Toy Story 3

theworkingman

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (treeduck @ Jun 17 2010, 05:27 AM)
I didn't even watch toy story 1 and didn't even know there was a toy story 2...

trink38.gif

What the hell?!! Both of them were great. Part 2 is probably even better than the first. Next thing you know you'll be saying you haven't seen The Incredibles either.

I'll definitely be seeing part 3

QUOTE (GhostGirl @ Jun 17 2010, 10:39 AM)
QUOTE (Storm Shadow @ Jun 17 2010, 07:18 AM)
I'll be seeing it with my wife and daughter. I love the first two. Am I the only one who thinks the second movie was even better than the first?

In some ways it was. The "outtakes" on the DVD of Toy Story 2 are absolute gems.

I didn't like it as much because of Newman, or the chicken suit bad guy, but it was still excellent.

I can't wait for this, I'm taking my daughter and wife but I have to wait until next week.

I gave my son (10) a choice of movies to see this weekend, and he chose Marmaduke first and then The A Team....sigh.

I'll be seeing Toy Story 3 (and probably Shrek 3) on my own it appears...but I so can't wait.

Who's seen it and what's your verdicts?

Cel

QUOTE (Celine @ Jun 18 2010, 01:58 PM)
I gave my son (10) a choice of movies to see this weekend, and he chose Marmaduke first and then The A Team....sigh.

I'll be seeing Toy Story 3 (and probably Shrek 3) on my own it appears...but I so can't wait.

Cel

You poor thing. What we do for our kids, huh?

I heard "The A-Team" is awful.

Darker than pretty much any other film Pixar has ever done (especially for a childrens movie) and incredibly emotional. I was at a midnight showing with many of my very own graduating classmates from this past year along with many other young adults in that age group. I saw quite a few people crying and if you were very close to the first two, then this is definitely going to tug on your heart-string. A lot of very funny parts but it is a BEAUTIFUL movie and really brings the whole series full circle. Pixar has done it again. Also a very sinister antagonist (this one is BAD). I urge every single person on here to absolutely go see this movie. Seriously, just awesome.

Oh and the short before the film is one of Pixar's best.

QUOTE (GhostGirl @ Jun 18 2010, 03:57 PM)

Cel

Yes, many bad reviews for "A-Team," but nothing but positives for "Toy Story 3" -- it has a 100% rating on RottenTomatoes.com at the moment, which is stunning considering there are 134 reviews posted so far.

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Jun 18 2010, 03:41 PM)
QUOTE (GhostGirl @ Jun 18 2010, 03:57 PM)

Cel

Yes, many bad reviews for "A-Team," but nothing but positives for "Toy Story 3" -- it has a 100% rating on RottenTomatoes.com at the moment, which is stunning considering there are 134 reviews posted so far.

Cool! Can't wait to see it.

QUOTE (JohnnyBlaze @ Jun 17 2010, 09:59 PM)

trink38.gif

What the hell?!! Both of them were great. Part 2 is probably even better than the first. Next thing you know you'll be saying you haven't seen The Incredibles either.

I haven't...

biggrin.gif trink38.gif

QUOTE (workingcinderellaman @ Jun 16 2010, 06:57 PM)
I think a better sequel could have been made from The Incredibles or Cars. At least one that I would be more interested in seeing.

Oh yes. I'd love a sequel to The Incredibles.

QUOTE (theworkingman @ Jun 18 2010, 02:40 PM)
Darker than pretty much any other film Pixar has ever done (especially for a childrens movie) and incredibly emotional. I was at a midnight showing with many of my very own graduating classmates from this past year along with many other young adults in that age group. I saw quite a few people crying and if you were very close to the first two, then this is definitely going to tug on your heart-string. A lot of very funny parts but it is a BEAUTIFUL movie and really brings the whole series full circle. Pixar has done it again. Also a very sinister antagonist (this one is BAD). I urge every single person on here to absolutely go see this movie. Seriously, just awesome.

Oh and the short before the film is one of Pixar's best.

Dark and Emotional? People crying?? The movie was excellent, but I can't see why people would cry..........nothing emotional that I saw, it was funny though.

QUOTE (treeduck @ Jun 19 2010, 07:09 AM)
QUOTE (JohnnyBlaze @ Jun 17 2010, 09:59 PM)

trink38.gif

I haven't...

biggrin.gif trink38.gif

Sheesh. The Incredibles is one of the best superhero movies ever made. You should rent that. Brad Bird knows how to tell a story

saw Toy Story 3 last night and holy crap. simply amazing. i laughed my ass off at a few parts.

I am very close to the first and 2nd one. i was 7 years old when the 1st one came out,and i'm almost 22 now. so seeing this conclusion to the series definetly tugged a little. I was very pleasant at how they took it though. i give it 5/5 stars.

I saw it today. It's amazing. I don't even want to try to express how good it is, because when one starts using too many superlatives it just sounds crass and phony, but seriously, this is one of the best movies I've ever seen, and completes what I though was patently impossible -- a perfect trilogy of films. It is hilariously funny as well as profound, and if the final scene doesn't move you, you have a stone heart. A stunning and beautiful film. The opening cartoon was great too. Go see it! All of you! It really is that good!

Best movie that's going to come out this year, animated or otherwise? Yes.

Best movie in the Toy Story series? Very possibly.

Best Pixar movie ever? Could be. Only competition in my mind is the first Toy Story, Nemo, and possibly the Incredibles.

QUOTE (theworkingman @ Jun 22 2010, 09:33 PM)
I'm curious. Is there anyone who didn't like it? Anyone who has any negative things to say about it? I haven't heard anything about it other than people raving about the movie. How could anyone not love this movie?