Rush

-D-RocK-

QUOTE (hammerofthor @ Jun 22 2010, 12:29 PM)
Just give her Moving Pictures, if she doesn't get that, she's not getting anything.

This is the correct answer, btw. This is what I tell anyone who shows and interest in the band. Because who is ever go going to like the band and not get into MP?

QUOTE (H. P. L. @ Jun 21 2010, 02:57 AM)
Add Dreamline.

Yeah...good call..

Man, remember hearing this tune for the first time? For me, I was just amazed at how fresh and sonically bright it sounded.

I remember the album being released on the first day of my senior year of high school. I went to The Warehouse at lunch to buy the ablum, and I was so happy driving around blasting that song the rest of the day. Such a good day.

cool.gif

.......sorry for that little interlude... please continue, ladies and gentlemen... 2.gif

QUOTE (-D-RocK- @ Jun 21 2010, 12:33 AM)
So there's this girl at work who says she can't stand Rush because of Geddy's "screech". She's into bands like Tool, Metallica, Rage Against the Machine etc. and likes alot of soft rock also.

I told her I'd put together a CD of some tracks that might change her opinion.

Here's the track list:

New World Man
Limelight
Force 10
Time Stand Still
Hope
Entre Nous
Losing It
Ghost of a Chance
Resist
Subdivisions
Mission
Nobody's Hero
Kid Gloves
Cold Fire
The Analog Kid
Caravan
We Hold On

How's that for a "re-introduction"?

D-Rock!

You are one bad mutha! "Cold Fire" says it all!

It's a "chick flick" for the ears!"

cheer.gif

QUOTE (RUSHHEAD666 @ Jun 23 2010, 12:41 AM)
Just play the whole album: "Caress The Steel." laugh.gif

LOL haha that was funny smile.gif

QUOTE (Queen of Megadon @ Jun 22 2010, 01:03 PM)
QUOTE (Sussossus @ Jun 21 2010, 12:31 PM)
I'd say take everything off the list that is after Signals and before Presto. Seriously, I don't know any chicks who would like their synth period, or anything before Permanent Waves. Not unless they actually managed to get into the other stuff and wanted more, anyway.

seriously? why would a girl not like the synth period? It's my freakin fave dude.

been wishing for more synth since!

There. Now you can never again make this claim. laugh.gif

QUOTE (cygnus_thegodofbalance @ Jun 23 2010, 01:35 PM)
I say just give her Presto. To me, it is the most female-friendly of all their albums.

Actually...I have to disagree. The more I listen to it, the more COUNTERPARTS is, as someone mentioned, a chick flick for the ears.

Thanks everyone for your input, she comes in tomorrow......I'm kinda thinking she won't be impressed with the song selections, but who gives a flying f**k anyway?

People either get it or they don't.

QUOTE (*Limelight* @ Jun 24 2010, 02:38 AM)
Well, tell her if she doesn't like Rush after that, she can get the hell out of canada. That usually works. sarcasm.gif

BAHAHAHA... I tell girls who dont like hockey the same thing. You don't like pucks then GTFO!

tongue.gif

Well.....what do ya know?

It seems we have another new Rush fan on our hands. The girl in question (Leslie) said she really liked all of the songs on the CD. She mentioned she had heard a couple before (Limelight, New World Man) and knew it was Rush, but was very surprised and pleased with ALL of the other tracks.

Apparently she's already given the CD a couple listens and plans to load up the songs onto her ipod when she leaves site tomorrow.

2.gif

QUOTE (-D-RocK- @ Jun 28 2010, 11:14 AM)

It seems we have another new Rush fan on our hands. The girl in question (Leslie) said she really liked all of the songs on the CD. She mentioned she had heard a couple before (Limelight, New World Man) and knew it was Rush, but was very surprised and pleased with ALL of the other tracks.

Apparently she's already given the CD a couple listens and plans to load up the songs onto her ipod when she leaves site tomorrow.

2.gif

That's not surprising. You made a good track list choice and a lot of people once they hear other Rush songs that aren't overplayed on the radio actually submit to RushLove. I'm glad Leslie liked it. smile.gif

QUOTE (-D-RocK- @ Jun 28 2010, 01:14 PM)

2.gif

new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

That's actually a pretty good choice of songs. I might have to burn a Cd with those tracks on it.

My girlfriend LOVES Kid Gloves. In fact, she loves every song she's ever heard with a 5/4 time signature, which is weird, because she doesn't know what that means.

She also loves Xanadu and Closer to the Heart.

Of course, she believes that Geddy's voice, face, and body is gorgeous and that he can do no wrong. Which is ultimately true. She can't believe people claim that it's screechy or that he's ugly.

She also gets extremely aroused whenever I perform any Rush song on any instrument.

Archived