What made your day today? v.2

1-0-0-1-0-0-1

the Dodgers won the game that i went to last night, and my first day at my new job went great!
  • Like 4

Finally picked up my new glasses, first new pair in over two years. Haven't made it to the optometrist with all the other crap going on, and the vision through the old pair was getting marginal, along with them slipping off and going to ground any time I lowered my head, necessitating a retaining strap. The new pair hugs my temples, and the progression between the two lens levels is negligible. Ah, clear sight again!
  • Like 1

I finished a little yard project.

I was always a big fan of M*A*S*H, both the series and the film. A fun little detail that drew my attention was the sign post they had, with the names of places and their mileage.

mash-4077-sign-post1_orig.jpg

Since I've retired, people ask me what's on my bucket list, and when I tell them they ask me why. So I created a signpost to remind myself of the travelling I did while I was young, and the adventures connected with those places. Now I can look out into the garden and be reminded of a youth well-lived, one that includes places like Rome, Munich, Cannes, Ghent, and Belfast... (Europe), Mazatlán and Veracruz... (Mexico), Palm Springs, Salt Lake, Tempe, Ketcham, Point Brown, Yarmouth, Clovis, Okanogan Valley, Shelton, Kapa'a, Kona, Heavenly Valley...

And I love that each little sign leads to a string of other places that I just couldn't fit. :)

Edited by goose
  • Like 3

Ordered a new refrigerator! A 14 ft3 unit to replace my smallish beverage cooler downstairs.

I needs me some more space! Pop, water, beer, pop, assorted food items, more pop..... :sundog:

Ordered a new refrigerator! A 14 ft3 unit to replace my smallish beverage cooler downstairs.

I needs me some more space! Pop, water, beer, pop, assorted food items, more pop..... :sundog:

Delivery appointment was for any time between 2:30 pm and 8:00 pm today. :facepalm:

It arrived at 2:45 pm. :sundog: :sundog:

• Like 4

Delivery appointment was for any time between 2:30 pm and 8:00 pm today. :facepalm:

It arrived at 2:45 pm. :sundog: :sundog:

Those delivery windows crack me up. Lucky that you caught the front end. I usually end up waiting around the house all day for a delivery or service. :rage:

My sister-in-law gave me a year's supply of noodle bowls. Her kids are picky, but I'm not.
  • Like 2

Got to ride on an express Metrolink train from Covina to Montclair. Had no idea they had them until yesterday. Nice since Upland usually comes after that and I made an easy transfer to some bus home. Pomona and Claremont, my old town, were skipped so it took only 15 minutes. The next stop would have been San Berdu so I was getting off anyways.

Follow up at the Doctor's; the good: Whatever kicked my ass before the 4th of July was the flu or some other bug, but was NOT Covid, confirmed by test results. Most of my blood work was good, sugar 104, A1C 5.9.

The bad: whatever weight I supposedly lost 6 months ago crept back on, I'm up to 280. Other blood work and previous health history indicate it's time for another colonoscopy, oh joy!

• Like 1

Follow up at the Doctor's; the good: Whatever kicked my ass before the 4th of July was the flu or some other bug, but was NOT Covid, confirmed by test results. Most of my blood work was good, sugar 104, A1C 5.9.

The bad: whatever weight I supposedly lost 6 months ago crept back on, I'm up to 280. Other blood work and previous health history indicate it's time for another colonoscopy, oh joy!

Glad to hear the blood work was good! That is golden these days!

• Like 1

We were supposed to attend a concert in Washington DC next weekend. We are not able to go, and I called the box office to see if I could give the tickets to a friend (or something, it is one of those deals, have to pick up tix in person and have an ID that matches the buyer, blah blah blah.).

I don't know if it's because of covid or what, but when I explained the situation, the "no refunds" box office said they would be happy to refund our tickets under the circumstances. :) :)

Not sure if my friend would have been able to go anyway so I will go for the refund that was offered.

Edited by blueschica
  • Like 2

I found a 2nd job, but now I have 24 courses to do as part of my orientation. I guess this means no more soap operas!!

Finally got the last remainder of my COVID unemployment checks in the mail. Been a pain in the ass getting some rejected by taking photos of them on my credit app, though. Got a couple in and cashed one at my local Vons by putting some of it on the green dot money pak card to transfer to my account but I'm gonna keep trying with the 3 other checks. I don't feel like paying $11 fee on getting cash and $5 for the green dot money pak card.

A Tahoe breakfast with TRF's workingcinderellaman!

:cheerleader:

Did he give you a dental check too?

No, but I can't help but feel a little self-conscious when we're together...

5UT_PL.gif

:lol:

Got my filling replaced...after two years of waiting! With my dentist retiring, new appointment waiting list...shut down, another shut down or jack knife or U-Turn or whatever the heck these health zone measures are called...it finally got done today. I chose no needle. I wanted to suffer a bit. All went well. Never had discomfort by my hygienist said each visit - you better get this done sooner than later.

And ordered a new 4 Season two person camping tent today to celebrate. I'm a call it "The Molar". :7up:

Despite the fact that there was not too much competition (though, someone did get cut), I found out that I got into my college's somewhat competitive jazz band after deciding to audition pretty last minute!

Congratulations, good news! :) :)

• Like 2