The Dear Hunter

tangy

These guys are INCREDIBLE! I only have their Act II album but it's gotten heavy play from me. I know they're touring with PT and C&C, and honestly, they're kind of a cross between those two bands. They have the experimental flavor of PT, with the catchiness and bombast of C&C. and sort of a Billy Joel-esque piano man type of vibe, all mixed in with other interesting styles.

Songs I highly recommend:

The Lake & The River

The Oracles On The Delphi Express

Smiling Swine

Red Hands

Dear Ms. Leading

This album is a concept album, so they obviously work better in a full album context, but these are the most interesting moments to me for this album.

QUOTE (GrandDesigner @ Jun 22 2010, 10:48 AM)
These guys are INCREDIBLE! I only have their Act II album but it's gotten heavy play from me. I know they're touring with PT and C&C, and honestly, they're kind of a cross between those two bands. They have the experimental flavor of PT, with the catchiness and bombast of C&C. and sort of a Billy Joel-esque piano man type of vibe, all mixed in with other interesting styles.

The Lake & The River
Smiling Swine
Red Hands
Dear Ms. Leading

This album is a concept album, so they obviously work better in a full album context, but these are the most interesting moments to me for this album.

trink39.gif Thanks for the recommendations.

QUOTE (GrandDesigner @ Jun 22 2010, 10:48 AM)

The Lake & The River
Smiling Swine
Red Hands
Dear Ms. Leading

Cool..! I'll check them out as well. Thanks.

Archived