What made your day today? v.2

1-0-0-1-0-0-1

TRF and YouTube, would go nuts if I didn't have music to listen to while online. Cheers to everyone here :D :clap: :yes: :geddy:
  • Like 3

TRF and YouTube, would go nuts if I didn't have music to listen to while online. Cheers to everyone here :D :clap: :yes: :geddy:

Isn't that the truth? :7up: :cheers: :yes: :cheerleader: :cheerleader: :cheerleader: :cheerleader: :cheerleader: :cheerleader:

Edited by Lorraine
  • Like 1

Got a refurbished swanky "new" computer today and graduated to windows 10.

I hate change.

I've had enough change the last two months to last me until the day if die.

:)

Also got a printer/scanner/copier all in one!!

Isn't that something?

Edited by Lorraine
  • Like 4

Dumb but fun! I was listening to a college radio station from Philadelphia and suddenly heard, "I'm Geddy Lee of Rush, and you're listening to Dan Reed on WXPN!" :heart:

Then they played In The Mood. Just like all those cheesy promos from the 70's and 80's but it was Geddy so I loved it. He stopped by there last summer on the book signing tour so I assume that's when it was recorded. :ebert:

• Like 2

Suddenly everyone in my far flung family wanted masks, so I ended up sewing 10 today and getting them mailed off. It made me feel like I was at least doing a little something and everyone is grateful. I forgot to take a photo, though!
  • Like 1

Just two minutes ago: I was looking out my kitchen door, and watching a blackbird feeding off a suet bar that I have hanging next to my larger bird feeder.

The blackbird started to fly away, but a millisecond later, a falcon came wooshing in, grabbed and pinned the screaming bird onto the pavement - just six feet in front of me!

The falcon looked around for a second or two, then flew away with its prize.

AWESOME!!

:haz: :haz: :haz:

Edited by Principled Man

Just two minutes ago: I was looking out my kitchen door, and watching a blackbird feeding off a suet bar that I have hanging next to my larger bird feeder.

The blackbird started to fly away, but a millisecond later, a falcon came wooshing in, grabbed and pinned the screaming bird onto the pavement - just six feet in front of me!

AWESOME!!

So, basically, you've built a falcon feeder in your backyard? ;0

AWESOME!!

So, basically, you've built a falcon feeder in your backyard? ;0

As long as that magnificent raptor only takes the ugly birds, then I'm all good with it! :laughing guy:

More fabric, 50 yards of ribbon and 20 YARDS OF ELASTIC arrived today! ( the elastic is a HUGE score- very difficult to find on the coronavirus market!) I have been put to work by my parents and relatives, demanding masks. I'm a little slow but working on them.

BXgJR6Jm.jpg OmMcHR7m.jpg

And it's my 10,000th post !! :banana: :7up: :yay: :7up: :yay: :cheerleader: :banana:

• Like 6

More fabric, 50 yards of ribbon and 20 YARDS OF ELASTIC arrived today! ( the elastic is a HUGE score- very difficult to find on the coronavirus market!) I have been put to work by my parents and relatives, demanding masks. I'm a little slow but working on them.

And it's my 10,000th post !! :banana: :7up: :yay: :7up: :yay: :cheerleader: :banana:

blueschica, your pic of the guy/gal going to the store made me laugh. It's how it is. It's like a nightmare going grocery shopping. And, I so wish I could sew like you! I'm very 'crafty' and do lot's of projects myself. But, sewing is not my thing....at all...LOL I looked on youtube for no sew masks and I can just imagine how mine will come out! I still have some that I had from years ago care giving, but only a few, so I have to get on top of this, and I did look on Etsy, but the one's I'm finding that aren't sold out look so crappy.

Thanks for the laugh and happy sewing! :) :clap:

Oh, and huge congrats on your 10,000th post! :notworthy:

• Like 2

blueschica, your pic of the guy/gal going to the store made me laugh. It's how it is. It's like a nightmare going grocery shopping. And, I so wish I could sew like you! I'm very 'crafty' and do lot's of projects myself. But, sewing is not my thing....at all...LOL I looked on youtube for no sew masks and I can just imagine how mine will come out! I still have some that I had from years ago care giving, but only a few, so I have to get on top of this, and I did look on Etsy, but the one's I'm finding that aren't sold out look so crappy.

Thanks, Daylin! You are probably better at sewing than you remember- the masks came up pretty suddenly, I think a lot of people are having to go with what they have or improvise! Stay safe! :hi:

• Like 1

Thanks, Daylin! You are probably better at sewing than you remember- the masks came up pretty suddenly, I think a lot of people are having to go with what they have or improvise! Stay safe! :hi:

I never could sew, never wanted to learn! Probably best to not start experimenting with PPE!

• Like 3

I never could sew, never wanted to learn! Probably best to not start experimenting with PPE!

You are right, Mara! It's not like we're trying to sew on a button! I'm going to order some. In the meantime I will use what I have, so I think I have enough for when I go to the grocery and pharmacy.

And, thanks blueschica for your confidence in my sewing. :facepalm: :LOL:

:rose:

Edited by Daylin
  • Like 2

Rained a bunch yesterday, which brought the temps down from the scorching mid 90's we've been having. A breezy 84° as we speak, perfect!
  • Like 3

The sound of sheep in the nearby hills. It's the time of the year that the Basques bring in their flocks to graze, which help with wildfire suppression. It's wonderful to hear their bleating echoing down from the hillside.

Sheep-NAP-041217-1.jpg

• Like 4

^^Very cool -- the first time I read your post I thought it said "wildlife" suppression, which I thought was weird! Reading carefully is so very important.

I won (handicap adjusted) my golf round, putting me up rounds of beers.

My old R30 DVD set disappeared (I suspect one of my kidlets) so I ordered another used one. It was only $9.00 and I really just wanted the DVD with the interviews back.

It arrived today. SCORE! Turns out the person was selling one of the deluxe sets, with 2 DVDs, 2 CDs, guitar picks and tour pass. It was all in there- fun to receive it on a rainy day! :LOL:

And the next time that R30 tour hits the road, I'm ready with my pass! :P :( :( :(

e00QaeWl.jpg

• Like 3