Side of the Stage

Zanadoo

At Mohegan Sun, the sections are are directly to the right and left of the stage (14 and 26) are marked as obstructed view. Does anybody know what that obstruction is? I've heard the stage is pretty much wide open and they only put it as a technicality.

QUOTE (Zanadoo @ Jun 23 2010, 09:46 PM)
At Mohegan Sun, the sections are are directly to the right and left of the stage (14 and 26) are marked as obstructed view. Does anybody know what that obstruction is? I've heard the stage is pretty much wide open and they only put it as a technicality.

More than likely you are getting a limited view of the stage since you are facing the side.

QUOTE (mazyyz @ Jun 23 2010, 09:10 PM)

More than likely you are getting a limited view of the stage since you are facing the side.

wouldn't i see the whole stage, just from the side?

Depending on how the speakers, screens and so forth are set up you may have great seats or just so-so with an obstructed view.

I have had great luck in the past buying those seats in different arenas....thing is they HAVE to put obstructive view as a blanket disclaimer not taking different show setups into consideration.

Dan

QUOTE (Zanadoo @ Jun 23 2010, 09:23 PM)
QUOTE (mazyyz @ Jun 23 2010, 09:10 PM)

wouldn't i see the whole stage, just from the side?

There might be a hanging item, such as a lighting fixture, or an actual stage prop for the show itself which will obstruct your view of a complete view.. this doesn't mean your view will be bad. It just means that you won't be seeing absolutely everything that the people in front would see.

I just don't know if I want to pull the trigger right now. Is the setup going to be the same for all of the shows? That way I can ask someone who went to one of the early shows if there is stuff on the sides.