Without giving away spoilers.....

syd11

QUOTE (presto123 @ Jun 28 2010, 05:37 PM)
Did you not see my thread in the Rush forum? Don't look at it now though........some idiot posted spoilers in there......I'd say slightly disappointed if it's true...

Didn't see it but I was worried about the same thing here. Thanks for the warning.

I'm hoping nobody spoils in here. My show is in a week and I'm avoiding the setlist. I already saw more than I needed to in presto123's thread and don't want to see ONE MORE THING.

(note, in no way is that your fault, presto123).

QUOTE (ZachenFoot @ Jun 28 2010, 05:41 PM)
I'm hoping nobody spoils in here. My show is in a week and I'm avoiding the setlist. I already saw more than I needed to in presto123's thread and don't want to see ONE MORE THING.

Stay out of these threads then:)

QUOTE (presto123 @ Jun 28 2010, 05:42 PM)
QUOTE (ZachenFoot @ Jun 28 2010, 05:41 PM)

Stay out of these threads then:)

It's...so hard...to resist...the...TEMPTATION!!!

tongue.gif

My original thoughts were..... NO WAY! (In a bad way)

I was sorely disappointed.

However, I did myself a favor and re-read the setlist over and over again, and made myself listen to some specific songs, to the point where now I'm ok with it.

There are some things I'd change, obviously, but they dropped a bombshell of a surprise on me by confirming one particular song, and that's what ultimately made me happy smile.gif

If you were to see the setlist, it wouldn't be what you'd expect. You'd mostly likely scratch your head, like 90% of us did tongue.gif

QUOTE (Hemispheres89 @ Jun 28 2010, 05:53 PM)
My original thoughts were..... NO WAY! (In a bad way)

I was sorely disappointed.
However, I did myself a favor and re-read the setlist over and over again, and made myself listen to some specific songs, to the point where now I'm ok with it.

There are some things I'd change, obviously, but they dropped a bombshell of a surprise on me by confirming one particular song, and that's what ultimately made me happy smile.gif

If you were to see the setlist, it wouldn't be what you'd expect. You'd mostly likely scratch your head, like 90% of us did tongue.gif

I'm curious to know what the surprise was. The only thing that surprised me was what wasn't there.

QUOTE (jesse2112 @ Jun 28 2010, 05:51 PM)
Amazing better easily surpasses S&A and R30

There are a couple songs I'd like to swap but I agree it is better than the SA tour. Id have a hard time saying its better than R30 tour though. Im REAL happy with the encore!

It's pretty good, overall. It's surprising in some ways and the general consensus is it's surprising in a bad way. Personally I think the 1st leg of S&A was better. Or maybe the 1st set of the 1st leg in particular. (Entre Nous, Digital Man, BTW, & Circumstances is pretty much going to destroy any 1st set in my eyes.)

So one way or the other, you're in for a surprise!

Thank you to everyone that's been very respectful of my request not to post any spoilers. So far, it seems like most are a little disappointed in the setlist. But also many are saying better than the S&A tour. Man, it's going to be tough to make it until this Sat. without peeking. sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif

QUOTE (syd11 @ Jun 28 2010, 09:42 PM)
Thank you to everyone that's been very respectful of my request not to post any spoilers. So far, it seems like most are a little disappointed in the setlist. But also many are saying better than the S&A tour. Man, it's going to be tough to make it until this Sat. without peeking. sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif

If I were you I'd probably stay away from TRF for awhile. There's at least one post in the regular Rush section with song spoilers. Can't people read?

Ugh. There are really only 4 songs on there that get me excited. S&A tour was much better. Well, the first leg was, when they played some deeper cuts. By the second time through, they replaced the good stuff with the same old shit.

Glad I didn't commit by buying tickets.

QUOTE (syd11 @ Jun 28 2010, 09:42 PM)
Thank you to everyone that's been very respectful of my request not to post any spoilers. So far, it seems like most are a little disappointed in the setlist. But also many are saying better than the S&A tour. Man, it's going to be tough to make it until this Sat. without peeking.  sad.gif  sad.gif  sad.gif

Well, for me, the setlist choices for this tour are better and more exciting than S&A tour... but that's really just my opinion. However, I think the bulk of the disappointment for most people (including myself) stems from the fact that, if this setlist is true, it feels so finalized. There is no longer room for speculation, which makes a great deal of this touring stuff so much fun!

We were all waiting months for something to slip out, and now it's apparently here.

That is probably what caught me off guard and made me "hate" the setlist. But, if you give it a chance, you'll probably find it a cool setlist. 1022.gif

Have fun, and tell us how it is! trink39.gif

Edited by Hemispheres89