What made your day today? v.2

1-0-0-1-0-0-1

Plumber just left the house after 7 hours of long needed repair and replacement work. Old stuff was either worn out or clogged with rust and calicification, so it had to be done. New master shut-off valve outside to begin with. New water heater, new undersink shut-off valves and new faucet replacements for both kitchen and master bedroom sinks. New stems, packing and washers for stand alone shower. Everything running fine, no leaks no drips, works great. One of my neighbors even stopped by to get the plumbers company's card as his water heater is tolling the bell of doom. SO glad to get all his stuff done! On to the landscaping and roof replacement. Edited by pjbear05
  • Like 2

Had an absolute blast today at Cars and Coffee, a massive morning (8 am- Noon) car show in West Palm. Shelby American did a row takeover and was there in force with some Cobras, a first generation Ford GT, and a couple of nasty looking Super Snakes, the 825 hp supercharged fabrication project on the Shelby GT. A good bit of everything there-muscle cars, rat rods, trucks, exotics, kit cars, the whole spectrum of automotive perfection.

Another Passover is approching, and with it has arrived another annual joy of the season.

That's right folks, the annual rendition of Coca-Cola Classic Kosher for Passover has arrived!

And if that weren't enough, because I hold a loyalty card from the retailer, if I buy 2 2-liter bottles, I get two more for free! So I bought 4 bottles and received 4 freebies.

This supply should last me well past Easter. Though once word gets out, I doubt the store's supply will. They receive only one delivery, and while it's big, last year I went back a week after Passover and the store had completely sold the allotment. "It was like ants, attacking a pile of sugar" commented the store manager.

Cheers!

• Like 3

I finally logged in on the renewed forum after having been offline for a long time. Looks good in here, great work! :smile:

• Like 1

Picked the right day for public transportation to the pier in Santa Monica.  Turns out rides are free on metro lines and the Metrolink trains for earth day.  Windy and chill today but still a nice day and view of the mountains near Malibu looking northwest.

Headed back home on bus, subway and train minutes ago.

Edited by invisible airwave
  • Like 1

I finally started my new job today, and I'm so happy!

• Like 4

Hiking Kings Canyon past the grazing sheep. They've been in the area the past two weeks for fire prevention, and the sight, sound and smell of sheep adds to one of my favorite hiking areas.

• Like 3

52 minutes ago, goose said:

Hiking Kings Canyon past the grazing sheep. They've been in the area the past two weeks for fire prevention, and the sight, sound and smell of sheep adds to one of my favorite hiking areas.

Pfft, I'm a loser compared to that guy. ^^^^^

Instagram is no longer a mobile device first platform??? All right, all right, we'll be using this more...much more now.

On 5/20/2022 at 2:44 PM, BastillePark said:

It was actually yesterday but I worked with a guy who had a  BLAH BLAH BLAH shirt on. He was quite surprised that I knew what is was.

I kept the sticker of the same, included with a mail order. Still don't know where to stick it. But I do think about driving around town with a pin-button of Rush on the hatch back window. Never a honk, nobody ever waves at me at a red light. Oh well. 

But I need to stop looking in the side view mirror and seeing the button, then waving at myself in the rear view mirror and ignoring the honking from behind.

"Move on!" It's only a button, they yell.

I did, once, see a guy carrying Walmart bags of groceries toward a bus stop, wearing a Rush shirt. After thinking about it and passing a couple of blocks, I did a U-Turn and looked for him. Gone. It was after listening to a Geddy interview about avoiding fans and the attention of being spotted in public. I wanted to actually offer the guy a ride. Just because of the shirt. 

• Like 2

I explored a dirt road near a local nuclear power plant. It's open to the public, but after about half a mile a chain link fence appeared on either side of the road, and as I continued several gated 'side roads' appeared with rather ominous no trespassing signs on them. After I crested a small hill the road just came to a dead end. There was a small brick building with no windows and just enough room to turn around. I never saw another human being and got the feeling it was an area I shouldn't be snooping around. Weird.

This is about 20 miles from home, and the dirt access road is visible from the highway. I always wondered what was back there.

Needless to say I won't be going back, but it was interesting! 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, HomesickAlien said:

I explored a dirt road near a local nuclear power plant. It's open to the public, but after about half a mile a chain link fence appeared on either side of the road, and as I continued several gated 'side roads' appeared with rather ominous no trespassing signs on them. After I crested a small hill the road just came to a dead end. There was a small brick building with no windows and just enough room to turn around. I never saw another human being and got the feeling it was an area I shouldn't be snooping around. Weird.

This is about 20 miles from home, and the dirt access road is visible from the highway. I always wondered what was back there.

It would be cool!  We live near the Three Mile Island nuclear reactor that over heated in the late 70s.  It was actually 2 reactor units; the other one kept working until it was decommissioned last year.  They used to do tours and so forth, I should have gotten over there!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, HomesickAlien said:

4 hours ago, blueschica said:

It would be cool!  We live near the Three Mile Island nuclear reactor that over heated in the late 70s.  It was actually 2 reactor units; the other one kept working until it was decommissioned last year.  They used to do tours and so forth, I should have gotten over there!

They give tours at this plant as well, but I've never been there, and I wasn't near the 'official' entrance to the plant. The transmission lines from the plant cross the highway more than a mile away from this little dirt road. It's hard to say how close I was to the plant itself because the road is winding and passes through scrubby oak savanna. You'd think they would have gated the entrance to this spooky dirt road. Why allow people to drive back there if it just comes to a dead end! 

• Like 2

Found out last night that HBO Max has all 5 seasons of Babylon 5.  Watched about 3 last night, so many good lines and jokes.  Between this and Stanley Cup playoffs I am one happy camper :biggrin::bounce:

• Like 2

Michigan Republican gubernatorial candidate Ryan D. Kelly was arrested Thursday on misdemeanor charges of participating in the Jan. 6, 2021, siege of the Capitol, including a count of damaging federal property, the Justice Department announced.

A contender in the state’s crowded Aug. 8 primary, Kelley faces four counts punishable by up to a year in prison, including trespassing, disorderly conduct, committing an act of violence against a person or property on restricted grounds, and depredation of federal property, according to charging papers. [Washington Post]

• Like 1

Finally finished packing up all the materials and equipment from the Ontario election.

Working a Returning Office within a district is a daily grind and long days. About six weeks!

Polling night is coming home around two in the morning.

Today we stood back and looked at all that transpired, had some laughs, submerged some grudges and went for a martini lunch :smoke:

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Bahamas said:

Finally finished packing up all the materials and equipment from the Ontario election.

Working a Returning Office within a district is a daily grind and long days. About six weeks!

Today we stood back and looked at all that transpired, had some laughs, submerged some grudges and went for a martini lunch :smoke:

I am on our local election board and have spent two weeks leading a team in processing mail in ballots.  Good fun!

• Like 1

On 6/9/2022 at 8:39 PM, Bahamas said:

12 hours ago, goose said:

I am on our local election board and have spent two weeks leading a team in processing mail in ballots.  Good fun!

Thank you both! I know it's a lot of work!

• Like 1

13 hours ago, goose said:

It can be lots of fun, no doubt, thanks goose!

• Like 1