What made your day today? v.2

1-0-0-1-0-0-1

Just a couple of good days.

Started yesterday with a face-to-face follow-up with my primary physician, first in nearly a yearly. He expressed in condolences on hearing about Karen, looks me over, runs the stethoscope over my chest and back. Says my A1C is at 7.0, and total cholesterol at 150-"you're in great shape, stay strong, see ya in 4 months." Booyah!

Today, went to my friend's ice cream shop to deliver a couple of framed pictures willed to him and received my first real hug. We chatted for a few minutes whi!e he took care of some cutomers, then bought a chocolate malt, and took off to finish shopping and head home.

Edited by pjbear05
  • Like 4

Started yesterday with a face-to-face follow-up with my primary physician, first in nearly a yearly. He expressed in condolences on hearing about Karen, looks me over, runs the stethoscope over my chest and back. Says my A1C is at 7.0, and total cholesterol at 150-"you're in great shape, stay strong, see ya in 4 months." Booyah!

Today, went to my friend's ice cream shop to deliver a couple of framed pictures willed to him and received my first real hug. We chatted for a few minutes whi!e he took care of some cutomers, then bought a chocolate malt, and took off to finish shopping and head home.

I hope there are many many more good times for you to look forward to.
  • Like 2

Also, getting the Lad back into golf. He played competitively as a youngster years ago (8, 9 years old), then swim took over. I took him out to chip and putt today and he did great...most importantly we had a lot of fun.
  • Like 1

Pj, are you a Type 2 Diabetic? What does your doctor think about your A1C being at 7.0?

this happened yesterday and it made my WEEK, i bought my own car! it's a base model 2007 toyota yaris!

7d6d0f16565e19362f330a060fd1b5ab23a0ba2c.jpg

• Like 3

this happened yesterday and it made my WEEK, i bought my own car! it's a base model 2007 toyota yaris!

7d6d0f16565e19362f330a060fd1b5ab23a0ba2c.jpg

Cool! ... Health to drive!
  • Like 1

10 weeks ago i ordered a couple of electrical components from Amazon at a dirt cheap price (not noticing initially that they

were shipping from China.) They arrived today!!! It may have been a 'Slow Boat From China' but it got here in the end!!

• Like 1

Pj, are you a Type 2 Diabetic? What does your doctor think about your A1C being at 7.0?

Type 2, 500 mg Metformin 2X daily. Doctor wasn't overconcerned, given the rest of my lab values were so good for me. I think last test 8 months ago A1C was 5.7, so it did seem odd that we shrugged it off. :eh:
  • Like 1

Type 2, 500 mg Metformin 2X daily. Doctor wasn't overconcerned, given the rest of my lab values were so good for me. I think last test 8 months ago A1C was 5.7, so it did seem odd that we shrugged it off. :eh:

You are one of the few people I have met who can tolerate Metformin.

My husband is a type 2 and takes nothing anymore. His blood sugar, which I test twice a day, rarely goes above 140. Tonight it was 119. The doctor thought taking any pills would do him more harm than good.

• Like 1

I just rang my mum 5 mins ago. We have just been given the go-ahead to go visit her on Friday!! I haven't seen her for 14 weeks ...... so excited! :banana:

You are one of the few people I have met who can tolerate Metformin.

My husband is a type 2 and takes nothing anymore. His blood sugar, which I test twice a day, rarely goes above 140. Tonight it was 119. The doctor thought taking any pills would do him more harm than good.

Wow, those are good numbers! I'll admit I don't watch my diet much so my numbers vary. My first thing in the morning count is usually below 120, unless I've been particularly bad. Latest spike was last week, two hours after dinner and evening dosing, which was 165.

After the freak hailstorm we had last night I went to check on my vegetable plants this morning and I noticed my tomatoes are growing and my strawberries are starting to appear! Made me really proud that I was able to grow my own food. I also have Kale just about ready for first harvest too! :D
  • Like 4

The rabbit sitting right outside the window of our library/computer room eating grass and the absolutely gorgeous view of the prairie and the mountains.

Oh, and the donkey next door is making his donkey noises. He sounds annoyed. Probably supper is late.

• Like 5

I got to visit my Mum today - first time in 14 weeks. We weren't allowed to hug, but it was great just to see her.
  • Like 2

I got to visit my Mum today - first time in 14 weeks. We weren't allowed to hug, but it was great just to see her.

Just being in the same room makes a world of difference. :)

• Like 2

It's so hot I'm sweating all the impurities out of my body to the extent that I'm now a virgin once more! :angel:

Impossible. To remove your impunities and reach virgin status again you'd have to sweat down to a paper thin layer of dry skin.

Well I've been drenched for days!