What made your day today? v.2

1-0-0-1-0-0-1

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Jul 2 2010, 07:33 PM)
QUOTE (Mara @ Jul 1 2010, 06:11 PM)
The meth-heads are gone!  The meth-heads are gone!  Arrested yesterday for probation violations!  Woo-hoo! common001.gif  common001.gif  common001.gif  common001.gif

Is there anything more fun than real-life "COPS" episodes on your street? Nope. 653.gif

Oh, it was classic. One of my neighbors has been keeping very close tabs on the goings on there. The other night, he watched a car pull up and disgorge four people, one of whom had an enormous duffel bag. He was on the phone to the cops immediately.

Yes, they were headed to Casa Meth, and yes, the duffel bag was full of drugs and paraphernalia.

COPS, indeed.

My hair. Really. I decided to go blond a few months ago and it has taken three tries to reach the right shade. I went in yesterday for blonding treatment #3 and in six more weeks I'll go in for #4. I hated the first gal/salon but seriously love, like, wub.gif love my new now forever stylist. She has done an awesome job.

Getting, and watching, Beyond the Lighted Stage.

Perhaps even better is the fact that my local HMV actually had a large number in stock. Bit different to when the R30 DVD was due out - I went into the same place to ask about it and got the reaction "Who are Rush?" from the assistant.

I had a great night with three good friends. We watched the fireworks show, got stuck in traffic (for a small city we have a lot of people!), shot fireworks in South Carolina, and then rode around at highish speeds, talking and laughing and all kinds of stuff. Two of them are moving in a little over a week, so if this ends up being the last time I get to see them for a long time, I'm glad we were able to enjoy it together.

This was definitely the best night I've had in *thinks*... several years. I've spent the night with friends and stuff, but this was different. Plus, the memories are gonna stick. I was in a good mood when I left, which changed to a great mood with a few minutes of a Green Day video and then the fireworks, and from there my mood kinda hovered around God Tier status. The best part: none of us were drunk/high/anything... well, naturally high, but you get the point.

Going back to reality tomorrow is going to suck. laugh.gif

QUOTE (Xanadu93 @ Jul 4 2010, 11:27 PM)
I had a great night with three good friends. We watched the fireworks show, got stuck in traffic (for a small city we have a lot of people!), shot fireworks in South Carolina, and then rode around at highish speeds, talking and laughing and all kinds of stuff. Two of them are moving in a little over a week, so if this ends up being the last time I get to see them for a long time, I'm glad we were able to enjoy it together.

This was definitely the best night I've had in *thinks*... several years. I've spent the night with friends and stuff, but this was different. Plus, the memories are gonna stick. I was in a good mood when I left, which changed to a great mood with a few minutes of a Green Day video and then the fireworks, and from there my mood kinda hovered around God Tier status. The best part: none of us were drunk/high/anything... well, naturally high, but you get the point.

Sounds like a great night, Zanny. Good for you! 653.gif

We had a good 4th, too. Got my mom totally loaded. She enjoyed the fireworks A LOT!!! laugh.gif She needed to let loose. She hugged us a lot. A LOT!!! unsure.gif

At any rate, Bedford puts on one hell of a fireworks display. One of the best in the state. We sat around the pool, cooked out, ate a ton of food and enjoyed each other's company. It was a great night. trink39.gif

QUOTE (sullysue @ Jul 5 2010, 12:58 AM)
QUOTE (Xanadu93 @ Jul 4 2010, 11:27 PM)

Sounds like a great night, Zanny. Good for you! 653.gif

We had a good 4th, too. Got my mom totally loaded. She enjoyed the fireworks A LOT!!! laugh.gif She needed to let loose. She hugged us a lot. A LOT!!! unsure.gif

At any rate, Bedford puts on one hell of a fireworks display. One of the best in the state. We sat around the pool, cooked out, ate a ton of food and enjoyed each other's company. It was a great night. trink39.gif

Sully, we're coming to visit YOU next year!!! Sounds like it was a blast! We watched little league all weekend.

Last night my 4-year-old wanted to listen to Rush so he put in a Rush DVD (nevermind that I was watching tv). He loves to watch the guys play and really loves the music. He has his favorite songs too. YYZ is his favorite. So as we were listening and watching the guys I thought I'd start teaching him their names and a little bit about the instruments they play. "Who is that?" "DADA!" "Noooo.... his name is Geddy. He plays the bass." "Who is that?" "DADA!" "Noooo... that's Neil. He plays the drums." He has always loved Alex. The kid is fascinated by the guitar. The minute he saw Alex he had to run and find my mom's old guitar. Nothing else would do. He dragged the guitar to the tv and tried his hardest to strum whenever Alex was shown on the screen.

It was a whole lot of wub.gif when I saw that.

QUOTE (Janie @ Jul 6 2010, 06:05 AM)
Last night my 4-year-old wanted to listen to Rush so he put in a Rush DVD (nevermind that I was watching tv). He loves to watch the guys play and really loves the music. He has his favorite songs too. YYZ is his favorite. So as we were listening and watching the guys I thought I'd start teaching him their names and a little bit about the instruments they play. "Who is that?" "DADA!" "Noooo.... his name is Geddy. He plays the bass." "Who is that?" "DADA!" "Noooo... that's Neil. He plays the drums." He has always loved Alex. The kid is fascinated by the guitar. The minute he saw Alex he had to run and find my mom's old guitar. Nothing else would do. He dragged the guitar to the tv and tried his hardest to strum whenever Alex was shown on the screen.

It was a whole lot of  wub.gif when I saw that.

Awesome!! applaudit.gif

Show him this. biggrin.gif

My husband just got a job offer, in his chosen field, for an insane amount of money.

I am numb.

QUOTE (Mara @ Jul 6 2010, 10:50 AM)
My husband just got a job offer, in his chosen field, for an insane amount of money.
I am numb.

WOOHOO! That is awesome. Way to go Mr. Mara. applaudit.gif

QUOTE (Alsgalpal @ Jul 6 2010, 05:08 PM)
I got the job interview next Monday at 10:30 for the assistant manager position I've been aiming for. new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

Congrats and good luck smile.gif