guitars and basses used

i'm guessing al will use his new les pauls (from the snakes & >> tour)

with a few others here and there, and that ged will use the jazz bass..

but i wanna hear the Rick!!!! 1022.gif and i like seeing/hearing al play his super-strats from the moving pictures- signals era... but those are probably in cases for good sad.gif

i do like the tone al gets from the new les pauls, more than the PRS tone he had since presto through R30...

Plenty of people care about this. I am not one of them laugh.gif

I care a lot about this, Al will probably be using his Les Pauls with the Floyd Roses, and the Standard Les Pauls, he'll probably bust out the Robert Howards Fusion for TCE or something else, and well definitley see the ES-355, as well as a Telecaster for Vital Signs

Geddy will have his Jazz Basses, and his Rickenbacker, maybe well get to see the double neck, and hes using orange amps this time around

I'm real happy he's away from the Paul Reed Smith's for now. I love the Les Pauls. His interview with Gibson.com is nice. Thanks to my audiophile editor/buddy Rober Archer.

QUOTE (theredtamasrule @ Jun 15 2010, 08:11 PM)
QUOTE (hughes&kettner @ Jun 15 2010, 07:05 PM)
QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Jun 15 2010, 06:38 PM)
QUOTE (theredtamasrule @ Jun 15 2010, 07:35 PM)
Don't care. Long as it sounds good. Wow. That added so much to the discussion.

goodpost.gif goodpost.gif goodpost.gif

wtf.gif

AlexFinal.gif

f**k the police!!!!!!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v318/1001001/STFU/cop.jpg

QUOTE (theredtamasrule @ Jun 15 2010, 07:11 PM)
QUOTE (hughes&kettner @ Jun 15 2010, 07:05 PM)
QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Jun 15 2010, 06:38 PM)
QUOTE (theredtamasrule @ Jun 15 2010, 07:35 PM)
Don't care. Long as it sounds good. Wow. That added so much to the discussion.

goodpost.gif goodpost.gif goodpost.gif

wtf.gif

AlexFinal.gif

f**k the police!!!!!!

yes.gif trink39.gif

QUOTE (hughes&kettner @ Jun 15 2010, 07:17 PM)
GeddyFinal.gif anyone else want to hear the WAL or steinberger basses?

GeddyFinal.gif GeddyFinal.gif GeddyFinal.gif GeddyFinal.gif GeddyFinal.gif GeddyFinal.gif GeddyFinal.gif GeddyFinal.gif NeilFinal.gif AlexFinal.gif AlexFinal.gif AlexFinal.gif AlexFinal.gif AlexFinal.gif AlexFinal.gif AlexFinal.gif

i actually love the way the steins sounded on GUP tour.

QUOTE (theredtamasrule @ Jun 15 2010, 07:19 PM)
GeddyFinal.gif      anyone else want to hear the WAL or steinberger basses?

GeddyFinal.gif  GeddyFinal.gif  GeddyFinal.gif  GeddyFinal.gif  GeddyFinal.gif  GeddyFinal.gif  GeddyFinal.gif    GeddyFinal.gif      NeilFinal.gif  AlexFinal.gif AlexFinal.gif  AlexFinal.gif  AlexFinal.gif  AlexFinal.gif  AlexFinal.gif  AlexFinal.gif

rofl3.gif

f**k yeah!!!! There ya go!

But Wal bass does not = METAL!!! So no to that.

yea, but what if they play chemistry or something that is not "metal"? 1022.gif

QUOTE (hughes&kettner @ Jun 15 2010, 08:17 PM)

GeddyFinal.gif  GeddyFinal.gif  GeddyFinal.gif  GeddyFinal.gif  GeddyFinal.gif  GeddyFinal.gif  GeddyFinal.gif    GeddyFinal.gif      NeilFinal.gif  AlexFinal.gif AlexFinal.gif  AlexFinal.gif  AlexFinal.gif  AlexFinal.gif  AlexFinal.gif  AlexFinal.gif

Definitely not. Those basses served their purpose during the synth period, but I think they, much like Alex's guitars during that era, sounded flat and uninspired.

Though hearing the Rick on a song or two would be cool, I'm a big fan of the Jazz Bass in Geddy's hands. I think his bass tone on the two new songs is the best he's ever recorded, and I want to hear that live.

For guitars, White Gibson E-355.

When I saw it make a return back in 02' for the VT encore, it was quite the sight.

I remember it being used on the Trees last tour. Changing it up on a fair amount of songs would be easy enough.

GeddyFinal.gif anyone else want to hear the WAL or steinberger basses?

GeddyFinal.gif GeddyFinal.gif GeddyFinal.gif GeddyFinal.gif GeddyFinal.gif GeddyFinal.gif GeddyFinal.gif GeddyFinal.gif NeilFinal.gif AlexFinal.gif AlexFinal.gif AlexFinal.gif AlexFinal.gif AlexFinal.gif AlexFinal.gif AlexFinal.gif

Yeah I do, even the Stein.

Question: Did Geddy use the Stenberger to record Power Windows too? I know he has his Wal in the PoW videos that I've seen but I thought I heard before that he used it for more than just GUP.

QUOTE (Del_Duio @ Jun 16 2010, 08:04 AM)

Yeah I do, even the Stein.

Question: Did Geddy use the Stenberger to record Power Windows too? I know he has his Wal in the PoW videos that I've seen but I thought I heard before that he used it for more than just GUP.

He recorded PoW with the Steinberger but he toured with both the Steiny and the Wal