What made your day today? v.2

1-0-0-1-0-0-1

First day of school actually went pretty well. smile.gif

Edit: Oh and four days until RUSH! 653.gif 1022.gif

Edited by neil#2

Well, pleasant surprise at the gym over the past few days!

Since I've been unable to row after dislocating my artificial hip in January, my exercise has been severely curtailed - I still work out like a fiend, but it's been ALL spin bike, all the time. Desperately boring, even with the TV/DVD player, and truthfully, my ass hurts. ohmy.gif

So I was fussed about losing upper body strength, which is a HUGE benefit of rowing. I decided to get a pass to the gym I used to belong to - maybe I could use the weights to at least maintain some strength until I have my surgery in January. Also their bikes are more comfortable.

I used to bodybuild (about 7-8 years ago) competitively. About 4 years ago I totally burned out on weightlifting and abandoned it. Rowing kept me plenty fit and toned.

Amazingly, I have lost VERY little strength/muscle endurance since the last time I hit the weight room. Minimally sore, even upper bod. new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

QUOTE (Mara @ Aug 25 2010, 08:27 PM)
Well, pleasant surprise at the gym over the past few days!

Since I've been unable to row after dislocating my artificial hip in January, my exercise has been severely curtailed - I still work out like a fiend, but it's been ALL spin bike, all the time. Desperately boring, even with the TV/DVD player, and truthfully, my ass hurts. ohmy.gif

So I was fussed about losing upper body strength, which is a HUGE benefit of rowing. I decided to get a pass to the gym I used to belong to - maybe I could use the weights to at least maintain some strength until I have my surgery in January. Also their bikes are more comfortable.

I used to bodybuild (about 7-8 years ago) competitively. About 4 years ago I totally burned out on weightlifting and abandoned it. Rowing kept me plenty fit and toned.

Amazingly, I have lost VERY little strength/muscle endurance since the last time I hit the weight room. Minimally sore, even upper bod. new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

That's fantastic Mara. 653.gif

The three Peregrine Falcon chicks that hatched at the end of May in their nest behind our prep lab finally flew the coup today.

It was fun watching them get bigger throughout summer as they now prepare for their epic flight south probably with their parents, who built the nest last summer.

I will miss their falcon screetches when they're gone.

Watching Aaron Rodgers and Super-TE Jermichael Finley make the Colts defense look really, really BAD.....LOL!!!

Finley is the BOMB. 6' 5", 250lbs.....no one can cover him....

http://s4.hubimg.com/u/2239483_f520.jpg

QUOTE (-D-RocK- @ Aug 26 2010, 06:32 PM)
The three Peregrine Falcon chicks that hatched at the end of May in their nest behind our prep lab finally flew the coup today.

It was fun watching them get bigger throughout summer as they now prepare for their epic flight south probably with their parents, who built the nest last summer.

I will miss their falcon screetches when they're gone.

Where I work, in SE Minnesota, we have a peregrine nest on the rooftop. Three chicks last year and this year. They all went south several weeks ago. The pair should be back in March/April, and the chicks usually hatch by mid-May.

Awesome to watch the chicks grow via the nest-cam. They grow FAST!!

biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

Driving to work today, going slow, looking for the Deer crossing the road and the sun in my eyes, seen 2 small groups of Deer which can be a normal morning.

THEN, there he was, as I crested Blue Hill and started down the other side just standing in the middle of the road, was a 400 to 500 pound Black Bear.. ohmy.gif

yes.gif new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif 653.gif Very Cool Morning Indeed.. th1245.gif

QUOTE (rushlady23 @ Aug 27 2010, 10:25 AM)
QUOTE (Janie @ Aug 27 2010, 11:08 AM)
Kermy the kitty is hanging in there.

Skinny, but hanging in there.

new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif Yay Kermy! cheer.gif cat.gif

Snapped this photo last night:

http://i378.photobucket.com/albums/oo228/LifesonPics/ConsandKerms.jpg

I was in Connor's room snapping pics of him playing and Kerms came in and curled up on the monkey bean bag. Kermy is the kind of cat everyone loves. Even if someone is a cat hater when they enter, they leave a cat lover.

QUOTE (Janie @ Aug 28 2010, 09:24 AM)

I was in Connor's room snapping pics of him playing and Kerms came in and curled up on the monkey bean bag. Kermy is the kind of cat everyone loves. Even if someone is a cat hater when they enter, they leave a cat lover.

What a cutie-patootie! (Baby and kitty!)

Oh, I miss baby days. sad.gif

Mine are SO big. For reference see the Pictures of You thread...

As for what's making my day - my sweet mother (who is hugely helpful with Stephen, even at her age) kept him last night so we could spend some time with Kerry just bumming around, and then I have all day today to do whatever I like.

It's a rare treat.

Last full day of work after another three week grind.

Then 23 days off......with a 2.gif show tossed in.

Road trippin' Thursday morning at 06 00 sharp.

Things is lookin' up.

653.gif

QUOTE (Janie @ Aug 28 2010, 10:24 AM)

He's a people kitty, and Connor looks like one happy little boy yes.gif wub.gif