What made your day today? v.2

1-0-0-1-0-0-1

QUOTE (invisible airwave @ Aug 30 2012, 05:28 PM)
Jersey Shore got cancelled!  Good riddance.

yes.gif THERE IS A GOD... yes.gif

QUOTE (ColdFireYYZ @ Aug 30 2012, 06:31 PM)
QUOTE (invisible airwave @ Aug 30 2012, 06:28 PM)
Jersey Shore got cancelled!  Good riddance.

That might not be such a good thing in the long run. Now there will probably be spin-offs for all the cast members.

I'll say this, though, I'll miss Beavis And Butthead mocking this show.

"Damnit, Beavis! You've watched 3 seasons and you haven't learned anything!" rofl3.gif laugh.gif

Oh, I just found out yesterday that I'm gonna be an uncle! trink39.gif common001.gif Just touched ground at Salt Lake City from Long Beach airport last night to visit my half sister and my brother in law. She's 13 weeks pregnant and due in early March.

I'm gonna spoil that kid rotten when I get a job after I get my college certificate in a year.

I finished the first 12 hour shift back to work after a short va-ca without yelling, arresting, tasing, beating or shooting anyone. wink.gif

QUOTE (Rushchick10 @ Sep 8 2012, 12:17 AM)
I finished the first 12 hour shift back to work after a short va-ca without yelling, arresting, tasing, beating or shooting anyone. wink.gif

Better luck next time on the tasing part.

QUOTE (ReGorLaTroy @ Sep 6 2012, 12:29 PM)
I won tickets for Neil Young & Crazy Horse, Foo Fighters and The Black Keys benefit concert at Central Park on 29 September.

I envy you. My cousin's favorite band is FF and he's seen them several times and my mom saw Neil Young perform in Y2K.

The new Killers album got leaked today. 653.gif

QUOTE (RushYesZeppelin @ Sep 12 2012, 01:30 AM)
Talking to my best friend, who I met on this forum and love to death. Just having such a close friend, even though he's far away makes my life a whole lot better. Haha I just needed to brag a little about it. hug2.gif

Nice! Good folks on here, glad I've had the chance to meet several of them.

As for me, my day was made by earning an extra 30 bucks running the clock & scoreboard for a middle school football game. My life is that exciting, folks.

QUOTE (Territorial_Game @ Sep 13 2012, 11:42 AM)
QUOTE (RushYesZeppelin @ Sep 12 2012, 01:30 AM)
Talking to my best friend, who I met on this forum and love to death. Just having such a close friend, even though he's far away makes my life a whole lot better. Haha I just needed to brag a little about it. hug2.gif

Nice! Good folks on here, glad I've had the chance to meet several of them.

As for me, my day was made by earning an extra 30 bucks running the clock & scoreboard for a middle school football game. My life is that exciting, folks.

laugh.gif

The following didn't make my day but the mention of middle school made me remember...

Today at the junior high I teach at I was giving an English speaking test (one-by-one) to the 9th graders. This kid comes up to me to take his test and asks me in Japanese if he could take the test in Japanese. I said to him in English, "Really?" In Japanese he told me that he can't speak English. So I asked him if he understood the word "really?" He said yes. I then asked him if he understood "No". He said yes. I then said (straight-faced but not angry or annoyed) ,"Ok. No. You can't take the test in Japanese. It's an ENGLISH test." He meekly apologized. Yes, I may be a cheeky, cruel bastard but shit man, the balls on the kid for asking to take an ENGLISH SPEAKING TEST in Japanese!

Epilogue: After he left the room I heard him in the hall talking to his buddies about it. He told them that he asked me if he could take the test in Japanese. They were laughing at him and called him "baka" (stupid). Oh, of course, he failed the test miserably.

That didn't make my day but it did make me laugh a little.

Edited by JohnnyBlaze

QUOTE (Territorial_Game @ Sep 14 2012, 03:32 PM)
I was substitute teaching for a an elementary PE class today, so while they were running and playing, I had a mix of Rush/Maiden/DT/Metallica going. Gotta get the important aspects of education in the schools.

dude that made MY day. nice!