure a lot of us will be complaining about them playing too many songs from Clockwork Angels!

Best word to describe Rush: Integrity

Best word to describe Rush Fans: Complaints

My Dad has never been a major fan of Rush but grew up with a diehards. I was telling him about all the complaints on the internet about the new tour. He told me not to worry because when he was growing up people were even complaining about some things on the Hemispheres tour.

This will be my first show. I love "leave that thing alone." Great song to listen to when driving around on a sunday.

Love Marathon, thats the song that got me into these guys.

Cant go wrong with anything from Moving Pictures. Love Camera eye.

I like it

Sept 26 in Dallas. LONg time to wait fists crying.gif

Edited by tkdryan

QUOTE (Alex @ Jul 1 2010, 12:03 AM)
QUOTE (ReRushed @ Jul 1 2010, 12:00 AM)

Best word to describe Rush: Integrity

Best word to describe Rush Fans: Complaints

My Dad has never been a major fan of Rush but grew up with a diehards. I was telling him about all the complaints on the internet about the new tour. He told me not to worry because when he was growing up people were even complaining about some things on the Hemispheres tour.

when you've heard many of their different setlists, you want it to be fresh without the fight to stop yourself from yawning. i guess i just don't like to hear the same things over and over and over again because for me it's boring. they needed to add more punch and retire a few more on this setlist but it didn't happen. i decided to wait and see the setlist before deciding if i wanted to go because i got tired of the hype and talk. i won't be attending this tour but hopefully they will really put something different, more ballsy, and push it a little more for the next one.

Edited by ReflectedLight

QUOTE (tkdryan @ Jul 1 2010, 01:13 AM)
This will be my first show.  I love "leave that thing alone."  Great song  to listen to when driving around on a sunday.

Love Marathon,  thats the song that got me into these guys.

Cant go wrong with anything from Moving Pictures.  Love Camera eye.

I like it

Sept 26 in Dallas.  LONg time to wait fists crying.gif

goodpost.gif

Leave That Thing Alone is my 3rd favorite instrumental behind YYZ and La Villa. The bass alone in that song makes it a masterpiece.

Love hitting the back roads in my Charger, cranking that song up and feeling the 10" Kicker sub pounding away to Ged's amazing bass playing.

You think you have it bad, I have to wait until Oct 1st to see them. I hope these old geezers don't keel over before they make it to Oct!

old.gif

QUOTE (ReflectedLight @ Jul 1 2010, 01:17 AM)
i decided to wait and see the setlist before deciding if i wanted to go because i got tired of the hype and talk.  i won't be attending this tour but hopefully they will really put something different, more ballsy, and push it a little more for the next one.

That's probably a good decision.

That way a fan who appreciates anything they decide to play will have a chance to see them perform. At their ages, you never know when a tour will be their last.

Thats why im going. I became a fan in 2008. I always knew that "Tom Sawyer" song but never gave them a chance till i heard them on Pandora. I wished I would have discovered them alot earlier

QUOTE (ReRushed @ Jul 1 2010, 01:00 AM)

Exactly. I remember the times when I would go to a Rush show not having any idea what they would be playing. I don't EVER remember bitching about the setlist or saying they should have played this instead of that. It was always a great experience.

If I ever did find something to piss and moan about, it was totally forgotten when the next song started.

I never even looked at the setlists prior to S&A. I should have never started. I totally understand why people get upset if they're revealed a SPOILER. It robs you of something.

I'll never stop going to see Rush. Regardless of what they play. I have noticed though that the shows aren't like they used to be if I know what they're playing beforehand. I'm going to see a counselor. I need to develop some self-control.