What made your day today? v.2

1-0-0-1-0-0-1

QUOTE (Tombstone Mountain @ Oct 5 2012, 02:58 PM)
Celebrating my 11th wedding anniversary with a weekend in Asheville, NC trink39.gif

Awww... that's great! Congratulations. Have fun! trink39.gif

My day was made by seeing the Welcoming Committee thread bring old friends back. Actually, it's made me happy for a few days. smile.gif

I think, for my sanity's sake, I'm going to try to post in this thread every day. There's a lot to be said for finding joy in every day, even if the day stinks to high heaven. I have a lot to be thankful for, and I shouldn't take those things for granted. heart.gif

QUOTE (sullysue @ Oct 5 2012, 06:24 PM)
Celebrating my 11th wedding anniversary with a weekend in Asheville, NC trink39.gif

My day was made by seeing the Welcoming Committee thread bring old friends back. Actually, it's made me happy for a few days. smile.gif

I think, for my sanity's sake, I'm going to try to post in this thread every day. There's a lot to be said for finding joy in every day, even if the day stinks to high heaven. I have a lot to be thankful for, and I shouldn't take those things for granted. heart.gif

trink39.gif

And...don't you have a team in the MLB playoffs? common001.gif

QUOTE (umoveme @ Oct 5 2012, 02:56 PM)
It's Friday!
It's payday!
I won tickets to a wine and cheese festival!
Going to see a friend's band tomorrow!

Congrat's! Always nice to be a winner!

What kind of music?

QUOTE (librarian @ Oct 5 2012, 02:53 PM)
It's Friday and thanks to Christopher Columbus, I have a 3 day weekend! common001.gif common001.gif common001.gif trink39.gif

At least he is remembered positively for something!

biggrin.gif

QUOTE (goose @ Oct 5 2012, 08:32 PM)
QUOTE (sullysue @ Oct 5 2012, 06:24 PM)

trink39.gif

And...don't you have a team in the MLB playoffs? common001.gif

Yup. As we speak, my froind, Not an easy game. no.gif

O's or Texas. Which is worst?

Holiday today! And I don't have to work much! biggrin.gif

TRF. Laughs and smiles on a sad and lonely day.

Thank you, all. smile.gif

I had the warm and fuzzy realization that I still love doing mainframe systems programming and that I made a great career choice 24 years ago. I still love my career and I am very lucky to still love it.

smile.gif

QUOTE (CygnusGal @ Oct 10 2012, 06:07 PM)
I had the warm and fuzzy realization that I still love doing mainframe systems programming and that I made a great career choice 24 years ago. I still love my career and I am very lucky to still love it.

smile.gif

That's awesome. I'd love to be doing something that made me feel that way.

My washer and/or dryer have crapped out on me. So, I'm at the laundry mat. Not where I want to be, but the wi-fi is super fast and I'm spending time with my teen-aged daughter and we're actually having fun! smile.gif

Tonight was my lil boys 9th birthday. We went to a St. Louis mall and did the NASCAR experience with a few of his friends. I bribed the dude to give us the track...(just us) to race. It wasn't crouded anyway being on a Wednesday.

We tore that track up! That was good stuff!

...anyway

QUOTE (sullysue @ Oct 10 2012, 08:09 PM)
QUOTE (CygnusGal @ Oct 10 2012, 06:07 PM)
I had the warm and fuzzy realization that I still love doing mainframe systems programming and that I made a great career choice 24 years ago.  I still love my career and I am very lucky to still love it.

smile.gif

That's awesome. I'd love to be doing something that made me feel that way.

My washer and/or dryer have crapped out on me. So, I'm at the laundry mat. Not where I want to be, but the wi-fi is super fast and I'm spending time with my teen-aged daughter and we're actually having fun! smile.gif

That's great you're having fun with your daughter - and a teenage one no less laugh.gif smile.gif

For me, it was a good day at work, seeing some friends tonight, home internet is back up.

default236, ColdFireYYZ and missionman. new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif sounds like good days for you too.

trink39.gif

smile.gif

Edited by CygnusGal

Earlier today, went through the Starbucks drive-thru for some coffee and as I pulled up to the window, handing the lady my money she excitedly says, "YOU HAVE BONES!" And I'm thinking, "Of course I have bones. Why has no one else been so excited about my bone-filled body before?". Handing me my coffee, she adds a bit more... "You have a bag of bones!"

Seems I had forgotten about my bag of Halloween skeleton bones I had purchased many days before and was on the seat next to me.

laugh.gif

QUOTE (Janie @ Oct 12 2012, 04:03 PM)
Earlier today, went through the Starbucks drive-thru for some coffee and as I pulled up to the window, handing the lady my money she excitedly says, "YOU HAVE BONES!" And I'm thinking, "Of course I have bones. Why has no one else been so excited about my bone-filled body before?". Handing me my coffee, she adds a bit more... "You have a bag of bones!"

Seems I had forgotten about my bag of Halloween skeleton bones I had purchased many days before and was on the seat next to me.

laugh.gif

Nice! laugh.gif

My kids went with their dad for the weekend, and I didn't have the chance to see them this afternoon before they left. My littlest one left me a bag of Doritos with a note on it that said: "You're awesome so you get doritos." wub.gif

Watching my son having a great time doing what he loves.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v297/RushBabe/Facebook/PHS%20Drumline%202012/302236_10151121755804472_162303264_n-1.jpg

smile.gif