What made your day today? v.2

1-0-0-1-0-0-1

i bought myself a gaming laptop and it arrived yesterday, so that made my day. today i went to get breakfast with a couple coworkers and we gossiped for almost 3 hours, so that was fun.
  • Like 2

I found a brand new pair of beautiful, perfectly fitting heels for zero money in our recycling corner for our personnel at work. Top notch, never worn, pristine black leather. Satin laces and a few small, heart-shaped punches, 2-inch heels. The shoes already proved to be a perfect choice when playing air bass: Malignant Narcissism, Circumstances, La Villa, Hemispheres.

If you catch me walking in these shoes smile back at me, 'cause I'll be smiling at every step.

Edited by Sun & Moon
  • Like 3

The knowledge that Rocky is OK for another year. I had him to the Vet yesterday for his annual exam, shots, and such. The Doctor called today, advising Rock's laboratory values were all good and other indicators were fine. He noted a slight loss of flexibility in his joints and thought it might be a good idea to start him on a glucosamine/chondroitin supplement. All in all he's in great shape for 14+, which based on size and breeds make- up is equivalent to late 80' s in humans. Jeez, the dog is older than I am!
  • Like 5

Got to take a quick trip to Vegas Friday to pick up a new kitty! It's a long story but we are taking a 5 year old British Shorthair home. The family couldn't keep her after they moved to a smaller house. She is the same breed that we used to show and bred for a short time. The boy in my signature is the first Brit we owned and we love them. Big cuddly teddy bears (even though they don't like to be lap cats, ;) ) we know the breeder they got the cat through so its all good. She's hiding out in our basement, still a little scared but will let us pet her.

It was a fast trip but was so nice for a change of scene. Beautiful open country and lots of blue sky.

I can't seem to post a picture but she is the same breed of cat I have in my signature... she's just a bit smaller.

Edited by Rhyta
  • Like 6

Got to take a quick trip to Vegas Friday to pick up a new kitty! It's a long story but we are taking a 5 year old British Shorthair home. The family couldn't keep her after they moved to a smaller house. She is the same breed that we used to show and bred for a short time. The boy in my signature is the first Brit we owned and we love them. Big cuddly teddy bears (even though they don't like to be lap cats, ;) ) we know the breeder they got the cat through so its all good. She's hiding out in our basement, still a little scared but will let us pet her.

It was a fast trip but was so nice for a change of scene. Beautiful open country and lots of blue sky.

I can't seem to post a picture but she is the same breed of cat I have in my signature... she's just a bit smaller.

What a great adventure! Your new kitty sounds beautiful; what fun it will be for you to get to know her. Nice way to start the summer. :heart:

Edited by blueschica
  • Like 3

You don`t need fancy pedigrees when there are BSH cats about! I`ve had lots of these, and while I`m tempted to get a Maine Coon or something one day, I love these little fools, especially in their tuxedos. My two at the moment are incredibly affectionate and tactile and little tricksters too. Hope yours provides you with as much love and entertainment as mine do for me :heart:
  • Like 3

You don`t need fancy pedigrees when there are BSH cats about! I`ve had lots of these, and while I`m tempted to get a Maine Coon or something one day, I love these little fools, especially in their tuxedos. My two at the moment are incredibly affectionate and tactile and little tricksters too. Hope yours provides you with as much love and entertainment as mine do for me :heart:

Absolutely agree with you. We fell in love over a decade ago with the breed and find them very amusing and lovable. It's so funny when they get the zoomies late at night, sounds like a bunch of elephants rumbling around. :laughing guy:

• Like 4

Absolutely agree with you. We fell in love over a decade ago with the breed and find them very amusing and lovable. It's so funny when they get the zoomies late at night, sounds like a bunch of elephants rumbling around. :laughing guy:

"Zoomies", love it! Yeah, it`s amazing how much noise they can make and how fast they can move :D
  • Like 2

I get a call from the AC people, saying they're on the way to replace my through the wall AC unit-a day earlier than expected. They just left, the AC is blasting, and we'll see how long it takes:

(a) to bring the ambient temperature down from 89°, and

(b) before Rocky starts bugging to go outside. YAY!

• Like 2

I get a call from the AC people, saying they're on the way to replace my through the wall AC unit-a day earlier than expected. They just left, the AC is blasting, and we'll see how long it takes:

It doesn't matter what temperature a room is.

It's always room temperature.

When discussing food I believe room temperature is considered 74 degrees F.

1620244005[/url'>' post='4911394']
1620242598' post='4911380']
1620240680[/url]' post='4911373']

That may be too cold for some people. They can sit in the corners, which are usually 90 degrees.

Edited by Principled Man
  • Like 2

That may be too cold for some people. They can sit in the corners, which are usually 90 degrees.

Tuesday around 5 pm was absolutely vile! 94 ° outside and 90 inside. Around 8 pm it was 86° outside and felt definitely cooler. When the install technicians left yesterday and I posted my OP it was 91 outside and 89 inside. Within an hour inside temprature was down to 81. I'm still working with settings, but if I can keep things around 78 inside, I'm fine.
  • Like 3

The thought that I made it through the weekend without going completely batshit crazy, considering events this time last year.
  • Like 3

This is a few days old but got to have a family party at my sister's house. Everyone is vaccinated and we could celebrate the birthdays we missed and wish my sister a Happy Mother's day. It was so much fun to just talk and laugh and I enjoyed petting all the doggies too. Felt wonderful :heart:
  • Like 2

At the end of last year, long-time Formula 1 driver Romaine Grosjean was told that he would be losing his racing seat for 2021, leaving him with little chance of racing this year. To make things worse, in his final race of 2020 he lost control at 140mph and crashed through a barrier, cutting his car in two and leaving him trapped in a ball of fire for two and a half minutes. Miraculously, he walked out of the crash, suffering severe burns to his hands but no other serious injuries.

For 2021 Grosjean decided to continue racing, coming to the US for Indy Cars. After winning pole position with the best qualifying time, today he finished second and received a moving ovation from the crowd.

• Like 2

Played 18 holes for the first time in two years. It was GREAT.

Beautiful sunny day, I hit enough good shots to keep coming back for more and the beer girl was bee-U-tiful!

• Like 3

One of my four Bonsai tree seeds has germinated! Not that exciting, but at least I know I didn`t buy very small stones. Edited by IbanezJem
  • Like 2