TIME MACHINE TOUR SETLIST?

Snow-Dog2112

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I could live with out TMMB or Subdivisions but not bad.

Who thinks if they do Time Stand Still Aimee Mann pops up on the screens behind them.I think the filmed something with her.I hope

She still incredibly hot looking

The whole "Stick it Out" thing was mentioned on "the Hour" and was in response to a question about a song that Alex loves and Geddy hates (or vice-versa, can't remember). they joked about Stick It Out as being one Neil hates to play.

That was it.

I don't take that as confirmation that the song is being played. It could very well have just been discussed and discarded due to Neil's objections. I imagine lots of songs go through the same process.

i'm not saying it won't be played, but I don't believe it has been "confirmed"...unless it came up somewhere else from the Band and I missed it. that's possible, i don't claim to know everything.

I'd personally rather it isn't played but if it is, no problem.

QUOTE (Brava Doh! @ Jun 28 2010, 12:44 PM)
The whole "Stick it Out" thing was mentioned on "the Hour" and was in response to a question about a song that Alex loves and Geddy hates (or vice-versa, can't remember). they joked about Stick It Out as being one Neil hates to play.

That was it.

I don't take that as confirmation that the song is being played. It could very well have just been discussed and discarded due to Neil's objections. I imagine lots of songs go through the same process.

i'm not saying it won't be played, but I don't believe it has been "confirmed"...unless it came up somewhere else from the Band and I missed it. that's possible, i don't claim to know everything.

I'd personally rather it isn't played but if it is, no problem.

Good point. I thought one of them said they had rehearsed it. But in that interview with Geddy from 2009, he said they had rehearsed AFTK several times before S&A and weren't happy with it. That pretty much confirms that they will rehearse songs and then those songs still might not make the cut.

I also wonder...could they have gone back to AFTK, refusing to give up on it if they did really want to play it again? In Beyond the Lighted Stage, one thing that really stood out to me was the devotion they had in rehearsing the tough songs until they got them right, like La Villa Strangiato for instance. They didn't seem to like the fact that they never got it all in one take.

QUOTE (savagegrace26 @ Jun 28 2010, 01:20 PM)
This setlist sucks. Needs to be a song or two more after the drum solo. And it feels so.....by the numbers. If this is it then I'll skip this tour.

I really don't think this is the set . In a day this B.S. will end

This setlist sucks. Needs to be a song or two more after the drum solo. And it feels so.....by the numbers. If this is it then I'll skip this tour.

There isn't a possible RUSH set list can suck!!! C'mon man.

QUOTE (PennSt8r @ Jun 28 2010, 01:27 PM)

There isn't a possible RUSH set list can suck!!! C'mon man.

Anything is capable of sucking.

QUOTE (trenken @ Jun 28 2010, 09:16 AM)
No point in me commenting on this setlist. They'll play the show tomorrow and itll probably end up being very different. Happens before every tour.

Actually right before both legs of the S&A tour we got the set list in advance and both times the sources were on point.

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermo...ewsitemID=74544

And then the second leg when someone took a picture of the set list from Puerto Rico and posted it.

QUOTE (New World Kid @ Jun 28 2010, 12:30 PM)
Don't see how it's possible for Ged to hit AF2K right now. There's no Stick It Out.

I call shenanigans.

Its not possible for him to sing that, they would have to drop the key a bit.

QUOTE (oldphilly @ Jun 28 2010, 12:11 PM)
QUOTE (Snow-Dog2112 @ Jun 28 2010, 10:37 AM)
I saw this somewhere and it seems real.........

Set 1

The Spirit of Radio
The Analog Kid
Time Stand Still
Freewill
The Main Monkey Buisness
Caravan
BU2B
Workin' Them Angels
A Farewell To Kings  1022.gif
Jacob's Ladder  1022.gif
Marathon 1022.gif

Set 2

Tom Sawyer
Red Barchetta
YYZ
Limelight
The Camera Eye
Which Hunt
Vital Signs
Subdivisions
Mal.Nar./ Drum Solo
Hope
2112 Overture/The Temples Of Syrinx/Grand finale

Encore

Far Cry
Bastille Day  1022.gif  1022.gif  1022.gif
Closer To The Heart

You saw this somewhere? really?

That setlist is awful and unrealistic.......

laugh.gif

That's one of MY setlists posted in this very forum! "Saw this somewhere", he says. tongue.gif I sure know how to stir a pot. smile.gif

Add these others songs to be played occasionally through out the tour and I'd say perfect setlist!!

Garden Road

Anthem

Lessons

The Twilight Zone

Kid Gloves

The Body Electric

Middletown Dreams

Virtuality

Half The World

Earthshine

Good News First

QUOTE (metaldad @ Jun 28 2010, 11:22 AM)
If.... CTTH is the last song, i will be in my car before everyone

You don't like Closer to the Heart?

I bet you don't like Cinderella Man either...

angry.gif

This set is hard for me to believe and to me, disappointing if true. For some reason i believe it though. I mean nothing from GUP??? NOthing????? Faithless????? C'mon. I pray that it is wrong and JL will be played and the original rehearsal list posted here is the one. Nonetheless, im happy i get to see them live again.

QUOTE (N.O.RUSH @ Jun 28 2010, 04:18 PM)
This set is hard for me to believe and to me, disappointing if true. For some reason i believe it though. I mean nothing from GUP??? NOthing????? Faithless????? C'mon. I pray that it is wrong and JL will be played and the original rehearsal list posted here is the one. Nonetheless, im happy i get to see them live again.

Perfect example of why it's impossible to please everyone. Your biggest gripe is that they're playing nothing from GUP?!? Most of the other complainers have been no Jacob's Ladder and not enough from the '70's!

Kind of funny

QUOTE (LeaveMyThingAlone @ Jun 28 2010, 04:37 PM)
QUOTE (N.O.RUSH @ Jun 28 2010, 04:18 PM)
This set is hard for me to believe and to me, disappointing if true.  For some reason i believe it though.  I mean nothing from GUP???  NOthing?????  Faithless????? C'mon.  I pray that it is wrong and JL will be played and the original rehearsal list posted here is the one.  Nonetheless, im happy i get to see them live again.

Perfect example of why it's impossible to please everyone. Your biggest gripe is that they're playing nothing from GUP?!? Most of the other complainers have been no Jacob's Ladder and not enough from the '70's!

Kind of funny

They could play either AFTK or Bastille Day and I wouldn't care what they played the rest of the night.