What made your day today? v.2

1-0-0-1-0-0-1

On 7/7/2022 at 2:55 PM, IbanezJem said:

It`s a good day when the worst PM in British history is forced to leave office. I am pleased that we have a system whereby a maniac with no scruples, that has lied in every job he`s ever had, cheated on every partner, trested the public and parliament with contempt, can be forced to resign. :yes:

I thought he was forced to give up the leadership of his party, and that his term as PM is ending at some point in the future when a new party leader is chosen?

2 minutes ago, Rick N. Backer said:

I thought he was forced to give up the leadership of his party, and that his term as PM is ending at some point in the future when a new party leader is chosen?

Yes, BoJo is still PM for now as his party sets the process forward to pick his replacement.

2 minutes ago, Rick N. Backer said:

Indeed, `cept he won't get to choose the timescale - it will be sooner. Events move faster here as there's nothing quite like the Tories for brutal backstabbing. His new wife will now not be getting her wedding party this month; she was yesterday evening. Also, a General Election could be called as soon as the new leader emerges, as they will want their own mandate.

• Like 1

On 7/7/2022 at 11:55 AM, IbanezJem said:

It`s a good day when the worst PM in British history is forced to leave office. 

Worse than Neville Chamberlain?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, goose said:

Worse than Neville Chamberlain?

He was naive. Johnson is abhorrent in every way. Honestly, we should just cast a hologram of Viscount Palmerston onto Big Ben for effective leadership at this point. :facepalm:

17 hours ago, goose said:

Kazakhstan is now notable for someone other than Borat.

Congrats to Elena Rybakina!

Hmmmm, women's tennis...yummy.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, invisible airwave said:

Nice to see a local historical landmark reconstructed and open finally.  I'm sure Randy Newman loves it.

I thought I was seeing two of those classic sea serpent monsters from stories from long ago, with their long snakelike bodies curving out of the water....

:biggrin:  :biggrin:

• Haha 1

Redoing the back patio.  I tore out the very old privacy fence as well as several in-ground 4x4's and 4x6's around the back of the house. 

The two local refuse dumpster companies wanted over 300 and even 400 bucks for their smallest long dumpster.  NO WAY!!  

I cut up the long lumber and made four trips to the landfill, which is minutes away.  Four trunkfuls cost me $62.00!   :thumbsup:

• Like 3

After being dragged into a pit of despair last night by two horribly petty human beings, having my bucket filled by a dozen wonderfully gracious and appreciative Lodge members.   [Most] folks are basically decent...even better than decent

• Like 2

On 7/12/2022 at 3:54 PM, Principled Man said:

Redoing the back patio.  I tore out the very old privacy fence as well as several in-ground 4x4's and 4x6's around the back of the house. 

The two local refuse dumpster companies wanted over 300 and even 400 bucks for their smallest long dumpster.  NO WAY!!  

I cut up the long lumber and made four trips to the landfill, which is minutes away.  Four trunkfuls cost me $62.00!   :thumbsup:

We never had problems like this when I was a kid. We lived in the boonies and my father always had a huge hole dug out back next to the field. He threw all manner of debris into that pit. When it was full he would cover it up and dig a new one!

I just hope the people who live there now don't have a garden on that spot. :unsure:

• Like 2

Despite the high heat and humidity, I took a walk around a pond at the local park this afternoon. There's a sidewalk around it that forms a one mile loop. I saw ducks and geese, as well as great blue herons. There's also a pavilion under which barn swallows nest. Even though I live on the edge of town, I'm no longer living "in the country", so this is always a nice area to go for a walk.

This place is frequented mostly by dog walkers and joggers. Everyone walking a dog appeared to be enjoying themselves, and were quite friendly, but all of the joggers looked absolutely miserable. I passed one woman twice, saying hello with each pass, and she said nothing in return. Didn't even look at me. She had a very determined look on her face, though. :laugh:

• Like 1

Didn't feel like lunch at home yesterday, went to the local watering hole for wings and beers. As I'm leaving the parking lot to go into the bar I hear a cheery "hey PJ!". It was one of my old workmates who also frequents this place, along with her teenaged daughter. We talked for a bit before they grabbed a table and I took a seat at the bar.  Work is apparently the same zoo it always was, and I told her tell the rest of he crew I'm still standing. 

2 hours ago, Weakly Criminal said:

Disraeli? He really ground my gears. 

:rimshot:

Out of all the jokes you could have made, you thought that one was the creem of the crop?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Seems Alex Jones' lawyer accidentally sent all of his text messages to the lawyer(s) for the Sandy Hook families and they proved he perjured himself. Someone Tweeted this which both made my day and made me laugh. 

Alex Jones’ cell phone is everything Republicans dreamed Hunter Biden’s laptop would be.

• Like 1