What made your day today? v.2

1-0-0-1-0-0-1

Insanely busy, but in a good way. You know how it's almost kind of fun when there's a group of people frantically collaborating to meet a project deadline? Everyone's stressed, but we are all getting along fine and no one's yelling or screaming or dumping on anyone else. It's nuts, but it's really sort of cool at the same time.

Our kitty (Kermy Jones) has been pretty sick. Things are hopefully looking better but something has happened recently that cracks me up. As in, I laugh so hard, I snort.

Kermy...

http://i378.photobucket.com/albums/oo228/LifesonPics/CopyofCopyofPicture130.jpg

Has to be injected once daily with 150ml of a liquid solution to stay hydrated. I have to grab the scruff of his neck, insert the needle and let the water pool in under the skin (I don't actually inject right into a vein). What happens is the water pools up and forms a giant water balloon under his skin. It travels. I kid you not. The water likes to pool up into his upper left arm. It looks like Popeye's forearm when it's full and a deflated camel hump when it's empty. The skin has actually stretched to the point that he has this wobbly flab of a deflated Popeye arm. It is the funniest damn thing. It totally wobbles all over the place when he walks. Cracks. Me. Up.

<3 ^^

>^.^<

cat related here too

Happens every night when I come home from work lately. I'm greeted by Vish who tells me everything that happened while I was gone, my evening Starbucks in hand I walk up the side stairs and am greeted by more than faint aromas of honeysuckle on a light breeze.

I'm home.

QUOTE (Janie @ Sep 20 2010, 04:33 PM)
Our kitty (Kermy Jones) has been pretty sick. Things are hopefully looking better but something has happened recently that cracks me up. As in, I laugh so hard, I snort.

Kermy...

http://i378.photobucket.com/albums/oo228/LifesonPics/CopyofCopyofPicture130.jpg

Has to be injected once daily with 150ml of a liquid solution to stay hydrated. I have to grab the scruff of his neck, insert the needle and let the water pool in under the skin (I don't actually inject right into a vein). What happens is the water pools up and forms a giant water balloon under his skin. It travels. I kid you not. The water likes to pool up into his upper left arm. It looks like Popeye's forearm when it's full and a deflated camel hump when it's empty. The skin has actually stretched to the point that he has this wobbly flab of a deflated Popeye arm. It is the funniest damn thing. It totally wobbles all over the place when he walks. Cracks. Me. Up.

I'm so glad he's improved some!

Yeah, I've water-ballooned a few dogs with pancreatitis before (not mine - I used to be a vet tech). You don't stop at one spot, though. Once one area's full, you move the needle and start over. Rinse, repeat. I've seen some hugely water-inflated dogs before and it IS funny, or it would be, if they weren't so sick to begin with.

What made my day is that the worst part of the Fire Drill Project From Hell is over. I have never in my life done so much zoning research, peeled through so many municipal ordinances, and mapped so many sites so fast in my life. And I had help, too - I could NOT have done 32 sites without the rest of the crew grabbing and doing what they could.

I left work at 8pm last night. It feels a treat to be home at 6. Nine more left, but we have till Friday to finish.

I found out that, despite the fact that an important English paper is due tomorrow and I can't actually go to school, I can turn it in on Tuesday. biggrin.gif

College is awesome. yes.gif

In class today I correctly palpated my way across the clavicle to the scapula, all around that to both the Acromioclavicular Joint (AC) and Sternoclavicular Joints (SC) joints and correctly identified all the landmarks and regions of each bone as I palpated. Including the Coracoid Process and the Glenohumeral joint... on the FIRST try!

My prof was impressed biggrin.gif

I love Syndesmology and Arthrology... I may end up specializing in it sometime after this program.

Bring on the Palpation Mid Term... Im gonna ace it!!!

1022.gif

QUOTE (Ya_Big_Tree @ Sep 23 2010, 04:35 PM)
In class today I correctly palpated my way across the clavicle to the scapula, all around that to both the Acromioclavicular Joint (AC) and Sternoclavicular Joints (SC) joints and correctly identified all the landmarks and regions of each bone as I palpated. Including the Coracoid Process and the Glenohumeral joint... on the FIRST try!

My prof was impressed biggrin.gif

I love Syndesmology and Arthrology... I may end up specializing in it sometime after this program.

Bring on the Palpation Mid Term... Im gonna ace it!!! 

1022.gif

new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif old.gif Very Nice.. 653.gif

Take NO Prisoners @ Mid Term 1287.gif ACE All the Way!! 1022.gif

Woke up, and realized that I am just a few hours away from hopping a plane to Austin, TX. I will spend some time with my oldest friend and her beautiful family, then zip to Dallas for one last Rush show this tour! Second row, Geddy's side for tickets! Oh yes, today is good... cool.gif

And Sunday will be even better! common001.gif