What made your day today? v.2

1-0-0-1-0-0-1

On the way to see Brian Wilson on the Pet Sounds tour with Mr. blues as my date! We were planning on going, then had to scrap plans due to parental health concerns. Stuff turned out ok so used the goose method of waiting until this afternoon and ended up with cheap front row seats! Good Vibrations, here we come! Edited by blueschica
  • Like 3

On the way to see Brian Wilson on the Pet Sounds tour with Mr. blues as my date! We were planning on going, then had to scrap plans due to parental health concerns. Stuff turned out ok so used the goose method of waiting until this afternoon and ended up with cheap front row seats! Good Vibrations, here we come!

Or not. ARRrgh. Sitting here in sight of the theater, and my husband decides he's in the wrong lane for his favorite parking and starts to back up. The man who' s had one ticket in 42 years of driving, backs up into a van that's honking while I' m going "someone's behind you dear. . . " Crunch. Our car got it the worst, they just have a little scrape. Sigh.Here we sit and wait for the State Police.

Edited by blueschica

On the way to see Brian Wilson on the Pet Sounds tour with Mr. blues as my date! We were planning on going, then had to scrap plans due to parental health concerns. Stuff turned out ok so used the goose method of waiting until this afternoon and ended up with cheap front row seats! Good Vibrations, here we come!

Or not. ARRrgh. Sitting here in sight of the theater, and my husband decides he's in the wrong lane for his favorite parking and starts to back up. The man who' s had one ticket in 42 years of driving, backs up into a van that's honking while I' m going "someone's behind you dear. . . " Crunch. Our car got it the worst, they just have a little scrape. Sigh.Here we sit and wait for the State Police.

Oh dear, how unfortunate! :hug2: It sounds like no one is hurt, and if so I'm glad for that...but I really hope that things get sorted out as well as possible! And in time for you two to attend your concert!

• Like 2

DAMN!!!!

• Like 2

Ř

Oh dear, how unfortunate! :hug2: It sounds like no one is hurt, and if so I'm glad for that...but I really hope that things get sorted out as well as possible! And in time for you two to attend your concert!

DAMN!!!!

Thank you, beanie, JB and ORFie! Car back end is a little smushed but driveable and we made it just before the concert started. It was wonderful and our seats were heavenly. I can see where people get into wanting the first couple rows for all the Rush concerts. It was a redone theater from the 1930's that only held about 1800 people. If the Lifeson Lee project gets going they should come here!

Edited by blueschica
  • Like 4

DAMN!!!!

Thank you, beanie, JB and ORFie! Car back end is a little smushed but driveable and we made it just before the concert started. It was wonderful and our seats were heavenly. I can see where people get into wanting the first couple rows for all the Rush concerts. It was a redone theater from the 1930's that only held about 1800 people. If the Lifeson Lee project gets going

If the Lee/Lifeson Project kicks off they'll need more than an 1800 seater!!!

Glad you had a great time at the gig itself!

• Like 2

I, myself, happen to believe Lee, Lifeson and Peart have given all they NEED to to us fans. If THEY want to, FINE. If not, Like Peart, I'm Fine with THAT ALSO! As it is, Peart [at least] will live the rest of his life IN PAIN. I had temporary Bursitis once from a repetitive job I had a Ford Mo. Co. Knowing what Neil has done since the late 60's, I DO NOT BLAME HIM FOR HIS ATTITUDE towards touring.

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j223/OldRUSHfan/Banana%20World/Banana%20sword.gif

• Like 1

Ř

DAMN!!!!

Thank you, beanie, JB and ORFie! Car back end is a little smushed but driveable and we made it just before the concert started. It was wonderful and our seats were heavenly. I can see where people get into wanting the first couple rows for all the Rush concerts. It was a redone theater from the 1930's that only held about 1800 people. If the Lifeson Lee project gets going they should come here!

I'm so glad that you were able to enjoy the concert in its entirety :) I hope that all of the car stuff is coming along as painlessly as possible now!

• Like 2

On a whim, I remembered my Mom liking Mints. She always had a package in her purse, so always had some to give a kid at church. In the '60s and '70s She usually had CERTS mints that came in a roll, but soon into the '80s, she switched to VELAMINTS, which were sugar free to boot! and since her name was VELDA, the kids started calling them VELDAmints!

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j223/OldRUSHfan/Food%20-Cooking/certs-mints.jpghttp://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j223/OldRUSHfan/Food%20-Cooking/VELDAmints.jpg

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j223/OldRUSHfan/Banana%20World/Joyful%20bouncing%20banana.gif

• Like 1

I found out that EverQuest II is still online, and still running! Tomorrow, I will buy the latest incarnation of the game and also rehook up with regular online playing. Will find out then about how my characters had faired and such. I miss that game!

:banana:

• Like 1

I found out that EverQuest II is still online, and still running! Tomorrow, I will buy the latest incarnation of the game and also rehook up with regular online playing. Will find out then about how my characters had faired and such. I miss that game!

:banana:

Made good on this promise! I've re-activated the game, my set up as far as paying for my activation, and downloaded the Newest expansion set, and went online to review my characters, and they're all still there! Funny thing is, now they allow seven characters, which I'd had to buy another for my first evil character, a Dark Elf Necromancer. WOW! Feels good to be back!

Here's a similar character to my Dark Elf Necromancer...

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j223/OldRUSHfan/Characters/Everquest%20II%20Realm-%20Dark%20Elf%20Necromancer%20sm.jpgDon't know where this one got the Batman gauntlets...

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j223/OldRUSHfan/Banana%20World/Banana%20Gamer.jpg

Edited by OldRUSHfan

Ř

DAMN!!!!

Glad you got to the show!!! So sorry about the crunch!

• Like 1

Sunday - great beach outing with my honey.

Monday - received a very cool 2CD Genesis radio show (Westwood One BBC In Concert). I have some of this stuff via bootleg but it's nice to have the more "official" transcription CDs.

• Like 2

Lorraine's return.

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j223/OldRUSHfan/Banana%20World/cupid%20banana.gif

• Like 2

Finding out that I will have the place all to myself this weekend!! :dweez: :7up:

:smoke: BLAZE away!!!! :blaze: :smoke:

More like :hail: And get some really good sleep. This past week has really tore me up.

• Like 1

As I sit down to a nice outdoor lunch, a ten minute walk from my workplace, in a great small town, I'm reminded that I honestly love my life at the moment, and it appears it is going to keep getting better and better. :) :) :)

It's a wonderful day

Edited by That One Guy
  • Like 6