BLIND GUARDIAN - NEW ALBUM SAMPLES

This is great!!!! Please get me back into power metal dude biggrin.gif I stopped liking Sonata since Jani left.. And even most of their old stuff has pretty generic playing - excluding the solos of course.

I've never heard Blind Guardian's stuff until this video, and they sound amazing!

Blind Guardian is one of the best. Their earlier albums, Battalions of Fear and Follow the Blind are more of the 80's thrash sounding, but after that they started going for a more symphonic sound with that epic feel. Their last album, A Twist in the Myth, was very good. i highly recommend that one as well as A Night at the Opera and Nightfall in Middle-Earth.

Here are some other kickass power metal bands with a recomended album.

Dragonland - Astronomy

Rhapsody - Anything by them is awesome.

Keldian - i forget the name of their album but the song The Last Frontier is bitchin.

Hammerfall

Ed Guy - the song Superheroes is radically awesome

QUOTE (JoenataArctica @ Jun 26 2010, 10:37 AM)
Blind Guardian is one of the best.  Their earlier albums, Battalions of Fear and Follow the Blind are more of the 80's thrash sounding, but after that they started going for a more symphonic sound with that epic feel.  Their last album, A Twist in the Myth, was very good.  i highly recommend that one as well as A Night at the Opera and Nightfall in Middle-Earth.

Here are some other kickass power metal bands with a recomended album.

Dragonland - Astronomy
Rhapsody - Anything by them is awesome.
Keldian - i forget the name of their album but the song The Last Frontier is bitchin.
Hammerfall
Ed Guy - the song Superheroes is radically awesome

Have some Edguy (don't really like them) and have Rhapsody of Fire's Discography, their newest album is especially awesome with the massive amount of solos. I took note on the Dragonland, Keldian, Hammerfall, and of course, I'm already compelled to get some Blind Guardian. Thanks.

Archived