What made your day today? v.2

1-0-0-1-0-0-1

A Jethro Tull song made your day today, treeduck?

I am happy to hear that! I have three vinyl records and four CDs, really great music!

But when guests visit, they don't request JT, it's mostly in-house listening :smile:

• Like 1

I wouldn't say it made my day, exactly, but I did smile and feel a pep in my step when I went to buy a bike lock so I can keep my golf push cart in the back of my truck, and I found one with the combination "2112"!

• Like 3

I helped a small snapping turtle cross the road. There was swampy ground off to one side so I assume that's where he was going. I put him far off the road into the reeds and gave him a nudge.

It doesn't take much to make my day!

• Like 5

4 hours ago, HomesickAlien said:

I helped a small snapping turtle cross the road. There was swampy ground off to one side so I assume that's where he was going. I put him far off the road into the reeds and gave him a nudge.

It doesn't take much to make my day!

It meant a lot to the turtle! That was very kind; they are cool! :thumbsup:

• Like 4

Filing a claim under the new 2022 No Surprises medical billing act.  Me taking this action stems from a ski accident I had in January.

I suffered a concussion and, without my consent or the consent of my non-injured wife, the medical technicians on site at the ski hill decided I should be careflighted to Reno rather than driven five miles to a Tahoe hospital for observation. For months later I get a list of charges from the air ambulance service: $59,000 for the copter plus $14,000 for flight milage (+/- 30 miles).  After insurance they stuck me with a $12,000 out of pocket bill.

Through research ( Google) I found out about the new law.  Here's hoping it bears fruit.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, goose said:

Filing a claim under the new 2022 No Surprises medical billing act.  Me taking this action stems from a ski accident I had in January.

I suffered a concussion and, without my consent or the consent of my non-injured wife, the medical technicians on site at the ski hill decided I should be careflighted to Reno rather than driven five miles to a Tahoe hospital for observation. For months later I get a list of charges from the air ambulance service: $59,000 for the copter plus $14,000 for flight milage (+/- 30 miles).  After insurance they stuck me with a $12,000 out of pocket bill.

Through research ( Google) I found out about the new law.  Here's hoping it bears fruit.

That's a hefty out of pocket. I hope that the new law works for you. Newspaper here ran an article recently about the obscene charges on some questionable air ambulance trips here in PA as well. Glad you are better! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, blueschica said:

That's a hefty out of pocket. I hope that the new law works for you. Newspaper here ran an article recently about the obscene charges on some questionable air ambulance trips here in PA as well. Glad you are better! 

Thanks, BC.  The predatory nature of air "ambulances" is absurb

• Like 2

Holy sh*t goose.

What a shock that must have been. And I bet you are in for a long fight?

If you ever need to start a Gofundme thing, I'll pitch in.

Wow.

(Edit - I saw your initial posts when it occurred. I am pretty sure I commented but it got lost in the shuffle. I too have had a ski accident, but it was nothing like yours).

Edited by Bahamas
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, laughedatbytime said:

Logic returns to the Supreme Court.

Penumbras and emanating hardest hit.

Odd that a concept as fundamental as "inalienable rights" escapes so many.

• Like 1

An outstanding weekend.

Landscaper came by, did a major improvement to my backyard.  Neighbor's plants and vines were overgrown onto the property and intruding into my power and phone lines, and the palm trees along our fences and back wall, planted in the late '80s when we had an above ground swimming pool, were over propagating.  Angel and his crew opened things up, clearing the vines back to the property line and removing half the palm trees down to their bases.  Yard looks a hundred times better.

Dinner and beers at The Funky Biscuit, followed by an incredible concert by YYNOT. 

A good Sunday recovering, concluded by a good Stanley Cup finale.

• Like 2

On 6/16/2022 at 3:39 PM, goose said:

That's predatory bullshit.  I'd also consult with an attorney.

• Like 1

Concert with Santana and Earth Wind & Fire last night  so technically was yesterday.

Still feeling so happy.  It really felt like I had woken from a bad dream, now being able to be with other people laughing and enjoying life.  Want to hold on to this for as long as I can.  :wub:

Edited by Rhyta
  • Like 3

While rummaging through some boxes in the closet I came across some old photos I'd taken of what was then called Route 666 in eastern Arizona. It's a lonely, winding road, but passes through some beautiful mountainous areas. I recall it being a bit spooky, but I think that's only because of the lore associated with it.

I briefly lived in Tucson, and those photos brought back many fond memories. 

I was also reminded of the time I was on I-10 in southern Arizona and experienced some, shall we say, gastrointestinal issues. Not a bathroom for miles! I'll spare you the details of that. 

• Like 1

Finally took down the ancient and rotting wood privacy fence in the back patio.   😃😃

I barely needed a pry bar to pull off the pickets and boards, it was so rotten.   

Home Improvement is the funnest!    

• Like 1

Not sure how to categorize this story….Laugh?  Facepalm?  Sad?  :confused:

I'm in my back yard, and a man and his teenage daughter come over from the local high school ball fields (right behind my back yard).  They have a toddler, not even 2 years old, wearing nothing but her diaper.   Her parents are nowhere to be found.  

They took her down the street to the apartment buildings, but no parents there.  Right after I call the police, the young father comes running down the street to get the girl.  She has figured out how to unlock the doors and leave the house.  Kids these days…. :unsure:

The cops arrive, and we have a brief chat in the driveway.  I go back inside, and the cops continue to chat with the young father, who was quite a bit anxious.  The guy didn’t even look 21.  He and the mother just got a good wake up call!  

• Like 1

The people of Richmond, Virginia had their day made by a Hero Citizen, who helped stop a mass shooting that was planned for July 4th.  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:

The Dogwood Dell Amphitheater was the target.  

https://www.wtvr.com/news/local-news/july-4-mass-shooting-investigation-in-richmond-july-06-2022

• Like 2

I got a message that said they have shipped my Headrush FRFR-112 active monitor. It should be here some day next week. :7up:

My neighbours will appreciate. :no:

• Like 2

It`s a good day when the worst PM in British history is forced to leave office. I am pleased that we have a system whereby a maniac with no scruples, that has lied in every job he`s ever had, cheated on every partner, trested the public and parliament with contempt, can be forced to resign. :yes:

• Like 2

4 hours ago, IbanezJem said:

It`s a good day when the worst PM in British history is forced to leave office. I am pleased that we have a system whereby a maniac with no scruples, that has lied in every job he`s ever had, cheated on every partner, trested the public and parliament with contempt, can be forced to resign. :yes:

The key, of course, is that members of his own party refused to simply go along with it and stood up. It may have been pure self-interest, but they had the nerve to do it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, Nova Carmina said:

The key, of course, is that members of his own party refused to simply go along with it and stood up. It may have been pure self-interest, but they had the nerve to do it.

Had it only been that pure! I think the fact that each MP spent all their constituency time dealing with furious voters who vowed to never vote for Boris again was a factor. If there was a conscience among the Tory MPs they would never have allowed him to lead, but they knew he had just enough of a cabaret act to fool a lot of people. Which still astonishes me, but the fact that everything he says and does is the antithesis of everything I believe... that doesn`t help. Populist leaders always get their comeuppance by the very people who put them there, it just takes longer some places than others.

• Like 1