What made your day today? v.2

1-0-0-1-0-0-1

Through an amazing chain of events, I've just purchased a brand-new 16GB iPad for my autistic son for $100. Someone on the campus where I work won the iPad in a raffle and decided to sell it. When she found out who would be the beneficiary of the iPad, she reduced her price, incredibly, from $450 to $100 because she knows several families with special needs kids, and she just wanted to do something for one of them.

I am still in shock, but happily so. I look forward to setting up the iPad for Stephen to use (there are quite a few autism apps). This will be a big help to my family, I think.

The kicker? The check that I wrote her?

#2112.

smile.gif

QUOTE (GhostGirl @ Oct 7 2010, 11:28 AM)
Through an amazing chain of events, I've just purchased a brand-new 16GB iPad for my autistic son for $100. Someone on the campus where I work won the iPad in a raffle and decided to sell it. When she found out who would be the beneficiary of the iPad, she reduced her price, incredibly, from $450 to $100 because she knows several families with special needs kids, and she just wanted to do something for one of them.

I am still in shock, but happily so. I look forward to setting up the iPad for Stephen to use (there are quite a few autism apps). This will be a big help to my family, I think.

The kicker? The check that I wrote her?

#2112.

smile.gif

Wow. The stars were aligned on this one, and the Syrinx priests were not maligned. 2.gif

Gotta love it when all those things combine to do good for someone. smile.gif

So, I'm posting again, because my oldest son played a great game of football tonight, his team won by a huge margin, and he played so well and had fun.

PLUS, he made FIRST CHAIR in percussion in band today.

I'm so proud of the kid I could pop. yes.gif

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Oct 7 2010, 12:17 PM)
QUOTE (GhostGirl @ Oct 7 2010, 11:28 AM)
Through an amazing chain of events, I've just purchased a brand-new 16GB iPad for my autistic son for $100.  Someone on the campus where I work won the iPad in a raffle and decided to sell it.  When she found out who would be the beneficiary of the iPad, she reduced her price, incredibly, from $450 to $100 because she knows several families with special needs kids, and she just wanted to do something for one of them.

I am still in shock, but happily so.  I look forward to setting up the iPad for Stephen to use (there are quite a few autism apps).  This will be a big help to my family, I think.

The kicker?  The check that I wrote her?

#2112.

smile.gif

Wow. The stars were aligned on this one, and the Syrinx priests were not maligned. 2.gif

And the people were delighted, coming forth to claim their prize! biggrin.gif

(We need to see some pictures of him enjoying it, GG!)

no one in the hospital, at the moment(Mom just got out).

Little brother finally has a job, after searching for 2 years.

Bright, sunny day, and 85 degrees.

I didn't have to send any little people to the office today(they've been sick).

My room mate made a run for dinner, so I didn't have to cook.

and it's payday!

Yup, finally having a good day! bncegrn.gif

I haven't checked my myspace account in at least 3 months. I noticed today that Nicole Kidman added me as a friend. I checked it out and it said it was a verified account. It has like 600K friends. I don't know how she found me. Maybe it was through Metric or Paramore. That's so weird. Cuz I don't remember adding HER. LOL

smile.gif

What made my day today was that MY HOUSE SOLD! We've had it on the market for 7 months, we had a false start with this buyer, but he finally came around and closed on it today. Talk about a weight off the shoulders (and the wallet).

Now we're going to take a breather for about a month before looking for a new house to buy.

My niece is spending the night. She's ill (mono...? yikes!!), so I fixed her some shrimp linguine and we're watching MLB playoffs and I'm helping her with her AP French IV class. We're talking about Ayn Rand, Brave New World, 2112, The Big Red Machine of the 70's, the Brewers,....

Why did she have to grow up so fast? She's going off to college next year....

b_sigh.gif b_sigh.gif b_sigh.gif

got some house crap done, nice dinner and visit with my GF, no stress day for a change. biggrin.gif Edited by ridertoo98

QUOTE (Janie @ Oct 11 2010, 08:45 PM)
After being a blonde for about six months, I am once again a brunette. A very happy brunette. It is the deepest most wonderful brown. I love it.

Tired of the Blonde Maintenance Nightmare? laugh.gif

QUOTE (Mara @ Oct 11 2010, 05:52 PM)
QUOTE (Janie @ Oct 11 2010, 08:45 PM)
After being a blonde for about six months, I am once again a brunette. A very happy brunette. It is the deepest most wonderful brown. I love it.

Tired of the Blonde Maintenance Nightmare? laugh.gif

I liked being a blonde but I never did quite get used to it. Not fully. And the maintenance! Ugh!! I did not like the look of having one-two inch deep, dark, reddish brown roots against blonde, blonde hair. I just felt.... icky with the roots. Besides, I was getting tired of spending $150 every six weeks to get it treated. So I went to the store, bought a box of brown for $8 and couldn't be happier. I even trimmed it up myself and saved about $200. Feelin' good.