What made your day today? v.2

1-0-0-1-0-0-1

26 minutes ago, Nova Carmina said:

Today is my 28th wedding anniversary! That seems a very long time . . . 

I'd ask her out all over again!

:wub:

Congratulations, Mr and Mrs Nova!

It was my 14th wedding anniversary last Monday, but as we`re only a fortnight from wrapping up our divorce it felt inappropriate to celebrate too much. :laugh:

Edited by IbanezJem
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Nova Carmina said:

Best wishes on your big day! :wave:

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Nova Carmina said:

Happy anniversary! :heart::heart: I bet you're both glad you asked. :smile:

• Like 1

21 hours ago, IbanezJem said:

Congratulations, Mr and Mrs Nova!

It was my 14th wedding anniversary last Monday, but as we`re only a fortnight from wrapping up our divorce it felt inappropriate to celebrate too much. :laugh:

Don't smile because it's over, cry because it happened.   :wink:

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, IbanezJem said:

Have you considered a job at Hallmark? :clap:

No, but I had a cousin who managed a Successories for a while.

In case they don't have those over there, it's your kind of place.:wink:

https://www.successories.com

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, laughedatbytime said:

No, but I had a cousin who managed a Successories for a while.

In case they don't have those over there, it's your kind of place.:wink:

https://www.successories.com

Just to spite me, she got me a birthday card with "I love you to the Moon and back" the other year. I weep for humanity! :facepalm:

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, IbanezJem said:

Just to spite me, she got me a birthday card with "I love you to the Moon and back" the other year. I weep for humanity! :facepalm:

That's gotta hurt.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Sun & Moon said:

I had the greatest weekend with my  fiancé. :wub:

To be more precise, he took great care of my Geddy Lee Jazz Bass: the disturbing buzz of the A string is now fixed, intonation set, every screw tightened, pots checked, body polished with a soft cloth and a strap lock attached. The action is set low. The Geddy is now even better than after its first visit at a guitar tech/luthier after I got the bass from the factory a year ago.

That's how to pamper a lady. :wub:

(I didn't mind the start of the day with a Time Machine tour live in Cleveland 2011, a nice promenade together, enjoying tasty food in a cozy restaurant and having him cheer me at the gym, either. He's an absolute gem. :heart:)

Edited by Sun & Moon
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Sun & Moon said:

To be more precise, he took great care of my Geddy Lee Jazz Bass: the disturbing buzz of the A string is now fixed, intonation set, every screw tightened, pots checked, body polished with a soft cloth and a strap lock attached. The action is set low. The Geddy is now even better than after its first visit at a guitar tech/luthier after I got the bass from the factory a year ago.

That's how to pamper a lady. :wub:

(I didn't mind the start of the day with a Time Machine tour live in Cleveland 2011, a nice promenade together, enjoying tasty food in a cozy restaurant and having him cheer me at the gym, either. He's an absolute gem. :heart:)

I`m so happy for you! :hug2: What a lovely change from last year! :yes:

• Like 1

10 hours ago, IbanezJem said:

I`m so happy for you! :hug2: What a lovely change from last year! :yes:

Thank you! :hug2: I'm really happy. :heart::happy:

I got a new, skilled bass teacher!  :happy::cheer: The one I had was very nice as well, but I had to take a train and travel two hours to get there and two hours to come home. The new one teaches in the city I live in, so it takes about ten minutes to walk there. I will now have lessons twice a month so as I do my homework my playing should be advancing a lot. :smile:

Edited by Sun & Moon
  • Like 2

Wisconsin State Assembly Speaker Robin Vos has finally fired the overtly corrupt con-artist Michael Gableman from his job of "searching for voter fraud".

The pathologically dishonest human version of Foghorn Leghorn bilked the Assembly and taxpayers out of many thousands of dollars during his scam quest to find fraud in the 2020 Presidential election.  He still faces criminal and legal action due to his incompetent scam, which turned up NOTHING.

Wisconsin says THANK YOU!!  

:thumbsup:  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:

• Like 2

On 7/19/2022 at 5:55 PM, HomesickAlien said:

Despite the high heat and humidity, I took a walk around a pond at the local park this afternoon. There's a sidewalk around it that forms a one mile loop. I saw ducks and geese, as well as great blue herons. There's also a pavilion under which barn swallows nest. Even though I live on the edge of town, I'm no longer living "in the country", so this is always a nice area to go for a walk.

This place is frequented mostly by dog walkers and joggers. Everyone walking a dog appeared to be enjoying themselves, and were quite friendly, but all of the joggers looked absolutely miserable. I passed one woman twice, saying hello with each pass, and she said nothing in return. Didn't even look at me. She had a very determined look on her face, though. :laugh:

Brace yourselves.

Today at the park I saw not only great egrets but a fine blooming specimen of Lobelia cardinalis.

Now that I've exposed myself as a plant nerd I'll be on my way.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, HomesickAlien said:

Brace yourselves.

Today at the park I saw not only great egrets but a fine blooming specimen of Lobelia cardinalis.

Now that I've exposed myself as a plant nerd I'll be on my way.

That's so cool! Lobelias are beautiful.

• Like 1

My conscience tells me that I must try to stop this madness.  We did not have the moral right to attack another country, especially the people closest to us.

This is an army that bullies its own soldiers, those who have already been in the war, those who do not want to return there and die for something they don’t even understand.

I will tell you a secret. The majority in the army, they are dissatisfied with what is happening there, they are dissatisfied with the government and their command, they are dissatisfied with Putin and his policies, they are dissatisfied with the Minister of Defense who did not serve in the army.

The main enemy of all Russians and Ukrainians is propaganda, which just further fuels hatred in people.

I can no longer watch all this happen and remain silent.

— Russian paratrooper Pavel Filatyev, who recently escaped into Latvia

:thumbsup:  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:

Edited by Principled Man
  • Like 1

Rep from the roofing company called this morning.  The lazy jerks (4 days work a week)  who the City subcontracts to handle building and other permits finished their business, and work to re-roof the house. finally starts on Friday.  If my next door neighbor's new roof job was any indication, there will be a 3-5 day gap for a mid-job approval by these wankers before shingles are put on, delaying what would normally be a 3-4 day job.  But at least it's starting, thank goodness.

So, the technician from AT&T/DirecTV shows up to check the satellite dish, which I thought the roofing workers knocked out of alignment yesterday.  Turns out it wasn't just an alignment problem, but the dish itself was shot from being old (10+, maybe 15  + years).  He unbolts everything installs a new dish, switching one of anchor points to the house (concrete block).  All is well, bring on the football!

• Like 1