Has listening to Rush ever made you cry?

jonfiredaman02

QUOTE (Mystic Slipperman @ Jun 28 2010, 03:51 PM)
Yeah, a handful of times....all within the past 8 years.

I teared up at the 2002 show during The Pass and Bravado.. man those songs always get to me, and having not heard them live for 10 years it was quite an emotional experience.

Ditto for Mission in 2007, as it had been nearly 20 years for that one. That song has always been powerful to me anyway.

Watching the docu at the theater, and then at home last weekend on Vh1, I welled up during the part where Neil's tragedies and rebirth are discussed..

A little sidebar.. not too long after Rush came back, my wife and I went through a ton of sh*t.  My friend Tom (a massive Rush fan) succumbed to cancer about a month after that 2002 show we saw together... then our singer committed suicide... during this time my wife had countless miscarriages, including one at 5 months in utero (we'd named him cause it was so far along).  I had to rock my own "little baby soul" for about 4 years after all that stuff went down, and the Vapor Trails became VERY important during that period.

Sh*t, I'm welling up thinking about it now.  Thank God or Whomever we made it to the other side of that tunnel.

No wonder I feel like Rush shows are massive celebrations, not only of the band and all their music, Neil's comeback, but just of life in general.

hug2.gif

I got choked up during "Mission" in 2008, during the ending. "Afterimage" moved me about two years ago because I had a friend who was really sick, even though I knew she would be fine. "The Pass", "Bravado", "Heresy", and "Everyday Glory" can all move me at times.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

yes.gif Certian songs

yes.gif Certian times

yes.gif Some moments during a show

yes.gif Some moments listening at home

I have No trouble embracing my emotional responce to Music

Other emotions include - Goosebumps

&

The Incredible Full Body Rush ! !

I don't think I've ever cried to ANY song, actually. But if I did, it probably wouldn't be Rush. Their music doesn't strike me as very emotionally moving, as awesome as it is.

QUOTE (ReRushed @ Jun 28 2010, 04:45 PM)
QUOTE (Rushman14 @ Jun 28 2010, 07:41 PM)
the first time I heard Signals.

Why? Because it sucked so much? doh.gif

Sorry, I love that album!

at the time, I can't even describe how disappointed I was when that album came out. Of course I have grown to love it.

Yes, the last time was at the Jersey concert during the S&A concert. Leaving the venue and looking back at what I had just witnessed for the first time since 1981.

Thanks again GG & Test for being there for me. hug2.gif trink39.gif

October 31st, 1992... I had just found out my Dad had died of heart attack at 57 years old. I got in my car to drive back home and Afterimage was next up on the CD when I started my car up. I'd love to hear that song live. I just don't know how I'd react to it.

QUOTE (toonz @ Jun 28 2010, 03:49 PM)
October 31st, 1992... I had just found out my Dad had died of heart attack at 57 years old. I got in my car to drive back home and Afterimage was next up on the CD when I started my car up. I'd love to hear that song live. I just don't know how I'd react to it.

Wow, that's tough. sad.gif Sorry to hear that.

QUOTE (King Whompus @ Jun 28 2010, 10:39 PM)
Losing it kinda made me lose it once.

Did you get it back?

Lakeside park literally makes me BAWL.

It's just a beautiful song about nostalgia, and I am a highly nostalgic person. I miss what life was like when I was a little boy, participating in all of the fun events held by my community.

My friends I made in 7th grade are still my best friends today, though we rarely see each other now. The first 6 Rush albums were by far our favorites, we used to listen to them all the time whenever we hung out, trying to scream as high and as loud as Geddy Lee. Lakeside Park most vividly reminds me of those times.

When I saw them live for the first time I cried. Wasn't expecting to cry and it just came out of no where. It was a most incredible feeling smile.gif

there are times when Mission has had a profound effect on me as has The Pass. I just get choked up maybe welling up but never a full out explosion. Of course I think that came from some of the challenges the other posters expereinced and how RUSh made them see the true emotions.

These guys get it. Neil gets it. He gets to the core and describes all of what we feel in terms thet punch right through the veneer. Which is why I can't stand the Neil bashing.

The Pass always has that effect on me. I remember standing in the crowd during the S&A tour, the combination of just being surrounded by thousands of other Rush fans all digging the show and watching Neil perform his solo, going between watching him on stage and on the big screen, I got pretty choked up but it was pure happiness, one of the best experiences I've ever had.

QUOTE (RushNut @ Jun 29 2010, 04:20 PM)
That happened to me with Justin Bieber...

Hmm. The only time I was subjected to that little brat, I didn't cry. Fought back nausea, yes, but not tears.

Archived