BEER RUN SONGS

syd11

We get a lot of postings for "I hope they play this" or "what if this album is represented". My question is assuming you don't know the setlist in advance, what song's first notes will send you running to the beer vendor? (or soda stand for the non drinkers) confused13.gif

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

RTB [the song]

Big Money

Almost anything from S&A

QUOTE (BrightAntennae @ Jun 16 2010, 04:03 PM)
I never miss one song...even if I don't care for it. There are other things to enjoy like the lighting, video or any antics from Alex.

Plus, I don't drink. Awful huh?  unsure.gif

I'm with you on this one.

Generally speaking, I don't give a flying flip what song they play, because it's Rush! Even if it's a song I absolutely despise by Rush (very rare), I still wil stay and enjoy it as best I can, for the lighting and stage antics, as you claimed. What you have to consider here is that listening to a song live is far much more different than when your MP3 playlist is on shuffle, and you want to "skip to the next song" This is live, this is upfront, and this is loud.

I see it as ignorance to walk out anytime during the show unless it's intermission. I've always found it disrespectful toward the band, and rude to others who need to move out of the way so other people can shimmy by. You paid good money to see a band; why spend 1/3 of the time wandering the corridors looking for a beer?

Edited by Hemispheres89

QUOTE (Rushman14 @ Jun 16 2010, 03:54 PM)
I saw the S&A tour 5 times and I missed the Larger Bowl all 5 times.  smile.gif

trink39.gif I was behind you in the nacho/pretzel/beer line....or beside you at the stall. laugh.gif

The worst Rush song is still better than standing in line to get a $10.00 light beer while being crushed between people who smell like they haven't bathed in weeks or standing in a puddle of someone else's urine staring at a brick wall in the bathroom. Do you people plan ahead with movies too as far as when to go to the bathroom or get a drink? "Hey, between 51:35 and 57:13 they're just talking between car chases, that's when I'll go to the bathroom". Good grief. To spend years between tours while never even knowing if it's the last one or not and then spending lots of money and in many cases travelling a long way to enjoy the shows I can't imagine wanting to be outside the arena for a minute of it.

But hey, if you guys are leaving then get me a beer.

I wait for the break to leave my seat. Especially at Summerfest. I'll be close to broke before the concert begins and I will have had my share of beer/soda/water during the afternoon. I enjoy the entire show. I won't peek at the setlist so until TS starts, I won't know what song is next. And, I don't want to miss any "moments" that may happen while I'm out. I also don't want to drag my son with me since it's his first show and I don't want him to miss anything.

QUOTE (snowdog2112 @ Jun 16 2010, 02:14 PM)
The worst Rush song is still better than standing in line to get a $10.00 light beer while being crushed between people who smell like they haven't bathed in weeks or standing in a puddle of someone else's urine staring at a brick wall in the bathroom. Do you people plan ahead with movies too as far as when to go to the bathroom or get a drink? "Hey, between 51:35 and 57:13 they're just talking between car chases, that's when I'll go to the bathroom". Good grief. To spend years between tours while never even knowing if it's the last one or not and then spending lots of money and in many cases travelling a long way to enjoy the shows I can't imagine wanting to be outside the arena for a minute of it.

But hey, if you guys are leaving then get me a beer.

+1 to everything except get me a Lynchburg Lemonade with an extra shot of Jack, please! Thanks

I'm not old enough to drink, so I won't be heading off to the beer stand. All I do during the show is find my spot, head to the merch stand and blow a lot of money, and then stay in the same spot for the rest of the show. And even if I was old enough to drink and I did drink... there's no way I'd drink during a Rush show. I want to remember all of the show.

QUOTE (daveyt @ Jun 16 2010, 05:19 PM)
yeah i realized in 2003 that i "forgot" the shows because i closed my eyes a lot and became the musicians b/c i'm so in the pleasure zone.

hooray for beer runs! gotta make them quick though! i love challenges like that. i can be back in like 4 minutes to enjoy the end of limelight including the solo. that includes the end of the last song as i head out and watch/listen from other vantage points, doubling my pleasure, even trippling my pleasure

Dreamline

Bravado

Mystic Rhythms (poof)

Secret Touch

I dont drink just piss alot.And its not disrespectfull to leave your seat during the show.Unless its habitual.You can do what you want.You paid for the ticket

QUOTE (snowdog2112 @ Jun 16 2010, 04:14 PM)
The worst Rush song is still better than standing in line to get a $10.00 light beer while being crushed between people who smell like they haven't bathed in weeks or standing in a puddle of someone else's urine staring at a brick wall in the bathroom.

z7shysterical.gif

QUOTE (ghostworks @ Jun 16 2010, 07:46 PM)
QUOTE (snowdog212 @ Jun 16 2010, 07:34 PM)
You can do what you want.You paid for the ticket

^ 100% false.

What are you, 12?

No Im 13 and If you buy a ticket and want to leave your seat anytime

you want you can.Nobody can tell you otherwise. Sorry little Hitler

QUOTE (snowdog212 @ Jun 16 2010, 07:34 PM)
Dreamline
Bravado
Mystic Rhythms (poof)
Secret Touch
I dont drink just piss alot.And its not disrespectfull to leave your seat during the show.Unless its habitual.You can do what you want.You paid for the ticket

It's not disrespectful on an individual level, but when you consider that you're dealing with an overcrowded arena full of music-starving fans who paid to see their band play, it's rude and disrespectful when you are causing a disturbance by getting up evry 5 minutes whn you should have made these preparations earlier.

This reminds me of my first Rush concert, where Geddy walked over to my side of the stage, looked up in my general direction (because I was in the second floor seating) and I swear to god, time seemed to freeze as I was almost absolutely certain he was looking at ME. He smiled, so I stood up and screamed and waved, and he looked down at his guitar, and then looked back up with that smile still on his face.

BUT...

Before there was enough time for me to confirm if this is what was TRULY happening, all I heard was "EXCUSE ME! CAN I GET BY?"

and I look to my left and see a couple who wanted to squeeze by me to get back to their seats, because they absolutely HAD to go buy another round of beers during this song. So, they squeezed past me, and blocked Geddy's view of me (and mine of his), and when they passed, he was already making his way over to the other far side of the stage.

angry.gif angry.gif

I remember the New Orleans show back in 08, and the guys hawking the beer were saying things like "BUD LIGHT! THE OFFICIAL RUSH BEER!" or "Get Your Favorite Rush Beer, a Cold Bud Light!" it was hilarious