Toy Story 3

theworkingman

I'll be catching the midnight showing tomorrow night and i'm very excited.

It's at 100% on Rotten Tomatoes with 23 reviews and an average rating of 8.7 so it's looking very good. Reviews have been doing nothing but praising it. Really looking forward to it. A few clips:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zy8KJflkHgU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WCPRmdU-jP0

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Rush Cocky @ Jun 16 2010, 03:16 PM)
No thanks.

Every party needs a pooper, that's why we invited you.

tongue.gif

I love the Toy Story movies!!!

QUOTE (treeduck @ Jun 16 2010, 03:27 PM)
I didn't even watch toy story 1 and didn't even know there was a toy story 2...

trink38.gif

That's very informative, however, you didn't answer the question. But that's okay. We'll assume (safely, methinks) that you will NOT be seeing Toy Story 3.

Next?

QUOTE (GhostGirl @ Jun 16 2010, 04:19 PM)
No thanks.

tongue.gif

Allow me to elaborate.

Toy Story was brilliant. Outstanding idea, great plot.....the minute I find a good deal on it, it's mine.

Toy Story 2 was cute. Decent story line, good action. I liked it.

Toy Story 3? Story looks to be weak, if not worn out. I can see a lot of repetitiveness in the previews. Oh, except that now we have Barbie telling Ken he has a nice ass cut. unsure.gif

They're reaching with this one, IMO. Not sure it'll do well, and sorry I don't mean to poop anyone's party. smile.gif

I'm sure it will be good and I will probably see it.

One thing I don't understand is why they're making sequels to Toy Story and not some of the others. I don't think that there was enough of a story line to keep Toy Story going. I mean kids outgrow their toys and that's that. My toys are all at the bottom of a landfill and I'm really not that sad about that.

I think a better sequel could have been made from The Incredibles or Cars. At least one that I would be more interested in seeing.

Toy Story 3? Story looks to be weak, if not worn out. I can see a lot of repetitiveness in the previews. Oh, except that now we have Barbie telling Ken he has a nice ass cut. 

They're reaching with this one, IMO.

My thoughts exactly. Although I have faith in Pixar that they will make it worth seeing. They could make a movie about a pile of dog crap and it would be good. smile.gif

QUOTE (Rush Cocky @ Jun 16 2010, 01:07 PM)
No thanks.

tongue.gif

Oh, except that now we have Barbie telling Ken he has a nice ass cut.

"Ascot" It's like a scarf. She does emphasize the ASS though.

I have 100% faith in Pixar and from the looks of reviews, it looks like they're just extending their streak with this one.

I'm also very interested in the supposedly incredibly powerful conclusion of the story. From everything I've read the ending is to have some very emotional scenes. This one caught my attention:

"However I do want to talk about this pivotal juncture in the final act, there was a moment in the movie that only last a minute or two, but felt very, very, very real. I can't stress this enough, I have never felt anything like this from a movie. The first time I cried in a move was with Up's "Ellie" sequence but for some reason I didn't do it here. My emotions went beyond crying, I don't know if it was the swirling bright ember colors contrasting with the stark images or the expressiveness of the toys in that very moment, but I sat there in disbelief and was affected in a way that has not existed before."

My kids are now of the opinion that Toy Story is "kid stuff," thinking they are too cool now. But the wife and I have already decided we will be seeing it this weekend and are both really looking forward to it.

I especially love to show the kids who now think Toy Story is "kid stuff" the home movies of them watching the movie, acting out the scenes as the movie plays along, sing and dance a bit and all the while tightly clutching their Woody and Buzz action figures like they are the most prized possessions on earth.

They may think they're too old for Toy Story, but I'm not. I'll be there with bells on biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Snowdog @ Jun 16 2010, 07:56 PM)
My kids are now of the opinion that Toy Story is "kid stuff," thinking they are too cool now. But the wife and I have already decided we will be seeing it this weekend and are both really looking forward to it.

I especially love to show the kids who now think Toy Story is "kid stuff" the home movies of them watching the movie, acting out the scenes as the movie plays along, sing and dance a bit and all the while tightly clutching their Woody and Buzz action figures like they are the most prized possessions on earth.

They may think they're too old for Toy Story, but I'm not. I'll be there with bells on biggrin.gif

They'll come back around, probably when they are parents themselves. The Toy Story movies are a special breed. yes.gif

I'm 19. I really couldn't care less about my age. Just like every other Pixar movie I'll be seeing it regardless and a good deal of my friends are just as excited as I am. Not surprised as we were the ones that truly grew up with these movies.

I cannot wait!!!! i will probably see it on friday since thats payday and right now i have 3 dollars in my checking account, haha. I LOVE toy story 1. my parents bought it for me on dvd for easter and i watched it. it was like being 7 all over again. and i saw the double feature in 3D when it was out, and its just amazing how those movies still hold up, even as im reaching almost 22 years old now. these movies are timeless and are instant classics.

QUOTE (Rush Cocky @ Jun 16 2010, 05:07 PM)
No thanks.

tongue.gif

Allow me to elaborate.

Toy Story was brilliant. Outstanding idea, great plot.....the minute I find a good deal on it, it's mine.

Toy Story 2 was cute. Decent story line, good action. I liked it.

Toy Story 3? Story looks to be weak, if not worn out. I can see a lot of repetitiveness in the previews. Oh, except that now we have Barbie telling Ken he has a nice ass cut. unsure.gif

They're reaching with this one, IMO. Not sure it'll do well, and sorry I don't mean to poop anyone's party. smile.gif

Lasseter absolutely refuses to make a sequel for the sake of making a sequel. It's one of many reasons he's one of the best in the business. If he feels there's no good story to tell, it's not going to be done.

In my opinion for him to have agreed to make a third movie, there has to be a great story there.

This is where I get lucky in having younger kids. I have to go see this movie. You know... for them. wink.gif

QUOTE (Storm Shadow @ Jun 17 2010, 07:18 AM)
I'll be seeing it with my wife and daughter. I love the first two. Am I the only one who thinks the second movie was even better than the first?

In some ways it was. The "outtakes" on the DVD of Toy Story 2 are absolute gems.

QUOTE (GhostGirl @ Jun 17 2010, 08:39 AM)
QUOTE (Storm Shadow @ Jun 17 2010, 07:18 AM)
I'll be seeing it with my wife and daughter. I love the first two. Am I the only one who thinks the second movie was even better than the first?

In some ways it was. The "outtakes" on the DVD of Toy Story 2 are absolute gems.

I think 2 improved upon the original.