What made your day today? v.2

1-0-0-1-0-0-1

Just found out Showtime will have their own internet service to compete with HBO Now and it comes next month. HBO has better movies, though. Apart from old Universal and live action Disney movies, their selection is nothing to write home about.

Some good ones, though. Apparently, Schindler's List is on Showtime next month and I have yet to see that movie. That's going on my watchlist.

Just found out Showtime will have their own internet service to compete with HBO Now and it comes next month. HBO has better movies, though. Apart from old Universal and live action Disney movies, their selection is nothing to write home about.

Some good ones, though. Apparently, Schindler's List is on Showtime next month and I have yet to see that movie. That's going on my watchlist.

Schindler's List is my all time favourite movie.

Nothing comes close. My family (including my 76 year old dad) were in german concentration camps, for three years and not one died. Sure...damage was done but how they survived I will never know (tbf, they weren't sent to death camps). This film I have been told comes as close to a first hand experience as one is likely to get, and emotionally it is heartrending.

The novel is very messy (but worth it for the history).

I got my tickets today! http://emoticoner.com/files/emoticons/smileys/happy-smiley.gif

I learned that Geddy has a dog named Stanley, which is my dog's name.

Both of my sons finished their school years yesterday- and both of them earned straight A's. My older son received a President's Education Award for having earned straight A's throughout all of his schooling thus far (he's eleven years old)...and for my younger son, these grades were a first-time occurrence.

I've never put pressure on them to achieve, to that extent- they are doing this entirely on their own. I couldn't be more proud of them.

• Like 7

Both of my sons finished their school years yesterday- and both of them earned straight A's. My older son received a President's Education Award for having earned straight A's throughout all of his schooling thus far (he's eleven years old)...and for my younger son, these grades were a first-time occurrence.

I've never put pressure on them to achieve, to that extent- they are doing this entirely on their own. I couldn't be more proud of them.

Sounds like they had some good support along the way, though! Congrats!!

• Like 3

Sounds like they had some good support along the way, though! Congrats!!

Thank you for saying so. :)

• Like 4

It was last night,

I was at work and went out back to take a break and found a branch off of a birch tree. It is perfect for a walking stick for fishing/hiking. After taking a closer look at it today I noticed some really cool images on it. Going to strip off most of the bark but leave a little for a natural look. A work in progress for sure. :)

• Like 1

My R40 box set is scheduled for today. Apparently it came from Newark, USA, over to Sedgefield, UK, back to Newark, USA and then to Stansted airport in London. Although right now it's only 3 hours away :dweez: so hopefully it doesn't go back to America again...
  • Like 1

My R40 box set is scheduled for today. Apparently it came from Newark, USA, over to Sedgefield, UK, back to Newark, USA and then to Stansted airport in London. Although right now it's only 3 hours away :dweez: so hopefully it doesn't go back to America again...

Can you get frequent flyer miles for that box set? :D

Edited by x1yyz
  • Like 2

My wife surprised me with a shirt she bought. It's a slim fit shirt that accentuates my sculpted torso, and really opens up the "gun" show for all to see. Her idea. Something to wear when playing Disc Golf during the summer, as I throw 400 ft bombs or deftly putt 25 ft from the basket. Typically, I've always been very conservative with my dress in terms of that kind of thing, Loose fitting shirts, baggy shorts. However, she said I need to work it...'cause I still got it.

This is what I normally wear, now I've got some new digs

http://www.discgolfscene.com/coursepictures/50419_m.jpg

Edited by Tombstone Mountain
  • Like 2

My wife surprised me with a shirt she bought. It's a slim fit shirt that accentuates my sculpted torso, and really opens up the "gun" show for all to see. Her idea. Something to wear when playing Disc Golf during the summer, as I throw 400 ft bombs or deftly putt from 25 ft from the basket. Typically, I've always been very conservative with my dress in terms of that kind of thing, Loose fitting shirts, baggy shorts. However, she said I need to work it...'cause I still got it.

This is what I normally wear, now I've got some new digs

http://www.discgolfscene.com/coursepictures/50419_m.jpg

Right on...I'm big on the loose-fitting stuff lately, too. Every once in awhile I'll break out something tighter. I'm not sure why, though, haha.

Nice view of autumn in the Smokies, in that pic.

• Like 2

After a humiliating game of season-ending playoff baseball in which my son was thrown out at home not once, but twice, I took him to have his first Big Mac.

http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg293/goose_trf/Todd.BigMac_zpsgx4n9qbi.jpeg

Full story here:

http://www.therushforum.com/index.php?/topic/94046-columbus-oh-periscope-thread-june-8th/page__st__160#entry3595127

Edited by goose
  • Like 5

Someone I met because of Rush is in bad shape financially due to health problems and thought he would not be able to see the band but a few of us pooled some money together and today I found out that he now has a ticket. I helped two people see Rush on this tour and it feels good. :D
  • Like 9