SPOILERS- New Setlist - Updated Live

Xanadu93

• Replies 643
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Ron2112 @ Jun 29 2010, 09:29 PM)
QUOTE (traeplien @ Jun 29 2010, 09:26 PM)
QUOTE (gord0912 @ Jun 29 2010, 09:22 PM)
Well I don't know about traeplien but my first show was Hemispheres.

My first show was Permanent Waves at the Spectrum in Philly.. I recall them playing this tune called Jacobs Ladder. yes.gif

Then we're both old school. And I like this set list.

I agree, and I like the set list too. I remember them previewing JL at Hamilton's Ivor Wynne Stadium before the album was released

QUOTE (Echoes @ Jun 29 2010, 07:36 PM)
QUOTE (FootballYouBet @ Jun 29 2010, 09:35 PM)
QUOTE (trenken @ Jun 29 2010, 09:27 PM)
WTF is Love 4 Sale?

Uh oh. Love 4 Sale is a Talking Heads tune...remember how in the Doc they were interviewed and asked (in the 80's) what bands they liked? Talking Heads was one of them.

f***ing great. With the catalog Rush has I have to hear this shiite. Why play Xanadu, Cygnus, the Trees, AFTK, or any other of a dozen phenomenal Rush songs when you can here Rush cover the Talking Heads!

I lawled

Yeah, I mean, if Rush is going to do a T-heads tune, shouldn't they do something better, like "Crosseyed and Painless" or 'Born Under Punches"??

laugh.gif

QUOTE (Echoes @ Jun 29 2010, 09:36 PM)
QUOTE (FootballYouBet @ Jun 29 2010, 09:35 PM)
QUOTE (trenken @ Jun 29 2010, 09:27 PM)
WTF is Love 4 Sale?

Uh oh. Love 4 Sale is a Talking Heads tune...remember how in the Doc they were interviewed and asked (in the 80's) what bands they liked? Talking Heads was one of them.

f***ing great. With the catalog Rush has I have to hear this shiite. Why play Xanadu, Cygnus, the Trees, AFTK, or any other of a dozen phenomenal Rush songs when you can here Rush cover the Talking Heads!

I lawled

I was wrong the other poster had it right. It is Buddy Rich and it will be one of those deals where Neil solos to Jazz stuff. It will be very cool. Whewwwww!

QUOTE (duntov1966 @ Jun 29 2010, 09:36 PM)
QUOTE (shaun3701 @ Jun 29 2010, 09:32 PM)
well sorry to say, but this is bullsh-t. About the only songs I want to hear are Marathon and Camera Eye.

That's a bummer for you, that you only like two songs on the entire list, well you can get there late and leave early to beat the RUSH in to and out of the show.

Its not about not liking any of the songs. I like many of them, but problem is ive seen them do 95% of these songs many times, and they are charging more for tickets this time around on top of it.

I can just go watch my last 3 Rush DVDs and basically see this setlist aside from a few changes. Money saved, ill wait for the clockwork tour. Im not wasting my money on this. Love Rush, dont need to spend $150 to watch them play the same freaking songs again.

well sorry to say, but this is bullsh-t. About the only songs I want to hear are Marathon and Camera Eye.

then go away pansy

Honest question? Was there a lull in the crowd during Presto,SIO,WTA,Faithless...be honest.How did the crowd react?

Was BU2B badass???

Honestly the stage looks badass...will be great once evening falls.

Edited by oldphilly

QUOTE (trenken @ Jun 29 2010, 09:39 PM)

That's a bummer for you, that you only like two songs on the entire list, well you can get there late and leave early to beat the RUSH in to and out of the show.

Its not about not liking any of the songs. I like many of them, but problem is ive seen them do 95% of these songs many times, and they are charging more for tickets this time around on top of it.

I can just go watch my last 3 Rush DVDs and basically see this setlist aside from a few changes. Money saved, ill wait for the clockwork tour. Im not wasting my money on this. Love Rush, dont need to spend $150 to watch them play the same freaking songs again.

as of now it looks like i'll be passing this one up also. i'm saving for the next one, and can now buy myself a few pairs of desperately needed jeans. laugh.gif

as of now it looks like i'll be passing this one up also. i'm saving for the next one, and can now buy myself a few pairs of desperately needed jeans. laugh.gif

QUOTE (Xanadu93 @ Jun 29 2010, 09:35 PM)
Hey old guys, get over it! You're never going to hear a setlist full of pre-1982 songs. Go listen to a bunch of bootlegs from that period. Besides, even if they did do the old shit you'd still complain that they didn't play it right, downtuned it, etc.

This coming from a dipshit who names himself after a song from 1977.

My first tour was GUP in 1984 and yeah there is nothing from that record on there so does that make me some whining old bastard? I have seen the band 35 times and let me tell you...this is the worst set list they have ever done...rivals HYF tour in weakness but at the time HYF was acceptable and the stage show was phenomenal for the time.

QUOTE (hughes&kettner @ Jun 29 2010, 10:43 PM)
QUOTE (Show Don't Tell @ Jun 29 2010, 09:41 PM)
http://i49.tinypic.com/167v3bb.jpg

yuk- that red hat...tell that MF to take it off!!

Haha, I know, he's got dried bird shit or something on it, and it's blockin' our view!