What made your day today? v.2

1-0-0-1-0-0-1

The first verdict from the January 6th Capitol breach trials is in. Guilty on all 5 felony counts.
  • Like 6

The first verdict from the January 6th Capitol breach trials is in. Guilty on all 5 felony counts.

I have friends and a family member whose offices were evacuated that day. One had to lock themselves in their office, unable to come out for many hours, while idiots pounded on the door. Not my favorite day; don't get me started. Two thumbs up on bringing these guys to trial.

Edited by blueschica
  • Like 5

I have friends and a family member whose offices were evacuated that day. One had to lock themselves in their office, unable to come out for many hours, while idiots pounded on the door. Not my favorite day; don't get me started. Two thumbs up on bringing these guys to trial.

And this was the guy where most of the evidence came from his adult son turning him in, no? They had large political disagreements. When things get so heated it seems like it tears apart friends and family; very sad.

• Like 1

And this was the guy where most of the evidence came from his adult son turning him in, no? They had large political disagreements. When things get so heated it seems like it tears apart friends and family; very sad.

The guy is part of a mob passing barricades, he's armed with a gun. Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

• Like 4

Various checks and things notwithstanding, have agreed a move to a property which is only half an hour to Edinburgh and has its own woods, but still has no neighbours within hearing or seeing distance. It`s called North Lodge which I like as an address. It`ll be much, much cheaper and easier to maintain everything than the excessively large farmhouse and grounds I`m in right now. Fingers crossed... :D
  • Like 4

Went to Universal Studios Hollywood for the first time since December 2009. Got my annual silver pass and paid in full. Tried Despicable Me and Transformers rides for the first time and went on the tram tour ride. Jimmy Fallon does it now instead of Whoopi Goldberg. The King Kong part of the tram ride was updated as 3D presented by Peter Jackson.

Simpsons ride, which I've been on before, was closed for refurbishing. Went to Krusty Burger for lunch as well.

Edited by invisible airwave

The King Kong part of the tram ride was updated as 3D presented by Peter Jackson.

A few years back I took the Lad on the tour. The 3d motion of the Kong segment made him puke right on the tram floor He had to say goodbye to his favorite sweatshirt after mopping up the mess. :lol:

• Like 1

The King Kong part of the tram ride was updated as 3D presented by Peter Jackson.

A few years back I took the Lad on the tour. The 3d motion of the Kong segment made him puke right on the tram floor He had to say goodbye to his favorite sweatshirt after mopping up the mess. :lol:

I went with some friends to Six Flags Magic Mountain two decades ago. I rode at least two times on one ride while the others went multiple times after lunch. I was the only one who wasn't feeling tired and sick, obviously. Always go on slower rides after you eat a big meal. :lol:

My local government did something smart! They've shortened the period for alternate side parking.

It used to be November 1st thru April 1st. Now, it is December 1st thru March 15th.

Life is Good. :sundog:

My local government did something smart! They've shortened the period for alternate side parking.

It used to be November 1st thru April 1st. Now, it is December 1st thru March 15th.

Life is Good. :sundog:

And now, the grocery stores in my town are starting to once again carry certain "favorite" items that have been gone for months.

Life is Gooder!

• Like 1

Looks like there won't be anymore turning clocks back. I voted to end it in the 2018 mid terms in CA. I hate seeing it get darker earlier.

One or the other, but the annual shift is flat out stupid. Glad Congress can at least unite around the easy stuff.

Now let's de-schedule weed for Pete's sake.

• Like 2

Looks like there won't be anymore turning clocks back. I voted to end it in the 2018 mid terms in CA. I hate seeing it get darker earlier.

One or the other, but the annual shift is flat out stupid. Glad Congress can at least unite around the easy stuff.

People in the northern tier think they're gonna like it. I suspect their opinions will change when it doesn't get light out until nearly 9:00 AM in December and January. Maybe not tho, we shall see.

• Like 1

People in the northern tier think they're gonna like it. I suspect their opinions will change when it doesn't get light out until nearly 9:00 AM in December and January. Maybe not tho, we shall see.

Are you saying we can't regulate away the Earth's movement around the Sun?!? :lol:
  • Like 2

What made my day today?

For the first time in almost two years (not trying to invite pandemic philosophies - but it was a factor; not about masking by region - but Ontario is a huge province; not about new health measures - yes there were many visits with friends; ...)

But, went out for dinner at the local Keg Restaurant. Up here, we are trying to get back to normal.

Two years.

And feeling the need to spend!

To just be served food and drinks and get into a (smelly) cab, again, on the way there.

I was a server at this Keg about thirty years ago, going through school, have been back over the years.

But tonight?

First night out, ordered everything - cocktails, appetisers, salad, meal, dessert, the Spanish Coffees, everything clicked perfectly.

I re-masked, entered the aisles to find a manager to say that our server is a keeper and deserves recognition.

I saw one of the owners, the guy who has scrubbed dishes on a busy Saturday night (I have seen it!), drop french fry baskets when his family was in line for two hours.

After a quick chat and catching up on what we are up to, lately, we fist bumped and went away.

Our desserts were free! Ha. The invoice showed every item, yup, but Billy Miner Pie, Small Chocolate Brownie...Zero :chickendance:

What made my day today was going back to a place I worked, seeing how much they still care about a dining experience, and remembering how great it felt to work there when I was still in school.

Edited by Bahamas
  • Like 4

Bought a load of art supplies to reward myself for mowing the lawn. Creating art is second to the joy of buying supplies :cool:

Definitely! I don't do fine art, but I do textile art. I can shop for yarn and fabric all day long! :lol:

• Like 3

Not quite made my day, but certainly a good interaction, with the removal man who visited today to give me a quote. He just wanted to talk about Van Halen and Rush when he saw my guitars and CDs and books. He`s going to see Primus doing Farewell to Kings in Glasgow and his favourite record is Women and Children First. :cheers:
  • Like 3