SPOILERS- New Setlist - Updated Live

Xanadu93

QUOTE (ReflectedLight @ Jun 29 2010, 09:43 PM)
QUOTE (trenken @ Jun 29 2010, 09:39 PM)
QUOTE (duntov1966 @ Jun 29 2010, 09:36 PM)
QUOTE (shaun3701 @ Jun 29 2010, 09:32 PM)
well sorry to say, but this is bullsh-t. About the only songs I want to hear are Marathon and Camera Eye.

That's a bummer for you, that you only like two songs on the entire list, well you can get there late and leave early to beat the RUSH in to and out of the show.

Its not about not liking any of the songs. I like many of them, but problem is ive seen them do 95% of these songs many times, and they are charging more for tickets this time around on top of it.

I can just go watch my last 3 Rush DVDs and basically see this setlist aside from a few changes. Money saved, ill wait for the clockwork tour. Im not wasting my money on this. Love Rush, dont need to spend $150 to watch them play the same freaking songs again.

as of now it looks like i'll be passing this one up also. i'm saving for the next one, and can now buy myself a few pairs of desperately needed jeans. laugh.gif

"a few pairs"? dude, you need to drop at least $150 to get a decent pair...

• Replies 643
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Show Don't Tell @ Jun 29 2010, 09:34 PM)
Pic from Time Stand Still:

http://i50.tinypic.com/sou6vp.jpg

Since it got ignored the first time, I'll say it again:

Too bad they have to play when it's still daylight, preventing the audience from seeing the full light show.

QUOTE (Show Don't Tell @ Jun 29 2010, 09:44 PM)
QUOTE (hughes&kettner @ Jun 29 2010, 10:43 PM)
QUOTE (Show Don't Tell @ Jun 29 2010, 09:41 PM)
http://i49.tinypic.com/167v3bb.jpg

yuk- that red hat...tell that MF to take it off!!

Haha, I know, he's got dried bird shit or something on it, and it's blockin' our view!

you are killing me (all of us) with those seats though!!!

jealous! have to wait over a week to see htem in sarnia!

QUOTE (hughes&kettner @ Jun 29 2010, 09:45 PM)
well sorry to say, but this is bullsh-t. About the only songs I want to hear are Marathon and Camera Eye.

That's a bummer for you, that you only like two songs on the entire list, well you can get there late and leave early to beat the RUSH in to and out of the show.

Its not about not liking any of the songs. I like many of them, but problem is ive seen them do 95% of these songs many times, and they are charging more for tickets this time around on top of it.

I can just go watch my last 3 Rush DVDs and basically see this setlist aside from a few changes. Money saved, ill wait for the clockwork tour. Im not wasting my money on this. Love Rush, dont need to spend $150 to watch them play the same freaking songs again.

as of now it looks like i'll be passing this one up also. i'm saving for the next one, and can now buy myself a few pairs of desperately needed jeans. laugh.gif

i'm a levi's guy 559. they are no more than $50 or 60.

How many times are you going to tell us about your need for jeans... wink.gif

True. If you add up Rush In Rio, R30, and Snakes and Arrows Live together you have about 5 different songs. Yay for $300.00 a ticket.

QUOTE (hughes&kettner @ Jun 29 2010, 09:46 PM)
QUOTE (Show Don't Tell @ Jun 29 2010, 09:44 PM)
QUOTE (hughes&kettner @ Jun 29 2010, 10:43 PM)
QUOTE (Show Don't Tell @ Jun 29 2010, 09:41 PM)
http://i49.tinypic.com/167v3bb.jpg

yuk- that red hat...tell that MF to take it off!!

Haha, I know, he's got dried bird shit or something on it, and it's blockin' our view!

you are killing me (all of us) with those seats though!!!

jealous! have to wait over a week to see htem in sarnia!

I'll be front row in Sarnia. Cannot wait.

QUOTE (farcryoverspilledmilk @ Jun 29 2010, 09:17 PM)
Sorry everyone this set list is weak sauce. Very weak. Working Them Angels? Leave That Thing Alone in the first set on its own? ZZZZZZ...Faithless? ZZZZZZ. Stick It Out the worst CP song next to Speed of Love? Seriously, once word spreads that this is the set list you are going to see the fence sitters stay home. I met one in Best Buy today when buying the movie and he hadn't gotten his tickets yet to the NJ show he was planning on going to with his friends and I told him the rumored set list.

He was pissed. Fan since 76 and was not happy at all. I have been a fan since 79 and I like all era's of Rush but I am being a realist here...this set blows.

I'd agree with you about Stick It Out (my least favorite song in the set by far) but I'll deal with it if it means I get to hear Presto, Faithless and Leave That Thing Alone (again) and the rest of the stuff in the set.

I've been a fan since 1984 and I decided that I was only going limit myself to two shows until I knew more about the set.

If things continue the way they are I'm definately going to add the NJ show too and maybe one more depending on what The Camera Eye sounds like live.

I would have loved to hear Jacob's Ladder myself, but there are enough surprises to make it worth it for me to see more.

QUOTE (shaun3701 @ Jun 29 2010, 10:52 PM)
QUOTE (Show Don't Tell @ Jun 29 2010, 09:49 PM)
Geddy addressing the crowd:

http://i50.tinypic.com/2uh6dy8.jpg

has Geddy said anything witty?

Dunno, I just got the pics.

QUOTE (ReflectedLight @ Jun 29 2010, 09:46 PM)
QUOTE (hughes&kettner @ Jun 29 2010, 09:45 PM)

i'm a levi's guy 559. they are no more than $50 or 60.

try deisel or 7 forallmankind...chip&pepper.

step up ya game son... common001.gif

TIME STAND STILL

PRESTO

STICK IT OUT

WORKIN' THEM ANGELS

LEAVE THAT THING ALONE

FAITHLESS

how did the crowd react to this? record amount of beer sold............

QUOTE (shaun3701 @ Jun 29 2010, 10:52 PM)
QUOTE (Show Don't Tell @ Jun 29 2010, 09:49 PM)
Geddy addressing the crowd:

http://i50.tinypic.com/2uh6dy8.jpg

has Geddy said anything witty?

Yes, he apologized for delivering a shitty setlist

you know what, i was dissapointed in this setlist at first, but i want to stay positive. im new to rush and only know about 50% of the stuff on this setlist, but im going to listen to all the stuff i don't know and force myself to like it so i can have a fun time thurshttp://www.therushforum.com/html/emoticons/biggrin.gifday night. I'm not going to be a downer.

While trying to be objective here, though I'm happy with anything RUSH plays, I can appreciate some of the gripes regarding the selection of songs for this tour. Particularly, FAITHLESS. C'mon... its a great song to listen to while driving in my car, but with 36 years of music to choose from, I don't understand how it qualifies to be played live. Just my opinion. Again, I'm gonna enjoy the show regardless.