Oh no. It's starting again. . .

Mara

The next installment of that vomit-fest known as the Twilight saga is due out in theatres this week. If I hear any more "Team Jacob" vs. "Team Edward" shit I think I may tear my own ears off. It's everywhere. Thank god I do not have teen girls. They'd probably murder me in my sleep for the Twilight moratorium I'd have imposed on the household.

Please god, make it stop. Please.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I must confess that I've tended to avoid Twilight so far (my daughter is more interested in Harry Potter and Ben 10 at the moment), however, from what I've heard, I think I agree with a comment I read from Terry Pratchett recently:

Vampires are supposed to be scary

QUOTE (Slaine mac Roth @ Jun 26 2010, 12:56 PM)
I must confess that I've tended to avoid Twilight so far (my daughter is more interested in Harry Potter and Ben 10 at the moment), however, from what I've heard, I think I agree with a comment I read from Terry Pratchett recently:

yes.gif They are.

Apparently the Twilight vamps are "Vegetarians" meaning they dont kill humans. That's so lame on so many levels.

QUOTE (Ya_Big_Tree @ Jun 26 2010, 02:15 PM)
QUOTE (Slaine mac Roth @ Jun 26 2010, 12:56 PM)

yes.gif They are.

Apparently the Twilight vamps are "Vegetarians" meaning they dont kill humans. That's so lame on so many levels.

All these modern vampire shows suck, and none of them are scary, the vampire genre has been raped by Hollywood, I think it began with Buffy, but that was an entertaining show.

They need to file the genre away for a decade or so.

When people think of Vampires they should think of scary shit like this:

http://preaprez.files.wordpress.com/2009/06/vampire5.jpg

Not this:

http://vampsonfilm.files.wordpress.com/2009/05/edward_cullen_twilight-12469.jpg

QUOTE (Alex @ Jun 26 2010, 02:47 PM)

Not this:

Teen romance drama makers have hijacked the genre...

QUOTE (treeduck @ Jun 26 2010, 02:57 PM)

Not this:

Yep.

Mind you, this right here isn't too bad:

http://i267.photobucket.com/albums/ii300/DAVERACER1975/vampire-woman.jpg

laugh.gif

QUOTE (Alex @ Jun 26 2010, 03:56 PM)
QUOTE (treeduck @ Jun 26 2010, 02:57 PM)

Not this:

Yep.

Mind you, this right here isn't too bad:

http://i267.photobucket.com/albums/ii300/DAVERACER1975/vampire-woman.jpg

laugh.gif

They've always had hot women vampires though so that's ok!

biggrin.gif

QUOTE (treeduck @ Jun 26 2010, 07:35 PM)
All these modern vampire shows suck, and none of them are scary, the vampire genre has been raped by Hollywood, I think it began with Buffy, but that was an entertaining show.

I'll disagree slightly with that - the blame needs laying, squarely, at the feet of Anne Rice

QUOTE (Slaine mac Roth @ Jun 26 2010, 05:27 PM)

I'll disagree slightly with that - the blame needs laying, squarely, at the feet of Anne Rice

Never read her stuff but Interview with a Vampire the film was cringeworthy, a piece of puke with the wooden top acting of Cruise and Pitt floating in the mess...

QUOTE (treeduck @ Jun 26 2010, 10:34 PM)

Never read her stuff but Interview with a Vampire the film was cringeworthy, a piece of puke with the wooden top acting of Cruise and Pitt floating in the mess...

I had to read that sentance three or four times before I could really believe that you had put the words Tom Cruise and acting together. Are you sure weren't dreaming when you saw Tom Cruise acting? Its as likely as Keanu Reeves having a second facial expression.

QUOTE (Slaine mac Roth @ Jun 26 2010, 06:16 PM)
QUOTE (treeduck @ Jun 26 2010, 10:34 PM)

I had to read that sentance three or four times before I could really believe that you had put the words Tom Cruise and acting together. Are you sure weren't dreaming when you saw Tom Cruise acting? Its as likely as Keanu Reeves having a second facial expression.

Wooden acting is a good thing to you?

confused13.gif

QUOTE (Mara @ Jun 26 2010, 07:43 AM)
The next installment of that vomit-fest known as the Twilight saga is due out in theatres this week. If I hear any more "Team Jacob" vs. "Team Edward" shit I think I may tear my own ears off. It's everywhere. Thank god I do not have teen girls. They'd probably murder me in my sleep for the Twilight moratorium I'd have imposed on the household.

Please god, make it stop. Please.

I saw the trailer the other night on the boobtube, they just keep getting worse each time.

Wendy told me that they are splitting up the final book into two movies.

It's all about the money. This series is pure SHITE.

Even my 13 and 9 year old girls are over it.

I work at a movie theatre and I am NOT looking forward to working on Wednesday which happens to be opening day of Eclipse. I have NEVER understood the craze for these really awful movies, for example the shows on Wednesday (we have it playing in 2 theatres) are ALMOST sold out, and have been that way for at least a week in advance. Both the previous movies were the same way. Tickets sell out about a week before showtime, and little screaming teenage girls line up outside the theatre literally ALL DAY LONG. Its madness.

To top it all off, I was literally dragged by my ex-girlfriend to see New Moon. Probably one of the worst experiences of my life. That movie had some of the worst acting I had ever seen, the CGI wolves were just cringe-worthy, and it was just a pretty bad movie all around.

NEVER.

AGAIN. wacko.gif

I've only seen the first one, and I was surprised how good it was. I mean, I don't understand its cult-like status and how people worship it as it wasn't THAT good, but I quite enjoyed it. I look forward to seeing the 2nd one (and later the 3rd one) when they finally make it to cable. yes.gif

WHY! WHY?! WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!?!

Why did they have to cut the balls off of vampires! They used to be cool....They used to be seductive in an evil, authoritative way. That's sexy. Not "oh I'm a vegetarian; I only drink animal blood" (that doesn't even make sense) and "oh look at me sparkling in the sunlight!"

If Edward were a real vampire, he'd be taller, he'd command Bella with merely his presence. He'd then fly as a bat up to her window and sneak into her bedroom late at night and suck the blood right out of her.

Not only that, but people would actually be afraid of him.

QUOTE (bigman208 @ Jun 27 2010, 05:47 AM)
I work at a movie theatre and I am NOT looking forward to working on Wednesday which happens to be opening day of Eclipse. I have NEVER understood the craze for these really awful movies, for example the shows on Wednesday (we have it playing in 2 theatres) are ALMOST sold out, and have been that way for at least a week in advance. Both the previous movies were the same way. Tickets sell out about a week before showtime, and little screaming teenage girls line up outside the theatre literally ALL DAY LONG. Its madness.

To top it all off, I was literally dragged by my ex-girlfriend to see New Moon. Probably one of the worst experiences of my life. That movie had some of the worst acting I had ever seen, the CGI wolves were just cringe-worthy, and it was just a pretty bad movie all around.

NEVER.

AGAIN. wacko.gif

Hey Bigman! Did she become your ex-girlfriend after she dragged you to "New Moon?" laugh.gif

QUOTE (ReRushed @ Jun 27 2010, 07:47 AM)
I have no idea what this Twilight stuff is all about. I saw the coming attraction for the new movie when I saw Iron Man 2. It looked derivative and cheap.

You are a "Lucky Man." You have missed nothing.

Love,

ELP

While we're at it, Meyer neutered the werewolves as well. What happened to "An American Werewolf In London", who was a mild-mannered nerdy little fellow until the full moon hit? Then he mangled the SHIT out of anyone in his way.