Post Pictures of YOU v.2

1-0-0-1-0-0-1

http://i.imgur.com/Tbb5ZxS.png

Hello, friends! :hi:

The thread title says pictures, so hopefully my version of a selfie is permissible! In my professional practice, I'm much more comfortable with actual paint and brushes...but I thought I'd attempt something less doodle-like in the digital realm for once. Kinda makes me want to splurge on nice software someday! :tempted:

Did you do this on your PC? If so, well done!

Yes, I did :) Thank you very much, Turbine! :cheers:

Gosh I wouldn't know how to even start doing something like that.

Oh I believe that you could do it! :cheerleader:

In my studio, I'm used to working by seeing my support (canvas, etc.) and hand/tool in the same place...one of the biggest adjustments for me was staring at my monitor while my hand controlled the stylus out of sight on the drawing tablet. Otherwise I used a rather similar process of forming the image :) I think I'd have a lot more fun with more robust software, though!

• Like 3

The thread title says pictures, so hopefully my version of a selfie is permissible! In my professional practice, I'm much more comfortable with actual paint and brushes...but I thought I'd attempt something less doodle-like in the digital realm for once. Kinda makes me want to splurge on nice software someday! :tempted:

In my studio, I'm used to working by seeing my support (canvas, etc.) and hand/tool in the same place...one of the biggest adjustments for me was staring at my monitor while my hand controlled the stylus out of sight on the drawing tablet. Otherwise I used a rather similar process of forming the image :) I think I'd have a lot more fun with more robust software, though!

I was about to ask what software you used. I've been thinking about getting a tablet. Great job, btw. :)

• Like 1

I was about to ask what software you used. I've been thinking about getting a tablet. Great job, btw. :)

Thanks, EagleMoon! :cheers: I used Sketchbook Express, which was free with my tablet...it feels like MS Paint on mild steroids :LOL: Someday I'd like to splurge on Photoshop and/or Corel, though. If you get a tablet, I hope you'll enjoy it! They're nifty and I bet you'd have fun :)

• Like 3

:wub: :wub:

• Like 1

Thanks, EagleMoon! :cheers: I used Sketchbook Express, which was free with my tablet...it feels like MS Paint on mild steroids :LOL: Someday I'd like to splurge on Photoshop and/or Corel, though. If you get a tablet, I hope you'll enjoy it! They're nifty and I bet you'd have fun :)

You can download Photoshop CS2 for free from their website.

• Like 2

:wub: :wub:

Thanks, DoL! :cheers:

• Like 1

Thanks! :) This isn't the newest full suite, though, right? That'll remain on my wishlist because I'm hopeless :LOL:

Thanks! :) This isn't the newest full suite, though, right? That'll remain on my wishlist because I'm hopeless :LOL:

No it's an older version but it does about 99% of what the newer ones do. There are no updates because it's free but hey, it's free and it works great.

• Like 1

Oh my :o The Emperess of the arctic is even more beautiful than I could have imagined! Even when there is some still left for the imagination :drool: I am for ever yours :notworthy: :LOL: Very nice and you have a gift! I love your use of color :yes: Thank you for a wonderful glimpse. :D

• Like 1

Oh my :o The Emperess of the arctic is even more beautiful than I could have imagined! Even when there is some still left for the imagination :drool: I am for ever yours :notworthy: :LOL: Very nice and you have a gift! I love your use of color :yes: Thank you for a wonderful glimpse. :D

Aww :blush: thank you very much for your kind words and enthusiasm, Crimson! :LOL: I must say that getting a glimpse into a friend's life through the photos you posted certainly prompted me to consider sharing an image of myself :)

• Like 1

Well beans post is a hard post to follow and had my electronics not been malfunctioning when I was at work my post would have been prior to. Anyhoo here is me at work with my new glasses that I can actually see again now :LOL:

http://rs1383.pbsrc.com/albums/ah298/SeanJohn51/Mobile%20Uploads/CAM00332_zpshlxh0kfg.jpg?w=480&h=480&fit=clip

• Like 9

No it's an older version but it does about 99% of what the newer ones do. There are no updates because it's free but hey, it's free and it works great.

Hi Bean

Great drawing :)

I download quite a lot of free open source software and one programming I've got that you might be interested in is called Krita. It's a lot like Photoshop but with the photo editing tools taken out so it's really more just for illustrating and drawing. It looks and feels very professional and the only problem is that it can be a quite slow at times. However for the price - or should i say lack of - it's great :) Just somerhing you may want to check out

• Like 1

Word of warning! I have found Tablets like to drink as much if not more than PC's !!!!

• Like 1

Hi Bean

Great drawing :)

I download quite a lot of free open source software and one programming I've got that you might be interested in is called Krita. It's a lot like Photoshop but with the photo editing tools taken out so it's really more just for illustrating and drawing. It looks and feels very professional and the only problem is that it can be a quite slow at times. However for the price - or should i say lack of - it's great :) Just somerhing you may want to check out

Thank you, LittleRushmonkey! :) I've never heard of Krita, but I'll be sure to check it out! :ebert:

• Like 1

I think this is just awesome, bud! Clearly the community agrees! :fistbump: :cheers:

• Like 1

:LOL:

Very well put, Crimson! :cheers:

• Like 1

I think this is just awesome, bud! Clearly the community agrees! :fistbump: :cheers:

Aww thank you so much, bud! :fistbump: :cheers:

Bean-tor, you look nothing like your avatar! :P

• Like 4

Bean-tor, you look nothing like your avatar! :P

I know, right?! Some people resemble their pets...but I should be so lucky as to be half as pretty as that cat :LOL:

• Like 2

Awesome bean :hi: :hug2: stunning, in fact

janine-kissing.gif

Edited by Your_Lion
  • Like 3

You are quite the 'Handsome Lass' Miss Bean-Tor! I may be old, but I can still pick out a Beauty! :codger: :banana:

• Like 2

You are quite the 'Handsome Lass' Miss Bean-Tor! I may be old, but I can still pick out a Beauty! :codger: :banana:

Show of hands for those who want Bean-tor to share the photo from where this great piece of art comes from.

• Like 3

Finding my way...back to li(v)fe :smoke:

http://i1253.photobucket.com/albums/hh597/greyfriar2112/Finding%20my%20way...back_zpsrxw7enbv.jpg

• Like 11

Awesome bean :hi: :hug2: stunning, in fact

janine-kissing.gif

:hi: !

Aww :blush: Why thank you for such high praise, Your_Lion! http://i1224.photobucket.com/albums/ee379/gizmobrown/pacalo_smilies/emoticon_curtsey.gif

:hug2: I'm flattered indeed; Janine kisses are serious business!

• Like 1

Aww thanks, ORFie! :blush: I've never been called handsome before, but I've always secretly wondered if that day would come! :LOL:

• Like 1