What made your day today? v.2

1-0-0-1-0-0-1

QUOTE (snowdogged @ Sep 29 2010, 05:25 PM)
QUOTE (Janie @ Sep 29 2010, 12:50 PM)
MIL was staying with us for a full week. She left this morning and we have the house to ourselves again.

She wears the worst perfume.

I was worried that something bad had happened with you when you had to back out of the captions game, but I never imagined it could be anything as bad as that! ohmy.gif

I know! She comes out twice a year... for the kids birthdays. I wish she would come out only once a year and NOT for birthdays. It's stressful to plan bday parties AND have to entertain an out-of-town guest who insists on doing things at all points in time.

I barely have enough time to do onion shopping.

For anyone wondering, the pantry was well-stocked with all things onion. White onions, sweet onions, red onions, onion powder, onion soup mix, frozen pearl onions in the freezer... I tortured her though and only used a tiny bit of onion in a few dishes. Mwahaha, haha, haha.

QUOTE (Janie @ Sep 30 2010, 01:19 PM)
QUOTE (snowdogged @ Sep 29 2010, 05:25 PM)
QUOTE (Janie @ Sep 29 2010, 12:50 PM)
MIL was staying with us for a full week. She left this morning and we have the house to ourselves again.

She wears the worst perfume.

I was worried that something bad had happened with you when you had to back out of the captions game, but I never imagined it could be anything as bad as that! ohmy.gif

I know! She comes out twice a year... for the kids birthdays. I wish she would come out only once a year and NOT for birthdays. It's stressful to plan bday parties AND have to entertain an out-of-town guest who insists on doing things at all points in time.

I barely have enough time to do onion shopping.

For anyone wondering, the pantry was well-stocked with all things onion. White onions, sweet onions, red onions, onion powder, onion soup mix, frozen pearl onions in the freezer... I tortured her though and only used a tiny bit of onion in a few dishes. Mwahaha, haha, haha.

Wondered where you've been!

Does she wear one of those old-lady perfumes? Those are ick.

Glad you have some relative peace and quiet again. Yeah, if you ever do decide to have another young'un, you might try planning so that the birthday falls within a few days or a week of one sibling. That way you wouldn't have to worry about a THIRD scheduled yearly visit!

That whole onion thing always cracks me up!

Edited by Mara

I got a personalized greeting card from Corey Haim's mother.

She liked the poem I sent her. I'd totally fogotten about that thing.

It made up for the nasty week I've been having.

A couple customers were completely blown away by the company I work for and the way we do business, and were very grateful to me for simply selling them something. Moments like that make my work day worthwhile every time.

QUOTE (Amsco @ Sep 30 2010, 07:13 PM)
A couple customers were completely blown away by the company I work for and the way we do business, and were very grateful to me for simply selling them something. Moments like that make my work day worthwhile every time.

talk is cheap. i prefer a nice bottle of wine sent over. laugh.gif

QUOTE (Janie @ Oct 1 2010, 05:55 PM)
Grocery clerk: "How are you doing today?"
Four-year-old-son: "My mom doesn't have a weiner!"
Me:  unsure.gif
Me: 'It's.... It's true."
Grocery clerk:  laugh.gif

rofl3.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif Oh wow, nothing like a kid with newfound anatomical knowledge!

Edited by Mara

My band played a gig last night, and the guitarist in the other band playing was an old college friend that I haven't seen in about six years. That was such a great surprise for both of us.

1st song on the radio was Rush, made some $$$ at work, won at pool, kids were good. Talked to GF for a bit. Last song when I got home was Rush. Was a good day. biggrin.gif Edited by ridertoo98

Well it was yesterday... Got up and it was raining biggrin.gif Sat in the hot tub for sunrise in the rain, had a really good day at work, sun came out and it was a beautiful day.. Then the sun set was awesome... Miss you Mom....