What made your day today? v.2

1-0-0-1-0-0-1

I actually had a good day today.

:7up: :7up: Those are worth gold! I hope you have some more soon!

They are worth gold. I can't remember the last good one I had.

An older couple in their early 80s who are originally from Chicago invited us over to their home after Mass for breakfast. We had a wonderful time. The rest of the day was equally nice. It was also the first time since September 11th that we had blue skies and sun. The past week we have had smokey air and our air quality was just about 500.

• Like 2

My daughter has just informed me that I am going to be a Grandfather for the second time!

Baby due in March.

Congrats to you and the family! :hi:

Thanks!
  • Like 2

Apparently, this is an old story from 2018 that the FB site on my new feed posted an hour ago but I found out just now. Well said, Leonard. He, David Crosby and others are right. F that fishstick lover.

https://consequenceofsound.net/2018/10/leonard-cohen-kanye-west-is-not-picasso/

Vince Gill: “I just got an award given to me by a Beatle. Have you had that happen yet, Kanye?”

• Like 1

Just saw this commercial yesterday. It is so hillarious I looked it up on YouTube and there are a couple sequels. Mark Hamill and Patrick Stewart, just what I needed right now..a good laugh :laughing guy: :LOLsign: :clap:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tbFqRNyzNXw

Good day for Grandma yesterday, from what I gathered on FaceTime. She was in good spirits, sounded strong, looked good. She still needs dialysis, but the general attitude among her doctors is that she is doing well. We think we can even visit her (outside, with masks, of course) on Sunday. Leukemia, depression, heart attack, kidney failure, and coronavirus all tried and failed to take her.
  • Like 4

Good day for Grandma yesterday, from what I gathered on FaceTime. She was in good spirits, sounded strong, looked good. She still needs dialysis, but the general attitude among her doctors is that she is doing well. We think we can even visit her (outside, with masks, of course) on Sunday. Leukemia, depression, heart attack, kidney failure, and coronavirus all tried and failed to take her.

Glad to hear she is doing better!

Received a message last night on FB from my S-i-L's son, thanking me for the check (a monetary bequest from Karen's will), and wanting to talk, but couldn't, as he didn't have my phone number. I messaged him back, he called me, and we talked for an hour. We would have had this conversation in person, in Upper Michigan, earlier this month, where it not for Covid. A great conversation, hopefully to be continued Up North over lunch and libations, next May.
  • Like 5

Received a message last night on FB from my S-i-L's son, thanking me for the check (a monetary bequest from Karen's will), and wanting to talk, but couldn't, as he didn't have my phone number. I messaged him back, he called me, and we talked for an hour. We would have had this conversation in person, in Upper Michigan, earlier this month, where it not for Covid. A great conversation, hopefully to be continued Up North over lunch and libations, next May.

That's just awesome.

• Like 1

That's just awesome.

:yes:

I found out that the average American woman has a dress size of 14. I am well below that, so I'm not gonna stress about it anymore.
  • Like 3

I found out that the average American woman has a dress size of 14. I am well below that, so I'm not gonna stress about it anymore.

I wouldn’t bother comparing myself with others when it comes to that. The only thing worth being concerned about is whether or not you’re healthy.

I mean hell, I’m slim by American Samoa standards but nobody (outside of American Samoa) with good vision would say I’m slim. :P

• Like 1

I wouldn’t bother comparing myself with others when it comes to that. The only thing worth being concerned about is whether or not you’re healthy.

I mean hell, I’m slim by American Samoa standards but nobody (outside of American Samoa) with good vision would say I’m slim. :P

So I look up my Body Mass Index and I'm considered obese. Fukking bullshit. I am not obese. I'm a big dude, 6'6" and 265 lbs but I'm anything but obese. Not letting it bother me one bit. There are mirrors in my house.