Was there this much dissappointment

oldphilly

I'm tired of people saying that all the negative comments about the setlist are wearing on them.

Deal with it. The criticism is warranted. The setlist as leaked was bad and very disappointing. If this is your first or second concert then I expect you will be thrilled.

For people who have seen the last 3 or 4 tours, The Camera Eye and the two new tunes, are the only things to get excited about.

The band has a loyal following and if these are the songs they want to play then so be it but we don't all have to be jumping for joy. Many of us already have our tickets and would never willingly miss a show but throw us a bone for crying out loud. And not "Roll The Bones".

Ughh..No new tunes besides the ones that have been released, no Jacob's Ladder and no other nice surprises. Just rehashes. For all of you saying "Just sell your tickets", if the setlist stays the same without changes, I just might. No joke. I've spent plenty of money on this band and if this is what I have to look forward to, I will certainly give it some thought. We'll see soon enough.

Yeah, I'm ticked. Not spoiled. This is a two way relationship.

I LOVE THIS SETLIST!!!!!

Hare biggrin.gif

I'm pretty neutral about the setlist with the exception of the one song everyone is most disappointed about.

However, I'm really happy about there not being too many S&A songs and also really happy to NOT see a few songs in the setlist that have become utterly predictable.

As far as the pacing (specifically the first set) is concerned-go back and read set one of the VT tour setlist. It has pretty similar pacing to it IMO. Bravado and The Pass back to back isn't exactly a powerhouse combo (although I like both songs).

I'm also really excited about one song in set one that has never been played before-NEVER thought I'd see the day. I think that song could be the surprise of the night.

QUOTE (anchorman @ Jun 29 2010, 04:46 PM)
I'm tired of people saying that all the negative comments about the setlist are wearing on them.

Deal with it. The criticism is warranted.

I disagree.

You have a choice NOT to go. No one is forcing you.

So YOU deal with it. If you want to deal with it by whining on an anonymous internet forum - if that's what makes you feel better - more power to ya. But I promise you, the folks saying the whining is getting old are just as annoyed as the folks who are whining about the setlist in the first place.

It's a concert. It's entertainment. If you don't expect to be entertained, don't go. Less traffic for the rest of us to have to deal with!

*I* am going to deal with it by seeing two shows, which will hopefully hold me over until next year. smile.gif

QUOTE (oldphilly @ Jun 29 2010, 11:42 AM)
I wasn't on TRF when the S&A,R30 and VT tours were announced. It's obvious that there is a lot of dissapointment being expressed at the leaked rehearsel setlist for the Time Machine tour(assuming it's accurate).

I was wondering if there was this much of an outcry when previous setlists were announced.Just curious.I know Rush can't ever please all their fans no matter what set they put together.But there seems to be a lot of hurt asses out there.I know mine is sore

So what do you think?

Don't bother bashing me for not liking the first set it's just my opinion and it is what is? Thanks.

No exaggeration......I can remember standing in line to buy tickets in August '84 for the DC stop of the GuP tour. A couple grizzled tour veterans were bitching that the only pre-PeW material was CTTH and Temples.

This sort of setlist whining is part of the Cycle of Life. Live it, embrace it, and remember this next year, when everyone here is bitching about how much better the 2010 set list was than the rumored 2011 set list.

Peace,

Ron

Jacob's Ladder is why people are disappointed.

I am disappointed, and I actually like the set list.

Because of Alex's admission, people were expecting this, and really excited about it.

So imagine the confusion and angst when it isn't there.

That's the source of it.

QUOTE (analog guy @ Jun 29 2010, 11:58 PM)

Because of Alex's admission, people were expecting this, and really excited about it.

That's the source of it.

wink.gif

QUOTE (DetachedandSubdivided @ Jun 29 2010, 07:44 PM)

Deal with it.  The criticism is warranted.

I disagree.

So YOU deal with it. If you want to deal with it by whining on an anonymous internet forum - if that's what makes you feel better - more power to ya. But I promise you, the folks saying the whining is getting old are just as annoyed as the folks who are whining about the setlist in the first place.

It's a concert. It's entertainment. If you don't expect to be entertained, don't go. Less traffic for the rest of us to have to deal with!

*I* am going to deal with it by seeing two shows, which will hopefully hold me over until next year. smile.gif

Preach on, brother.

QUOTE (DetachedandSubdivided @ Jun 29 2010, 07:44 PM)

Deal with it.  The criticism is warranted.

I disagree.

What exactly do you disagree with ? That the criticism isn't warranted ? Absolutely it is.

Am I whining or stating the obvious ? Alex said they would play a certain song to remain nameless and they didn't include it. Ok fine. Don't play it but don't go around saying you will and ruining people's expectations. Some fans bought tickets to this show because Rush claimed they were going to go pull some old tunes from the vault. A time machine tour no less. Try again. They should call this the "We played this the last Time Machine Tour".

After paying for VIP tickets, you're damn right I'm going to bitch. And yes, it makes me feel better. Preach on that.

QUOTE (analog guy @ Jun 29 2010, 11:58 PM)

That's the source of it.

Exactly. If it weren't for Alex getting my hopes up about Jacob's Ladder (causing me to splurge on TWO extra Rush concerts), then not playing it....I would not have an ounce of disappointment about this setlist.

I totally understand some people's frustration with the setlist. It's only natural that people want to hear the songs they like. It's great if you truly love all eras of Rush, but not all of us do. A lot of people (myself included) prefer older Rush. That's what moves me and what I would much rather hear. It doesn't make me a "whiner" or a "spoiled child" if I voice my displeasure with a setlist that largely doesn't appeal to me. Especially after how expensive tickets were.

It sucks that you can't even say you're a little disappointed without the "stay home if you don't like it" Rush white knights running to the rescue.